• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 4: New Year, Old Arguments

Anura

Let me know if I missed anything. It's up to NeoRice but I think we should add a new rule. In order to get sprites, members should be more active in smashgaf threads. It's not fair that people who are not active in thread are getting the sprites because they just called it first. They should be more active in this thread in order to get other people's hard work.

I don't get a sprite =(... Actually that's problably fair as I stopped frequenting this thread after Marth got announced

CitrusStorm

Unconfirmed Member
Let me know if I missed anything. It's up to NeoRice but I think we should add a new rule. In order to get sprites, members should be more active in smashgaf threads. It's not fair that people who are not active in thread are getting the sprites because they just called it first. They should be more active in this thread in order to get other people's hard work.

What about in the case of a character nobody called initially (like Zelda)? If not, since I don't post here that much, I'd be fine giving it up.

-Horizon-

All you guys calling sprites smh

I joke I joke, it's like a thread tradition at this point and Neorice's avatars are pretty great

Tyeforce

Has no one seriously called Mii yet? I guess I'll take it if no one else has! I try to stay somewhat active in here, though not as much as others.

Gartooth

Probably getting a King Dedede pic tomorrow, would be interested in seeing how the Waddle Dee toss looks in this game and if any new minions were added to the mix.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I agree that people calling for characters first and then not posting hardly or even barely go in this thread should lose that privilege
what spurred this on? I just came in and saw heath's post lol

Nothing. I just noticed that I'm not familiar with some of members because I rarely see them being active in this thread.

zroid

Banned
Hmm has no one called any Rhythm Heaven things? Would it be too vague to claim "whatever Rhythm Heaven thing"? :p

If so, I guess I'll lay claim to the monkey.

4S7VlRB.png

something about that zelda sprite looks off to me

hmmmmm....

Fiktion

Banned
Well I got the posts to prove that I called Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik so I guess it doesn't matter if it's on the list or not.

Anura

Honestly seeing as how both IC and marth are already called I really don't want any sprite avatar... Unless he wants to make me a QQ moe one but really I'm fine with this marth one

I'd like the Palutena avatar with her inevitable reveal, but I won't make a fuss if someone more active wants it. I've been a member of Gaf for nearly 2 years and I'm still a junior, to put in perspective how much I lurk compared to posting, so I 'd understand someone else more prominent than me taking it.

I ain't giving up my current avatar though if someone does take Palutena.

Also I've been meaning to be more active in the irc but work and 3D World and work and work and Minecraft gets in the way.

ffdgh

I'd like the Palutena avatar with her inevitable reveal, but I won't make a fuss if someone more active wants it. I've been a member of Gaf for nearly 2 years and I'm still a junior, to put in perspective how much I lurk compared to posting, so I 'd understand someone else more prominent than me taking it.

Also I've been meaning to be more active in the irc but work and 3D World and work and work and Minecraft gets in the way.

Get 7 more posts so you can be a lurking member :D

kunonabi

i'll try and post more so i'm going to call Simon Belmont/CV rep. it's a pipe dream since konami are bunch of incompetent jerkoffs anyway.

To be honest, somebody else should probably take the Toon Link Neorice made specifically for his reveal (especially since I'm not even using the original at this point). I'll probably just draw up a new avatar for myself when I get the time, or K. Rool if by some divine intervention he gets in over Dixie.

Note to self: be more active here; the IRC has been getting most of my attention.

Gartooth

i'll try and post more so i'm going to call Simon Belmont/CV rep. it's a pipe dream since konami are bunch of incompetent jerkoffs anyway.

Keep that dream alive! Made an avatar bet for that character, I'm not sure if he will actually get in the game but if Sakurai in the past dealt with Konami to get Snake in then I don't see why Simon should be too difficult. I think his biggest problem is that there is simply too much competition for getting a 3rd party character in the game, we already have Sonic and Mega Man, Pac-Man is highly possible of happening, and Simon would be up against Snake as far as Konami reps. Bit of a shame because I think standing on its own, Castlevania is definitely a notable series that would work great in Smash.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Don't really understand what is going on with the avatar complaints, shouldn't we just leave it up to Neorice's discretion?

That's why I said it's up to NeoRice to decide since it's his creations, not our.

I think NeoRice want Palutena for himself, IIRC.

Gartooth

That's why I said it's up to NeoRice to decide since it's his creations, not our.

Yeah, I was just questioning the sentiment that people who don't show up often enough don't deserve to have the avatars. It's one thing if they are scooping up avatars of characters en masse from people that wanted them and are active here, but has there been much of a fuss about that? Otherwise, I don't see the harm but again it is up to Neorice to manage that.

Masked Man

I said wow
It's a national holiday here in Japan (and it feels like a Sunday to me, lol), so I completely forgot that we would be getting a new screenshot today! My guess is something simple featuring Dedede, but I'm more than happy to be proven wrong. ;)

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I bet it'll probably be along the lines of mentioning how he's more "animated" now.

Does anyone think it's out of the question for any of the Original 12 to have some of their moves changed? I know none of them have gotten any new moves in three games (except from 64 -> Melee for obvious reasons) but it seems to me like the newer characters get the more creative movesets and if Sakurai were developing them for the first time today, characters like Mario, Samus and DK would get more interesting moves.

Kyzon

That should be a general criteria.

That said, I would like an old manondorf whenever he's announced.

Does anyone think it's out of the question for any of the Original 12 to have some of their moves changed? I know none of them have gotten any new moves in three games (except from 64 -> Melee for obvious reasons) but it seems to me like the newer characters get the more creative movesets and if Sakurai were developing them for the first time today, characters like Mario, Samus and DK would get more interesting moves.

F.L.U.D.D. was mario's new move from melee to brawl, He also got a different D-Air attack.

Can't think of any other changes to the others though. I wouldn't consider the gale boomerang a change.
I hope we get updated movesets. Mario should get his Galaxy spin or something

It'd be nice if Yoshi's up-B got changed so it wasn't as useless, if nothing else. Barely counts as a recovery and I always felt making it work more like Yoshi's Island/Story's egg-throwing system does would be faster and make them more a viable character in Smash.

They could also change some of Ness's moves to differentiate him from Lucas, if not the opposite way around. Maybe some sort of teleport as his new Up-B?

Just make Falcon how he was in Melee though. Not competitive, but that was definitely somebody I felt got a totally shit deal when he was brought over to Brawl.

Ryce

Mario was given F.L.U.D.D. in Brawl, and some of the original characters had a few of their weak attacks changed; Kirby's dash attack is different, for example.

Drago

I never really minded Yoshi's shit recovery because his double jump is insanely good (or at least I always thought it was). There was a tweak in Brawl that gave him a slight upward movement when the move was used, so maybe they can make him move even higher up in 4.

kunonabi

Keep that dream alive! Made an avatar bet for that character, I'm not sure if he will actually get in the game but if Sakurai in the past dealt with Konami to get Snake in then I don't see why Simon should be too difficult. I think his biggest problem is that there is simply too much competition for getting a 3rd party character in the game, we already have Sonic and Mega Man, Pac-Man is highly possible of happening, and Simon would be up against Snake as far as Konami reps. Bit of a shame because I think standing on its own, Castlevania is definitely a notable series that would work great in Smash.

the moveset pretty much writes itself and more importantly we get bloody tears,vampire killer, etc. which lifts up the soundtrack instantly. the clock tower would make for a cool stage as well. as far as third party characters goes he's the best and most important rep left. Him and Goemon are much better reps than snake ever was anyway.

Top Bottom