• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS Thread 3: Ridley's Believe It or Not!

If you look closely, it seems like the upward wand wave has the glow/effect of a chargeable smash attack, where the ring does not. I'd say the ring is definitely the up tilt.
I think the upward-ring is her up-air - it shares a similar ring animation to her down-air, and she seemingly falls after performing it. It's not far of a stretch to think that she short hopped into a Uair.

Four newcomers revealed.

I honestly expect one or even two more.

What do y'all think?
Only one or two more? No chance. Smash Bros., to the casual audience that Sakurai likes so much, lives on newcomers. Additionally, if the newcomer slots were that limited, we wouldn't be getting a Mario newcomer when more hype/advertising could be generated with new franchise newcomers. We will get at the very least ten, probably more.

Caladrius

I'm thinking about 10-13 newcomers. They have more people and nothing as intensive as SSE to drain resources (I imagine that there's probably not going to be rampant feature bloat like Brawl either), but a tighter schedule and multiple platforms so it could go higher or lower.

Gartooth

Does anyone else wish that they would change Link's design to the one from Hyrule Warriors? Say what you will about the game, but the design for Link in that game is great! Hell to get it into Smash 4 it would only be some small edits to the existing model.

Honestly not a fan. It looks like they took the Shonen style designs for Link from recent 3D Zelda's and jumped off a cliff with it, not that I really mind that kind of style for Zelda but to me it never captured the classic "feel". ALBW Link for reference is possibly my favorite incarnation of Link in years because it does a great job of blending the classic and modern looks.

Ryce

Going forward, I expect to see a newcomer in each of the major bimonthly Nintendo Directs up until Fall 2014: February, April, June (E3), and August (and maybe September/October). That’s at least four more newcomers. I also think there will be a few hidden newcomers that won't be revealed until after launch.

Azure J

So is Rosalina a Stand Master

Rosalina Giovanna and Gold Experience Luma

Yep. It's also why all the "wahh Ice Climbers" stuff I'm seeing on the net is so weird.

Ice Climbers: Genei-jin or Seiei-enbu from Street Fighter 3
Rosalina: Character & their Stand in JJBA; Carl Clover or Relius Clover + their puppets in BlazBlue

I'm thinking about 10-13 newcomers. They have more people and nothing as intensive as SSE to drain resources, but a tighter schedule and multiple platforms so it could go higher or lower.

Agreed.

georly

IntelliHeath pointed out a problem with the Luma Summoning and how I put it as a Neutral-Special. That would mean Kirby would also be able to do that, which is very unlikely. But we did see Kirby act friendly with Luma in the trailer.

There is precedent for kirby NOT 100% copying a neutral B, and that is w/ olimar. He just throws the pikmin, akin to olimar's side b. He could just quickly summon a luma to do one attack and then it goes away.

-Horizon-

Does anyone else wish that they would change Link's design to the one from Hyrule Warriors? Say what you will about the game, but the design for Link in that game is great! Hell to get it into Smash 4 it would only be some small edits to the existing model.

B-but GAF told me that that game looks horrible!

QZccFqh.gif

Timeaisis

There is precedent for kirby NOT 100% copying a neutral B, and that is w/ olimar. He just throws the pikmin, akin to olimar's side b. He could just quickly summon a luma to do one attack and then it goes away.

Or it could be a slightly less effective adorable mini-kirby Luma.

Jawmuncher

I would have assumed if he were in the game, he would have been revealed by now. Also, why would they reveal him on the release of a game in his series on every platform but the ones Smash are on?

Whoops that was supposed to be in the other smash thread. Had both of them opened.
To answer though like I said oddly enough Snakes brawl inclusion was almost in some ways advertising for MGS4 with the music and Gekko inclusion. Doesn't really mean anything but I could see them doing something odd since Snake's main inclusion was because him and Sakurai are friends.

*Repost from my mistake in the Rosalina Thread*

Ryce

I don't even think the Super Punch-Out!! character is "officially" considered Little Mac in Japan. He's just an unnamed protagonist.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Huh, in the CGI trailer you can distinctly see
the "underskirt" of Rosalina's dress is actually outer space
. I guess that explains Fox's face.

GamerSoul

Awesom gifs DaBoss. It really shows how extensive her moves are with the Luma.

She looks is a great new character. I love the gravity elements in some of her moves and Luma looks to be the real star here.

This reveal doesn't hype me much though. :3

Top Bottom