• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch at 4.7 million | ARMS: 1.18 Million, Zelda: 3.92M, Mario Kart 3.54M

LotusHD

Banned
ARMS has legs confirmed. And this is before the free DLC planned has really taken off too, sounds very promising.

Why are people still shocked that Zelda and MK8 have a high attach rate?

Outside of indies there is only really Zelda, MK8, ARMS and Splatoon to play on the thing.

Numb

Looking forward to seeing Spring Man in the next Smash Bros.
That's not how you write Twintelle

DB3UTExV0AAik9u.jpg

Maximo

Oops double post.

WiiU was a complete disaster selling 13.56 million over its lifetime 9 million LESS then the Gamecube, its a shame Nintendo can't meet demands I was interested in seeing how crazy the Switch *could* have sold especially since its essentially a "sequel" to both the WiiU and 3DS.

Holy crap. Almost 90% of switch owners own Zelda Switch. Only Nintendo can command this kind of attach rate.

😂 Go look at some historicals for the other systems. It's lessens once there are more systems out there.

So, easily over 5M now. Curious how the holidays can impact their numbers.

takriel

It seems Breath of the Wild has surpassed Skyward Sword, which was at 3.67 Million.
Wasn't Skyward Sword 4+ million?

But BotW deserves all the sales. It is sending the right signal to Nintendo: People really like big and beautiful worlds that are worth exploring.

wrowa

Splatoon didn't kill ARMS?

Yeah, that's the thing with ARMS. Even if Splatoon doesn't kill its userbase, it likely has a very negative effect on ARMS continued sales. Someone who wants to pick up a competetive multiplayer game has to decide between ARMS and Splatoon and, well, Splatoon is frankly an easier sell for a quite a few reasons. Kinda baffling to me that Nintendo released these games so close to each other.

Still, nice to see it broke a million.

JoeM86

Insane attach rates for Zelda and Mario Kart, and a solid debut for Arms- I reckon that 2-3 million could establish it as a franchise that Nintendo will revisit at some point.

Yeah. I don't see ARMS being a top tier franchise for Nintendo like Mario, Zelda, Splatoon or Pokémon, but certainly one of their B-tiers like Kirby and Fire Emblem :)

Xbro

Wasn't Skyward Sword 4+ million?

But BotW deserves all the sales. It is sending the right signal to Nintendo: People really like big worlds that are worth exploring.

Nope.

Game also surpassed the original release of Majora's Mask, Link's Awakening and the individual oracle games. We can't gauge where it is because we don't know the Wii U version's numbers.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Wow at ARMS
don't know what to say about switch
We are seeing production numbers more tgsn anything here

jts

...hate me...
I mean, I kinda expected MK8D to have a very high attach rate, and the best on Switch. I thought it would be the highest selling Switch game by a landslide and fast.

The fact that it still isn't is insane. I cannot believe Zelda has a +80% attach rate after all these months and hardware sales.

BotW GOAT.

Mory Dunz

And I've been arguing with people saying ARMS would do 1-2m LTD.

As in Life. To. Date.

No way Nintendo would promote it that much unless they expected at least 3m, and in my opinion 4m. (I expected Splatoon 1 numbers so we'll see)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Amazing ARMS performance.... Man so happy to see a new IP perform like this. Nintendo need to stay on that path they started with Splatoon and ARMS.

BotW/MK8... Great.

Amneisac

Why are people still shocked that Zelda and MK8 have a high attach rate?

Outside of indies there is only really Zelda, MK8, ARMS and Splatoon to play on the thing.

It's going to be funny how these posts will keep getting longer and longer. Soon it will be:

There's only really Zelda, MK8, Arms, Splatoon, Rabbids, and Mario Odyssey to play on the thing.

What kind of output do people expect in the first year?

Isn't Zelda at 550k in Japan on 1.2 million switches? So 650k of those copies of Zelda not sold per console are in Japan. Meaning outside Japan it's sold a copy for all but 100k Switch owners?

Neiteio

Wow, ARMS is already a million-seller? NICE!

Now give me the spinoffs. Min Min noodle shop sim. Twintelle action game by Platinum. Byte & Barq buddy cop adventure featuring the voices of Chris Tucker and Danny Glover.

Also, make some goddamn amiibo with bendy arms.

sleepnaught

Awesome to see how well the Switch is doing, makes me very hopeful for the next few years. I really hope they can ramp up production and move more units.

Kindekuma

Banned
Good news all around. I can't wait to see Splatoon 2 sales in a month or two. BotW and MK8D attach rate, lawd have mercy.

Top Bottom