• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch dev talk – 50,000 yen for a kit, Capcom wants to make AAA games, much more

TAS

What a beast Switch is. We might see a return to the golden age of 3rd party Nintendo support with this thing.

jmizzal

"Finally, Capcom is looking into having the Resident Evil engine be capable for Nintendo Switch. The company also wants to develop AAA titles for Switch."

This is good to see

RE 7 port, and RE2 remake will be nice, also MH Switch

Xiao Hu

Capcom is one of the two Japanese developers (except for Nintendo) I actually care about. Gimme a Dragon's Dogma and a Lost Planet reboot!

I still think Capcom would make a great acquisition target for Nintendo.

That's less than HALF of what I paid for the Refurbished Wii U Dev Kit. I'm really hoping they're available to indie devs sooner than later, I want my hands on it asap.

Neoxon

Shame that Capcom's first Switch effort is so tepid. It should have been SFV instead.
Sony has Street Fighter V on lock-down as far as consoles go, so it coming to the Switch is impossible (unless Nintendo slips Sony a fat check). I do believe that Capcom would have opted for SFV on the Switch instead of USFII if Sony didn't have the game on PS4 console exclusivity lock-down, but that's just a gut feeling on my part.

UMvC3 & MvCI on the other hand have a legit chance of coming to the Switch.

They likely couldn't get that one, but not even USFII at launch or something with actual effort. It's only 50% done which is kind of atrocious

Yeah I thought it would be released at launch... It would have been a perfect complement to Zelda for me. I hope they don't waste too much time on this awful Hadoken mini game.

Neoxon

Yeah I thought it would be released at launch... It would have been a perfect complement to Zelda for me. I hope they don't waste too much time on this awful Hadoken mini game.
Agreed. I'd love to have USFII on Day 1 at the cost of the Way of the Hado mode.

I don't think that the price of dev kits is what turned off big publishers from the Wii U. A few thousands of dollars for one is a pocket change for Capcom or EA. Though I can see the benefits for indie developers, I just don't see how this will help bring over big titles on the Switch.

18-Volt

Sounds like Capcom don't have anything serious in development for Switch right now.

Would love all those leaked games to have Switch versions. What are the chances of that?

Caffeine

why buy a dev kit for 50k when you can buy the switch itself for 30k???

rofl idiots

because there is no advanced dev mode and its missing various input and output ports in the commercial model and the hardware is roughly clocked higher/has more ram in a dev kit.

Pinky

Banned
Dear Capcom,

All I ask...

-RE4HD

-Utilize motion tech in joy-cons to replicate pointer controls from Wii Edition

Then, I give you money.

Again.

Gladly.

Thanks!

It took capcom 2 programmers for one month to port their MT engine compared to 4 over two months for the Wii U. That's cheap

They even explained in the interview that they were busy with other games to start a whole new project for the switch, but I expect something from them in the near future

No way a stock underclocked x1 is in this thing.

It isn't. Nvidia gave that much away in their official press release... ;) (BTW, I was someone who told anybody who cared to listen that the Switch wouldn't have Polaris or be "uber-powerful" since the week before EuroGamer published that article in July). I have been meaning to write a more detailed response, but held back because I still don't feel so comfortable on here and elsewhere. The Capcom comments are interesting, because it means we can disregard everything we've read about specs on the rumour mills from certain sites.

Cerium

I wonder what Monster Hunter is being built on. UE4, I suppose.

You're thinking of one of the guys from IGN, I believe. I'm going to be correcting this until the end of days, but Alberto never confirmed the fake controller.

I saw with my own eyes a post where he said it had been "confirmed" to him.

It isn't. Nvidia gave that much away in their official press release... ;) (BTW, I was someone who told anybody who cared to listen that the Switch wouldn't have Polaris or be "uber-powerful" since the week before EuroGamer published that article in July). I have been meaning to write a more detailed response, but held back because I still don't feel so comfortable on here and elsewhere. The Capcom comments are interesting, because it means we can disregard everything we've read about specs on the rumour mills from certain sites.

What does this mean? People here sure love to be vague

Oregano

Was it not just that dev kit photo with an input for a Wii CC?

This one:
img_1029.jpg

beril

It's really cheap.

PS4 is afaik $2500

Wii U...I think something around $5000? but someone correct me if I'm wrong :)

You're very wrong with that Wii U figure.
Nintendo usually has the least expensive devkits, and now they're even cheaper

Top Bottom