• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch eShop now features Best Seller lists for each region

How is I am Setsuna at the bottom of almost every territory? Yeah it released a year earlier and yeah it's expensive, but I think it's right after maybe shovel knight, fast and snake pass in terms of appeal. The only rpg on the system, I would've bought.

They need to decrease the price though, but it's same price on Steam

It's multiplatform, unexceptional, and not inexpensive.

RPG fans waiting for Octopath Traveller and Xenoblade 2.

J@hranimo

Banned
US eShop Bestsellers as of 4/19/17 12:45am EDT:

1. Snipperclips
2. Shovel Knight Treasure Trove
3. Graceful Explosion Machine
4. Fast RMX
5. Mr. Shifty
6. Snake Pass
7. Has Been Heroes
8. Jackbox Party Pack 3
9. Wonderboy: The Dragon's Trap
10: Lego City Undercover
11.The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+
12. 1, 2 Switch
13: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
14. ACA NeoGeo Metal Slug
15. Blaster Master Zero

Chindogg

How is I am Setsuna at the bottom of almost every territory? Yeah it released a year earlier and yeah it's expensive, but I think it's right after maybe shovel knight, fast and snake pass in terms of appeal. The only rpg on the system, I would've bought.

They need to decrease the price though, but it's same price on Steam

I bought it physical for around the same price with shipping on Amazon.jp.

1. Snipperclips
4. Fast RMX
5. Mr. Shifty
6. Snake Pass
7. Has Been Heroes
8. Jackbox Party Pack 3
12. 1, 2 Switch
15. Blaster Master Zero

Wow, I own 9 games on that list.

The Switch is turning into a great little machine very quickly.

Cerium

1. Snipperclips
4. Fast RMX
5. Mr. Shifty
6. Snake Pass
7. Has Been Heroes
8. Jackbox Party Pack 3
12. 1, 2 Switch
15. Blaster Master Zero

Fuck yeah GEM deserves all the sales.

I expect Wonderboy will be climbing the ranks in no time.

ggx2ac

Apparently Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap is number one in France on the eShop, (I haven't checked) so that's the only number one we know yet.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised it's not ranked that high in the US, most Americans never played the original so they wouldn't be affected by nostalgia.

J@hranimo

Banned
Apparently Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap is number one in France on the eShop, (I haven't checked) so that's the only number one we know yet.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised it's not ranked that high in the US, most Americans never played the original so they wouldn't be affected by nostalgia.

Yeah it is in intriguing looking game...I didn't know anything about the Master System until the early 2000s lol. I'll probably grab it after grabbing GEM, which I won't grab until I finish Snake Pass o_O

Cerium

It measures the last 2 weeks, so often it will take a new release time to climb the charts.

GEM wasn't even single digits at first I think.

Audette

The store is eventually going to need a rehaul right? After games drop from the best seller list and they aren't on the newly released page or the new feed they are just gone. Unless you know what your looking for there is no browsing the inventory of this store or am I missing it? Example, say bomberman R which hasn't been in stock in my local area. It's not on any of the switch pages for sale only through directly typing it's name in can you find it on the store to download.

Not a major issues as there are only a couple of items not listed. But still we will have to see a deeper listing of available software eventually right?

The store is eventually going to need a rehaul right? After games drop from the best seller list and they aren't on the newly released page or the new feed they are just gone. Unless you know what your looking for there is no browsing the inventory of this store or am I missing it? Example, say bomberman R which hasn't been in stock in my local area. It's not on any of the switch pages for sale only through directly typing it's name in can you find it on the store to download.

Not a major issues as there are only a couple of items not listed. But still we will have to see a deeper listing of available software eventually right?

I hope they start having 20% off sales or something to get back on the spotlight

J@hranimo

Banned

I would hope so, especially by the holiday. They need to have a lot of these UI changes done by then because a lot of potential buyers will be looking. It's only April and they have time, but you never know with Ninty....

I thought US would be the same as Mexico..but no:

4/19/2017
Mexico bestsellers

1.- ACA Neo Geo Metal Slug 3
2.- Snipperclips
3.- ACA Neo Geo The King of Fighters '98
4.- Fast RMX
5.- ACA Neo Geo Metal Slug
6.-Graceful Explotion Machine (yeah!)
7.- Snake Pass
8.- Lego City Undercover
9.- 1, 2, Switch
10.- Shovel Knight
11.- Wonder Boy (slowly going up)
12.- Mr. Shifty
13.- Blaster Master 0
14.- World of goo
15.- The Binding of Isaac

In case you wonder... Zelda or other games with physical versions MIGHT not be in the top 15 since digital nintendo developed games are way more expensive than retail, specially since Amazon Mexico offers between 20 and 30% discount in certain titles

Cuburt

I think they will need to soon when it's less of a minor issue and multiple games can't be found on any of the pages. The best sellers list was a great addition at a time when the eshop just started really needing it, but with the amount of content growing every week, it's going to be a serious problem eventually if they don't fix it.

IIRC, they haven't had a similar problem since the Wii shop channel where devs would be upset that their games would just drop off featured pages and be really hard to find. It seemed like with the eshop they'd no longer run into those problems since there was various filters and featured pages/collections, but the lack of browsing all the titles in the eshop makes it worse than the Wii Shop Channel in some ways.

I really am shocked they've taken such a step back. I don't care about Switch being barebones right now and if I know of a game I want to get, I'll be able to find it, but the average person that doesn't keep up with all the game releases will not remember a game if it is completely out of sight and I can't think developers are happy about that.

Zedark

Dutch (The Netherlands) chart as of 19-04-2017:

1. Snipperclips
2. Snake Pass
3. FAST RMX
4. Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
5. Lego City: Undercover
6. Graceful Explosion Machine
7. Shovel Knight Treasure Trove
8. Mr. Shifty
9. Has-Been Heroes
10.The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
11. NEOGEO Alpha Mission II
12. NEOGEO Metal Slug
13. I am Setsuna
14. Super Bomberman R
15. World of Goo

Great to see wonderboy rising quickly. Might take a bit longer in some areas because of the slow rollout in some regions. Hoping it stays at the top for a while.

Cerium

Great to see wonderboy rising quickly. Might take a bit longer in some areas because of the slow rollout in some regions. Hoping it stays at the top for a while.

I think it's going to get good word of mouth.

Switch owners should support it. I believe it's the first new multiplatform release that offers complete parity in all respects with the other platforms. And it's a beautiful game to boot.

Shahadan

Wonderboy is number 1 on the french eshop. Being a french game probably helps? I dunno.

In any case, Snake Pass is never leaving the top 3 lmao

Looks like Snipperclips is doing well - it's well deserved.

I played it in co-op with my son on a plane to Tenerife in table top mode on the pull-down tray. Several people commented to me how awesome it was that you could do that. I always play handhelds on plane journeys and this was the first time anyone has ever commented.

ggx2ac

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap just moved up to number 3 in Japan eShop from 4 yesterday.

I read elsewhere it hit number one in the Australian eShop.

So that's Italy, France, Spain and Australia it hit number one now.

That suggests it's doing well in PAL regions.

Luigiv

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap just moved up to number 3 in Japan eShop from 4 yesterday.

I read elsewhere it hit number one in the Australian eShop.

I can confirm this is true. Also, interestingly enough the game is cheaper on the Aus eShop than Aus PSN ($26.00 vs $29.95). Perfect for me since I was planning to get the Switch version anyway.

ggx2ac

I can confirm this is true. Also, interestingly enough the game is cheaper on the Aus eShop than Aus PSN ($26.00 vs $29.95). Perfect for me since I was planning to get the Switch version anyway.

Thanks.

If I could, I would check all regions myself but I don't want my news feed on the Switch OS being spammed with the same stuff in different languages so I have to rely on people in other regions to report.

Anyway, it's great seeing Wonder Boy doing so well.

Cerium

I wonder if Mr. Shifty did well

I think it will probably never recover from the botched launch PR. They had like a window of a few days to address the performance issues and crash bugs, and there's still no patch out. Whatever users who weren't already alienated are moving on.

Who knows, but I certainly lost interest in buying it pretty quickly and I was ready to pick it up at launch.

With Wonder Boy this week, Puyo Puyo Tetris / Mario Kart 8 next week and TumbleSeed the week after, I've moved on.

Tumbleseed looks awesome, the management aspect seems really deep

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Some updates from three different regions (by the way, a part of me would like to make the bi-monthly eShop charts threads again; the console being region free makes it far easier to check different countries at once

Switch eShop Charts - as of May 13th, 2017, 18:48 GMT {2017.04.29 - 2017.05.13}

Italy

01. NBA Playgrounds (Saber Interactive Incorporated)
02. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo)
03. Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Microsoft/Mojang)
04. Kamiko (Circle)
05. Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (DotEmu)
06. ACA NeoGeo: Metal Slug (Hamster)
07. Tumbleseed (aeiowu)
08. ACA NeoGeo: Blazing Star (Hamster)
09. SnipperClips: Cut it out together (Nintendo)
10. ACA NeoGeo: Garou: Mark of the Wolves (Hamster)
11. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
12. ACA NeoGeo: Metal Slug 3 (Hamster)
13. FAST RMX (Shin'en)
14. Puyo Puyo Tetris (SEGA)
15. Snake Pass (Sumo Digital)

US

01. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo)
02. NBA Playgrounds (Saber Interactive Incorporated)
03. Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Microsoft/MOjang)
04. Kamiko (Circle)
05. SnipperClips: Cut it out together! (Nintendo)
06. Puyo Puyo Tetris (SEGA)
07. Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (Yacht Club Games)
08. Tumbleseed (aeiowu)
09. Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (DotEmu)
10. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo)
11. Blaster Master Zero (Inti Creates/Sunsoft)
12. The Jackbox Party Pack 3 (Jackbox Games)
13. FAST RMX (Shin'en)
14. Has Been Heroes (GameTrust Games)
15. The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ (Nicalis)

Japan

01. Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Microsoft/Mojang)
02. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo)
03. SnipperClips: Cut it out together! (Nintendo)
04. Kamiko (Skipmore)
05. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo)
06. 1-2 Switch (Nintendo)
07. Dark Witch Music Episode: Rudymical (Flyhigh Works)
08. ACA NeoGeo: Metal Slug 3 (Hamster)
09. ACA NeoGeo: Blazing Star (Hamster)
10. ACA NeoGeo: The King of Fighters '98 (Hamster)
11. Blaster Master Zero (Inti Creates/Sunsoft)
12. Othello (Arc System Works)
13. Unholy Heights (Petit Depotto)
14. ACA NeoGeo: Metal Slug (Hamster)
15. ACA NeoGeo: Garou: Mark of the Wolves (Hamster)

Looks like Minecraft Switch Edition is doing well. Sad to see Dark Witch Music Episode: Rudymical not chart. It's a good game. Great music. Pretty hard. Cute pixel art.

y-u-no-like_o_275292.jpg

basketball, Japan???????????

Zedark

The Netherlands chart (May 13th):

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
2. Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition
3. NBA Playgrounds
4. Kamiko
5. Snipperclips
6. Wonderboy: The Dragon's Trap
7. Tumbleseed
8. Puyo Puyo Tetris