• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Berseria coming to the west on PlayStation 4 and PC!

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Day 1. Will play Zestiria eventually but Berseria looks like my jam. That one trailer that had a Bloodborne-ish tone? Hnng.

Stuart444

They're not even in the same universe.

Apart from Destiny and the REAL Destiny 2 (similar to X1/X2) and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World and the original Tales of Symphonia. Also Tales of Phantasia is set in the same world as Symphonia though thousands of years apart (4000 I think?)

Apart from that, you're right lol

uhhh...they're all self-contained stories. If you see one, pick it on your platform of your choice and go from there.

I'm with you on Atelier, though. :(

You can play any, the only one you gotta play in order is Xillia and Xillia 2. They are only related by name and some items name. That's it. They're not even in the same universe. They are as far apart as every Final Fantasy (besides the XIII trilogy and X-2)

Thanks, I'll do some research.

Jolkien

Apart from Destiny and the REAL Destiny 2 (similar to X1/X2) and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World and the original Tales of Symphonia. Also Tales of Phantasia is set in the same world as Symphonia though thousands of years apart (4000 I think?)

Apart from that, you're right lol

Totally forgot about Dawn of the new World but can I really be blamed ? :p And Destiny 2 never released in NA or EU, but I was presumptuous assuming the poster was living in these region.

And 4000 years come on that's as loosely connected as it can possibly be. I was trying to lure him in the series. But you are technically correct ;)

Rpgmonkey

If they announce Berseria this soon, they could be releasing this game in Summer or even Spring, not in October like Zestiria which was announced in June (4 months before release).

Zestiria was announced the same day as the Japanese version. They wanted it out earlier but there were various delays.

There's a possibility Berseria's Japanese release date is going to be December 15, 2016 because next year that date lines up well with both Japanese game releases and Tales anniversary stuff. The west could be the first half of 2017.

sora87

I wonder if this will look like a PS2 game still. I've enjoyed the last few games but they really need to step their game up in the presentation department.

Kyougar

Zesty Owners on Steam: Owners: 86,827 ± 6,419.
Should probably get a boost on Wintersale if it will be featured. I expect a Sale over 40% in regards to this Announcement.

Fisico

I wonder if this will look like a PS2 game still. I've enjoyed the last few games but they really need to step their game up in the presentation department.

Don't worry it won't.
talesoftheabyss-5i0x7x.jpg

I'd be cool with a delayed release since it'd mean more time for me to get a PS4. Those are still pretty aggressively expensive over here so I've been living off the odd crossgen release this last year or so.

matmanx1

I'm not happy they haven't evolved much from Xillia now.

I'd much prefer them to go back to the Tales of Graces style battle system (that one was SO MUCH FUN!) but at least they've added in seamless battle transitions and a more open world to the mix. The changes are small but they are making positive progress in some important areas.

Hopefully the PC port will be a full 60fps release this time. That was my only real complaint about Zestria (which thankfully modders fixed).

Renmyra

As long as the equipment skill system from Zestiria is gone, I'm happy.
I hope Go Shiina is on board again too. Some of the best tracks I've heard on that soundtrack.

Mifec

Vesperia skill system was my fav, title stuff from Graces was eh for me but kinda fine too. Xillia "not" spheregrid was almost as good as Vesperia.

Jenny

Banned
I know many had issues with it but I loved Zestiria and every western release Tales game in the west so I'll be getting this day 1 for PS4! So much jrpg goodness next year ^_^

Ascenion

I'd love it if he had the whole OST to himself. His few tracks in ToZ were shining standouts in an ocean of mediocre same old Sakuraba.

It upsets me when people call Sakuraba mediocre. He's just doing what he's told for Tales. Dark Souls 2 and Kid Icarus uprising prove he is far better than that in my mind. If he was allowed to actually compose most would agree.

I am so happy that Bamco has faith in Tales games again. I was kind of worried when Zestiria didn't chart but thankfully that didn't scare them off.

Pejo

Gold Member
Berseria looks fantastic from what I've seen so far. I'll definitely pick it up on PC.

Banned
I'm about 20 hours into Zestiria and while I'm enjoying the armature system and revamped combat I hate the equipment system, especially fusing and boosts and all that other nonsense. Hopefully this game will be different.

Top Bottom