• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria - Details on battle system (Graces-like), characters, and screens

FSLink

Banned
On the restream, a EU community manager (Isshak) commented that: "we're trying our best to have japanese voices"

Yessss, there's a chance.. I like having options, and with new game plus being a fun part of this series, it's always nice to be able to replay the game with a different "sound".

EDIT:
also w.r.t localization: "goal is to keep the western release under 6 months"

Excellent.

XEyImbV.png

Graces/Team Destiny style skits. Hopefully Symphonia style skits are effing gone for good.

Oh god YES!!!

Team S skits style were so horrible and annoying... Team D were just perfection and so beautiful to see.

I hope this marks a new area for Team D skits style for ever <3

Going to have to retire early but they showed some good stuff.

I'm really interested in fusion and if it can be used with the other characters. Because just keeping it to Slay seems really limiting when it should be something available to the other human characters as well.

FSLink

Banned

I'm really interested in fusion and if it can be used with the other characters. Because just keeping it to Slay seems really limiting when it should be something available to the other human characters as well.

I don't see why it wouldn't be. I mean pretty much half the cast are Humans and half the cast are Tenzoku right? Let's just hope it's not like Link Artes in Xillia 1 where some fusions are clearly more developed mechanic wise. :p

demidar

I don't see why it wouldn't be. I mean pretty much half the cast are Humans and half the cast are Tenzoku right? Let's just hope it's not like Link Artes in Xillia 1 where some fusions are clearly more developed mechanic wise. :p

That always seems to be the case. Unfortunate really.

Rpgmonkey

The slide just said "human and Tenzoku", and in the trailer there's some kind of process to transfer some of Slay's powers, so it applies to other human party members too.

FSLink

Banned
I doubt we'll get it.

Same. Though we did get Vesperia First Strike eventually (slightly different circumstance due to us not getting the PS3 version). It'd just be neat promotion wise if they tried to do similar promotions for the English speaking audience.

Oh hey that 3DS game.

I was legit hoping the new character would be an older, muscular guy, and here he is! Now just to hope that Zabiida is playable.

Rpgmonkey

More staff in the trailer.

Producer: Hideo Baba
Directors: Yuuta Hase, Mari Miyata
Scenario Writers: Naoki Yamamoto, Takashi Hasegawa

demidar

The fusion stuff looked pretty cool, wonder if each human character will have 4 different forms because that seems like a lot of work. Then there is also Tenzoku-Tenzoku linking, whatever that entails.

The fusion stuff looked pretty cool, wonder if each human character will have 4 different forms because that seems like a lot of work. Then there is also Tenzoku-Tenzoku linking, whatever that entails.
Most likely each human can pair up with one Tenzoku. (Or only Slay with all 4, but that would really suck.)

Is Tenzoku x Tenzoku a confirmed thing?

Heyt

Banned
Interesting. Probably no henshin though. I guess it'll be like Link artes.

Exactly. Zestiria seems to take the freedom of Gracesm inprove the vasion system and mix it up with Xillia's pairings in a new way.

Think only humans (Slay, Alicia... Zabida?) will get new clothes though.

zeromcd73

Looks so good. Can't wait to play it.

Gonna hold off importing in hopes that they might release a PS4 port for its western release since last gen software sales have dropped like a rock. Does anyone know if this happens often during hardware transitions?

Also Lyla best girl.

Korigama

Gonna hold off importing in hopes that they might release a PS4 port for its western release since last gen software sales have dropped like a rock. Does anyone know if this happens often during hardware transitions?
No, it doesn't (and by that, I mean Japanese developers porting end-of-cycle releases to new hardware). I wouldn't count on anything Tales-related for PS4 until Namco get around to making something with that system in mind specifically.

Heyt

Banned
Maybe Zabiida also gets new appearences when fused... since he looks like
a rival priest...I would even say he's Dezel former pact owner?

Top Bottom