• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria - Details on battle system (Graces-like), characters, and screens

kewlmyc

The game has been described as a "commemorative title" for the 20th Anniversary of the Tales Franchise which would be 2015. It's also the first time a Tales title has been announced for both JP and NA at the same time according to all the postings I've found so far. I can't seem to find any notes on when Vesperia was announced for NA but that game came out in the same month for both the JP and NA versions.

If they didn't have any intentions of releasing both versions close to each other I don't think they would have announced both versions at the same time. They seem to be making more efforts towards placating over-seas fans so I'm hoping the release ends ups pretty close.

They're releasing way too much information for it not to be released this year in Japan. I'm guessing a late 2014 release in Japan.

They need to stop showing more info and screens! I am wetting myself constantly over Zestiria, and Xillia 2 and Hearts isn't even out yet! Great time to be a Tales fan!

Rpgmonkey

I like that most of the visual effects seem to be similar to the rather strong neon effects of Graces. It's the best when you reach the end game and everyone's shooting bright flames, electricity, and lasers everywhere lol.

As for releases, usually major Tales games release 6-10 months from their announcement, with a general pattern depending on when it was announced. Games announced/teased in December tend to be released in August/September (I think Graces is the one recent exception), and games announced from April-June tend to be released in November/December. Zestiria coming out in November or later would be longer than usual, but it's possible.

Heyt

Banned
whoops yeah. I was thinking that the release dates would be like Xillia on June, and Symphonia HD on February. But with Hearts in between those months they will probably try to space it to next year's summer as well...

I wonder if we will get any Go Shiina tracks in Zesteria that are as crazy and out there as this one :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTvPg89TIMI&list=PLB2C52953D8A3946D&index=56

It would be refreshing to see more of Go Shiina's stuff than Sakuraba (basing this on the last few Tales of games). I know he's involved with Zestiria but we don't know just how much involvement he has over the OST.

A few random tracks;

Chasing Shirley
Tomorrow Will Surely Be Sunny
Seeking Victory

Everything from God Eater: Burst (and 2).

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Effects look good. Leila still the best visually. Coming around to Slay but not that much.... They need to show more of the other characters....

Aeana

I'll be calling the main character Threi or Thray in the OT and ain't nothing anybody can do to stop me.

#FightThePower

kewlmyc

I really think this game will have 4 humans and 4 spirits.

I believe there is two more characters left.

That makes sense. That means we have 2 humans left.

It's going to feel weird have 4 characters dedicated to only one element each, especially if weaknesses come into play in battle.

I'll be calling the main character Threi or Thray in the OT and ain't nothing anybody can do to stop me.

#FightThePower

Thray isn't bad, though we might as well be calling him Trey at that point.

#FightThePower

Thray/Threi doesn't even sound like a name, while Slay sounds like it belongs to an 80's action character or a 90's comic hero it's at least something you can consider a name

Soriku

#FightThePower

It's not good to stay in denial.

Though I guess we should wait to see how they localize the name, yeah?

Shojx

Thray/Threi doesn't even sound like a name, while Slay sounds like it belongs to an 80's action character or a 90's comic hero it's at least something you can consider a name

I just think of Slay as in Dragon Slayer, not that he's slaying dragons or anything but yeah, there are dragons there.

Aeana

It is a name, though. Unless you want to tell people named Threi that their name isn't really a name.

I don't actually have a preference for any name, I just hate "Slay" and I think that is a stupid as hell name.

Less an one hour left.

Yes I'm still awake
c3ed7b23.gif

Top Bottom