• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Techradar: Leaked Red Dead sequel map is real, takes place before Redemption

georly

Never played RDR (actually haven't played a rockstar game since san andreas, and even then, only briefly). Will keep my eyes out for this. Everyone loved the first one, so if this can surpass that, i might give it a try.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Has Venom Fox posted in here yet?

giphy.gif

Oh man, I wouldn't want to be the guy who originally leaked this if Rockstar/T2 find out. They take no prisoners.

Really looking forward to seeing this. Its now easily my most anticipated game on the horizon.

meanspartan

A potential E3 surprise ruined?

Ehhhhh.

Who didn't think this was coming really? RDR was super successful, it's been 6 years, Rockstar San Diego has been pretty quiet for all 6 of those years.

If anything, it's overdue.

I live in San Diego and am gonna break down their damn door if this shit doesn't get revealed soon :p But ya, FF7 was an E3 surprise. This, it'd be cool but who would be surprised? I'm just excited to see what it looks like!

When was the last time a Rockstar game has been revealed at an E3? (Not counting Agent lulz)

I'm counting on GAF experts since my memory is shit. Thanks.

dex3108

When was the last time a Rockstar game has been revealed at an E3? (Not counting Agent lulz)

GTA IV if i remember correctly by Peter Moore tattoo. But they did announce next gen version of GTA V at Sony conference two years ago.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

Even though it wasn't really a new game, GTA V on PC/PS4/XB1 was revealed at E3. Before that it was GTA IV.

Please be legit.

I want multi protagonists in Dutchs gang, John is one of them and hearing the game could be set before Redemption gives me hope.

Would be nice if this game tied in to Maffia 3 in some way, what with a city in the latter being on the map of the former and both being TT titles.

"This gang has been around since the days of the Wild West, but now, it's time for Redemption!"

Why? What happened in Red Dead? What happened historically then?

Because the 1910's are the end of the Wild West. Like the absolute end, 1916 is maybe the last year in History you could qualify as the "Wild West"

If they really want to go Western this game should take place between 1850 - 1900

Simo

OP was cool enough to talk more and even tried reaching out to multiple mods for verification but nobody answered back, soooo..it wasn't his fault nobody jumped in to verify him. lol

Just because it takes place before RDR doesn't mean it'd be a prequel for John Marston. RDR didn't continue any of the story or feature characters from Red Dead Revolver and the GTA games have never retained the same protagonist from game to game.

As I mentioned in the map thread, if you take a closer look at the regions they seem to be going for it looks like the southern territories could mimic Louisiana, so it makes me wonder if they'd tackle slavery or the plantations? Maybe Dan Houser was a fan of Django Unchained?

The north of map seems to be like the Dakota territories which for TV folks Deadwood was set up at and of course the Sioux Wars took place in this region and the Black Hills. This becomes a little more interesting now based on this nugget from this quote....
Take this with a grain of salt too...

I have a good friend that is a stuntman living in NYC. Has done work on Daredevil season 2 and Blindspot. He told me he met a guy who said he has been doing some mo-cap work for the game. Also confirmed that the game takes place before RDR and that he was doing mo-cap for a character who is half-Indian half-white. Never stated if he was the main character/characters or not though.

I'm sure we will hear about this game sometime this summer.

The Dakoto territories was where Hugh Glass became a bit of the legend, source for the Leo movie "The Revenant", with the bear attack too. He actually lived with the Sioux at one point when he was captured. Then again he was also a pirate too according to his own self described legend. lol

Foffy

Banned
Nah, I'll just do it here.

I shouldn't have gone in on him so hard, but dude, next time get verified because otherwise it's all hearsay until it's confirmed.

He did say he PM'd a mod, and the thread never did get closed...

No way a mod would leave the thread open that long. Even ModBot would have been used.

Cels

just hope PC gets simultaneous release this time. or at least a shorter wait.

GTAV PS360 - 9/17/13
GTAV PC - 4/14/15

just about 19 months, nbd

ps3ud0

Man Im so happy - RDR was too good, I want more! Dang a proper next gen R* game is something to look forward to - to whom should I throw money at?

ps3ud0 8)

Red Dead 3 has been in development for something like 4-5 years now. Its being announced at either E3 or right before it. Honestly it might be a 2016 game or Spring 2017 at the latest.

Simo

It would be great if they implemented the FPS view option like in current gen GTA V. First person dead-aim with euphoria....GOOD LORD.

holy shit.

How about dual wielding pistols this time too...Can I shoot dodge through door ways like Django with 2 pistols please and thank you?!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
holy shit.

How about dual wielding pistols this time too...Can I shoot dodge through door ways like Django with 2 pistols please and thank you?!

Imagine how much more intense duels would be.

Man FPS mode really needs to be in the game.

Top Bottom