• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Techradar: Leaked Red Dead sequel map is real, takes place before Redemption

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i wonder if John Marston will make an appearance. if so then i wonder if his original VA will return or not. it seems that he has given up on any kind of acting. it would be real weird to have someone else voice John.

Eidan

As far as I remember we still were in the Wild West at the end? Would have been fine by me to continue there. Nothing wrong with prequels in general, unfortunately they are just not my cup if tea.

Didn't the game end on the verge of the 1920's? Nah, they needed to go back in time.

Besides, it's doubtful the game would follow the Marston story anyway.

Way too much water on that map though, what good is that in a game like this? They better let us swim this time around.

I'm guessing that they'll reveal the game via Sony's show.

nOoblet16

They should name it Red dead R-something and keep the RDR acronym for all the games.

Red Dead Revolver
Red Dead Redemption
Red Dead Resurrection (lol)
Red Dead Requisition

Yep, though I guess this takes during John time in Dutch's gang since gangs are a big thing in this one based on rumors.

Would love for this to be the case. Kind of the inner-strife he has with good and evil building up to the point where he gets out of Dutch's gang. I'm sure choices and game decisions could be a factor in the outcome. I'm getting goosebumps thinking about that possibility.

Foffy

Banned
Wait.

This is the third Red Dead.

Red Dead 3demption.

giphy.gif

Simo

Yes! I loved shooting enemies in the kneecaps then walking in slowly to perform the close quarters executions.

Everyone is getting caught up with OMGZ E3!!

But you forget this is R* one boring Thursday afternoon they will drop a trailer and every gamers mind will be blown.

No fancy presentation just a video of the game you have been dreaming of since you finished Redemption and thats it.

Oh yeah! I loved it that sometimes you'd shoot guys and they'd swing their arms up and shoot themselves. lol Or my favorite would be the impact of the bullet pushing them back and collapsing against the environment with their arm hanging over a hitching post, pistol still in hand. It always looked super realistic.

Lime

You make it sound like John Marston wasn't a cool main character.

Yeah and now it's time for someone new. Mexican female cowboy (cowgirl?)? Native American? Escaped African-American cowboy? There are so many possibilities.

Calamity Jane-type of character (non-White or whatever) would be cool as hell

calamity-jane-full.jpg

Loomer

I wonder if they'll do the multiple protagonists like in V, at that point you would literally be playing The Good, The Bad & The Ugly. Hopefully they can do good without The Benz.

Simo

I bet they do show it on the Microsoft stage, and they announce Backwards Compatibility for RDR on the XBO.

Maybe Take 2 shows Mafia III on the Sony stage, exclusive missions or something.

It's funny that when I think both of these games, I remember how much I loved them and how important grass shaders were in the DF comparisons, baha.

I can't wait! Just let it come out on PC for the love of everything. AND NOT ON UWP!

2K has been hyping E3 this year, like they basically haven't in a very long time.

Rockstar will be on stage at E3

Wouldn't surprise me if Rockstar announced Red Dead prior to E3 and then Sony and MS showcase it on their stages with some exclusive bonus, like maybe Xbox One preorders getting the BC of RDR for free that day on E3 or something.

You didn't like RDR?

Tried to finish it a bunch of times, but I never could get through it. GTAIV was the last of their games I finished with that type of gameplay. I doubt I even got halfway through GTAV though they didn't have the FPS mode. I should really stop buying their games hoping for something better lol.

Kremzeek

Has there been any talk about doing a port of RDR for PS4/Bone?

Think it would happen? I would totally double dip just to experience it again.

All hail Mideon

Reveal at E3

Coming fall/christmas '16 Xbone/ps4 , Pc April '17

Pre order 90$/90€/80£/2000CAD$

comes with the remastered edition of RedDeadRedemption

Has there been any talk about doing a port of RDR for PS4/Bone?

Think it would happen? I would totally double dip just to experience it again.
Will never happen. Apparently the code for the game is all sorts of messed up and if anything changes it will all fall apart. Game had problems in development.

Piggus

Guys, this is Rockstar. So unless Sony or MS announce it at their conferences, it's probably not going to be announced at E3. That ain't how R* rolls.

Wouldn't surprise me if Rockstar announced Red Dead prior to E3 and then Sony and MS showcase it on their stages with some exclusive bonus, like maybe Xbox One preorders getting the BC of RDR for free that day on E3 or something.

I could see that.

Either way I'm very confident Rockstar are at E3 this year.

Karak

I wonder if they'll do the multiple protagonists like in V, at that point you would literally be playing The Good, The Bad & The Ugly. Hopefully they can do good without The Benz.

This is exactly what a bunch of us talked about a couple weeks ago in the podcast.
There is a ton that could be done with this kind of setup and I would love to see that kind of thing.

How awesome would it be if they pull a Bethesda and announce it and release it this November? Probably not, but you never know. Bethesda did it.

I can't wait to see how the game looks, i mean GTA V is still a very good looking game and that's cross gen.

Simo

Yeah and now it's time for someone new. Mexican female cowboy (cowgirl?)? Native American? Escaped African-American cowboy? There are so many possibilities.

Calamity Jane-type of character (non-White or whatever) would be cool as hell

calamity-jane-full.jpg

See I'd love a GTAV 3 mains system too because Red Dead Revolver had multiple characters you played as and the potential for different characters and backgrounds like the you even mentioned would be great!

Akiraptor

I really hope the rumors about it having a lot of co-op focus are false. Good single-player games are getting rarer by the day, and I have yet to find good a co-op experience.

Or friends to play them with. :(

Chris1

Apparently Co-op is a huge focus for the next Red Dead, like as in the actual campaign / story
My post a few days ago:

I've thought this for a while but I've always seen heists as nothing more than a testing ground for how coop would work in the real world /be received by the community. Not quite online only like others are saying but in pretty sure RDR 2 or gta 6 will be fully coop with huge focus on coop play

The single player will still be there but i do think it's going to be fully coop. Nor just heists either the whole 3 character system had always screamed coop to me

After heists, 3 char system and GTA online it was obvious thats where they were going. Not sure if it'll be fully coop for RDR2 though considering how long it took heists to come out, but GTA 6? Definitely.

Alexious

Way too much water on that map though, what good is that in a game like this? They better let us swim this time around.

I'm guessing that they'll reveal the game via Sony's show.

Well, there could be a boat. Still, Rockstar this time needs to release it on PC.

After heists, 3 char system and GTA online it was obvious thats where they were going. Not sure if it'll be fully coop for RDR2 though considering how long it took heists to come out, but GTA 6? Definitely.

Pretty sure its gonna have full scale co-op but we'll see. Won't be long now more than likely.

Top Bottom