• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

Tekken Hybrid
UMvC3 (Maybe a DLC character or two will pop up later on)
KoF XIII
Skullgirls
Soul Calibur 5
SFxT

Might fill the void for a little bit.

But I'm biased as all hell now since Aus just got some TTT2 machines. :D

That can't be possible because Gon can't make a return. :(
Although I think Alisa and Dr. B definitely need to have a nice little reunion.
I don't want Gon anyway, especially since he's not even a Tekken character.

I just want all the canon Tekken roster back. (Though one or two versions of Jack would probably suffice, though I wouldn't object to having them all if everyone else was there too.)

Sayah

Tekken Hybrid
UMvC3 (Maybe a DLC character or two will pop up later on)
KoF XIII
Skullgirls
Soul Calibur 5
SFxT

Might fill the void for a little bit.

But I'm biased as all hell now since Aus just got some TTT2 machines. :D

There's also Dead or Alive 5. It actually looks good this time. But alas, all of them combined don't match the hype levels that I have for TTT2.

AAK

Yeah, I think I`m gonna learn SFxT and KOFXIII in the meantime.

Only thing I`m scared of, is the fact that T6 had a huge gap between arcade and console and by the time console release happened, despite the quality of the game the hype was kinda extinguished. Let`s hope that doesn`t happen with TTT2.

Sayah

I'll probably go with SFXTK and KoF as well. UMvC3 still feels like a ripoff since I payed $60 for MvC3 at release and likewise payed for most of the content in it already.

GrayFoxPL

TTT2 minus the Tag system would just be T6.

Look closer to the latter to answer your question.

Not really. Tag has new moves and characters are rebalanced.

Tekken 3ds indeed looks like tag2 without tag
and with Tekken 2 backgrounds :p

Soul Calibur V I will get, but I'm vary because my online experience with 4 has been terrible and not because of lag, but the people. Just pure assholery over the mic. Never heard that amount of assholes in one fighting game. Not even in MK.

KofXIII- Can't get it in my country lol, besides waiting for usb patch.

SFxT - Must get! I will suck though.

I'm getting the hang of Stave in T6 so I think it'll take me until holiday 2012 to get good with him. :D
Really I'm playing T6 the most and online is quite alive.

AdroitOne

Neo Member
TTT2 minus the Tag system would just be T6.

Look closer to the latter to answer your question.

TTT2 has new moves as well. I'm going to get the 3DS version anyway, but if it has the TTT2 moves and properties, that'll be good practice to at least get re-familiar with the characters before TTT2 comes out. In the mean time, I got that new Virtua Fighter 5 that'll be release and SFxT to tie me over :) (Not to mention Xenoblade :D)

GrayFoxPL

TTT2 has new moves as well. I'm going to get the 3DS version anyway, but if it has the TTT2 moves and properties, that'll be good practice to at least get re-familiar with the characters before TTT2 comes out. In the mean time, I got that new Virtua Fighter 5 that'll be release and SFxT to tie me over :) (Not to mention Xenoblade :D)

Oh when is VF5FS out btw?

Sayah

Gamestop has listed Tekken Tag 2 for PS3 and 360.

Also, Tekken 3DS seems to have a boxart now.

tekkenprime3d_box.jpg

GrayFoxPL

^^You could think that Shin kid is in the game.

Maybe he is? 2 jabs = KO. ;P

Look at importance position of characters:

Front row:Lars, Kaz, Jin

Least important row:Mokujin, A.King, Raven lol

Obviously Lili and Sex doll are right above Lars head. Keep the tramp popularity high up Namco!

Doomshine

The only characters I'd like to see return are P. Jack, Dr. B, Kunimitsu and maybe Michelle now that they've changed up Julia a bit.

I really don't understand all the requests for Forest Law, but if they bring him back he should replace Marshall.

GrayFoxPL

The only characters I'd like to see return are P. Jack, Dr. B, Kunimitsu and maybe Michelle now that they've changed up Julia a bit.

I really don't understand all the requests for Forest Law, but if they bring him back he should replace Marshall.

I'd like Forest but completely different then Marshall. Maybe something like:

"After coming out of hospital Forest started secretly training Hapkido knowing he could never surpass his father at Jeet Kune Do. Forest enter The King of Iron Fist Tournament 7 to prove his worth."

Bam!

Throavium

I'd like Forest but completely different then Marshall. Maybe something like:

"After coming out of hospital Forest started secretly training Hapkido knowing he could never surpass his father at Jeet Kune Do. Forest enter The King of Iron Fist Tournament 7 to prove his worth."

Bam!
Win

AAK

If there's anyone that needs changing... it's Christie/Eddy!!!

EDIT: You know what, I'm gonna tell that to Harada right now on Twitter that Christie and Eddy better be unique for TTT2 console.

Throavium

Realistically I know Harada would probably never put Forest in the game, and I am content with Forest just being in the Rustic Asia stage.

CSX

What?! Eddy and Christie are more unique than Panda and Kuma.

Eddy and Christie are different enough, IMO.

---

BTW great matches from UT XIII here...

www.sdtekken.com/?p=563

Doesnt change the fact that people who play eddy/christie or panda/kuma got their work cut out for them in Tag 2 :p

i thought the only difference between the two is that christie has 1mm less reach than eddy

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Doesnt change the fact that people who play eddy/christie or panda/kuma got their work cut out for them in Tag 2 :p

i thought the only difference between the two is that christie has 1mm less reach than eddy

Christie has less reach and different throws than Eddy does.

AAK

What?! Eddy and Christie are more unique than Panda and Kuma.

At the very least, change the animations. Different default throws don't cut it.

A good differentiation IMO would be Michelle and Julia from TTT. i.e.

-Christie would get the current version of b+3,3 and Eddy would get the T4 b+3,3
-Eddy gets the current SS+2,4 and Christie gets the old SS+2,4
-Christie keeps her throw game, Eddy keeps his throw game
-Christie keeps her reach
-Eddy being the more powerful guy, his d/f+2 would always launch, Chrisite's d/f+2 would cause stagger hit and launch only on CH
-Christie gets the current f,f+4; Eddy get the old f,f+4 mixups
-Let christie keep her HSP,3+4; Give Eddy a HSP command that does a Juggle throw transition (like Hwoa,Baek's d/f+3+4)

And so many things like that.

And thanks for directing me to the UTXIII matches! Anakin really beasted Europe and Korea.

At the very least, change the animations. Different default throws don't cut it.

-Christie would get the current version of b+3,3 and Eddy would get the T4 b+3,3
-Eddy being the more powerful guy, his d/f+2 would always launch, Chrisite's d/f+2 would cause stagger hit and launch only on CH
-Let christie keep her HSP,3+4; Give Eddy a HSP command that does a Juggle throw transition (like Hwoa,Baek's d/f+3+4)

And thanks for directing me to the UTXIII matches! Anakin really beasted Europe and Korea.
Full image and source of avatar, please?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

- There is no old SS+2,4. SS+2 used to be the sidestep elbow.
- d/f+2 always launching?! That is insane. He already got a free followup regardless of hit/CH and it is safe vs 98% of the cast

Julia and Michelle had way more of a differentiation (like you mentioned); but they were also completely different characters.

Eddy and Christie have different enough combos and oki as is.

I really miss that Yoshi design. Enough with the wheels on the back, curled toes, child's action figure armor and tentacles, ripped up robes, etc.

Between that pic and the cassic Yoshi PS3 theme I've been using again from TZ, I miss it.

Holy moly, it already difficult chasing these two down and getting in but that d/f+2 for Eddy would just be nasty. Bob T6 nasty. -_-

AAK

- There is no old SS+2,4. SS+2 used to be the sidestep elbow.

What, isn't it changed in Tag2 where it's now a bound move? (Just checks) Yeah, my bad it must be a different move I saw. I noticed a new move in tag where CHreddy does a punch into their f+4 which bounds. I assumed it was SS+2,4.

EDIT: Yeah, it's actually b+1,4. Apologies

- d/f+2 always launching?! That is insane. He already got a free followup regardless of hit/CH and it is safe vs 98% of the cast

Well, of coarse it'll have to be less safe :p

Eddy and Christie have different enough combos and oki as is.

Oki I can agree with, but combo's?

I've been watching some of Kairi's vids i.e.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5NyZNFrJR8&

And both the Eddy and Christie gameplay is pretty much the same. Including the Tag Assault combo's and such. All I'm saying is that it's a waste of possible diversification.

MY PERSONAL WISH FOR CHRISTIE
=========================

-They make her a rhythm based character based on her stance. As she does her Capoera stance/dance, every time she gets into the extreme left or right position of the stance (where one hand is half folded in front her, other hand is completely extended behind her and the same for the legs) she has access to certain special moves that have distinct properties.
-She can do moves normally in between each extreme position of her stance but they won't be as safe/won't do as much damage/animate sluggishly as well.
-The backdashing and forward dashing also correlate with the stance animation so the timings for her moves still carry forward regardless if she's advancing or in a neutral position.
-Likewise the juggles will also have to be done so they're timed with her stance to get those special bound properties/reach/damage.
-The commands from the handspring and relax positions however won't have any rhythm based stipulations so they'll be consistent.

=========================

I don't know if I got the point across but this is what I envisioned everytime I see her stance. It's just a pity that Steve is the only Tekken character that has special properties for core moves by making his 3 and 4 inputs stances. And I think this unique style can really be applied in the Tekken universe.

I know it sounds like a crazy thing to program and implement, and then it also adds extra taxing to the console's processing power by making it keep track of what portion of the stance Christie will be in... but if there's any team in the world that an pull it off, it's the Tekken Team!

Thanks. New mobile wallpaper get.

You're welcome :) And thank you for making me do that search.... while I did that google image search... I came across this:

j83jWFq6Ocxdf.jpg

:O

CSX

its 11:15 pm. im suppose to be studying for a final tomorrow but my mind keeps on thinking "how am i getting to Austin from Houston without a car to play tekken?"

AAK

its 11:15 pm. im suppose to be studying for a final tomorrow but my mind keeps on thinking "how am i getting to Austin from Houston without a car to play tekken?"

You're from Houston??? You live in the same city as the T5.0 and T6BR Evo champions!?? What I'd do to live in a city with more Tekken popularity...

CSX

You're from Houston??? You live in the same city as the T5.0 and T6BR Evo champions!?? What I'd do to live in a city with more Tekken popularity...
I live in the opposite way of where the tekken action is at. 40 min drives in the end = not worth it
Sure it's not thinking about the g-men beating the cowboys? :p

Go Giants.

Dont watch football. All i know is that my friends are going apeshit that the Texans made the playoffs thx to rookie QB

jakeellis01

sorry if this already got mentioned but searched the thread but couldn't find anything....

Anybody else got pissed that you cannot tag with the right analogue stick in TTT2?

Just tried this on Tekken hybrid and apparently there is no way to set this up... you have to swap one of the shoulder buttons which makes my Tekken style unplayable :(

Analog tag is still there in TTT1 on the Tekken Hybrid disk... which makes me a sad panda.... :[

anyone?

lost badly to Michael Murray at WCG :D and didn't sadly have time for a match against Harada. Should have asked him about Forest returning though!

Had a lot of good matches this years Grand Finals. 1st NOBI (jpn) 2nd dejavu (kor) 3rd JDCR (kor) 4th Yuu (jpn)

AAK

sorry if this already got mentioned but searched the thread but couldn't find anything....

Anybody else got pissed that you cannot tag with the right analogue stick in TTT2?

Just tried this on Tekken hybrid and apparently there is no way to set this up... you have to swap one of the shoulder buttons which makes my Tekken style unplayable :(

Analog tag is still there in TTT1 on the Tekken Hybrid disk... which makes me a sad panda.... :[

anyone?

Yeah, I agree they should've included it with Hybrid. I switched to playing on stick and it's usually just R1 I believe. But if I was playing on pad I'd have it mapped to L1 since I use my index and middle finger for the face buttons. But more choice is always better.

I'm sure they'll include it in the final game... or I hope.

lost badly to Michael Murray at WCG :D and didn't sadly have time for a match against Harada. Should have asked him about Forest returning though!

Had a lot of good matches this years Grand Finals. 1st NOBI (jpn) 2nd dejavu (kor) 3rd JDCR (kor) 4th Yuu (jpn)

Nobi destroyed everyone! never expected it to be so one-sided. Not sure what was up, Dejavu just couldn't break any of Nobi's throws.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2KlAu_GhME

Nobi destroyed everyone! never expected it to be so one-sided. Not sure what was up, Dejavu just couldn't break any of Nobi's throws.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2KlAu_GhME

Yeah that final match was quite brutal. Also, JDCR's stick broke down on the semifinals, he had to borrow a stick which might be part of the reason why that match was also a rundown. But Nobi was in a really really good form.

The finnish player Killerdoll also lost all matches due to controller issues and the italian player Sandro was super pissed because he had to do a 3-way tie that was a new rule this year, otherwise he would have been qualified instead of the german player Sephiblack. Sandro seemed to have lost his spirit at that moment and couldn't get his gameface back on :p

Was a really good tournament though, there were atleast four people from Namco present to see the finals :D Had to get this signed...
tekken3.jpg

AAK

YIKES... that sounds crazy. I know it's sponsored by Microsoft so they're required to have the tournament take place on an Xbox, but since it was in Korea, they should've transported a BR machine for the finals and had the USB port for controllers and ball top replacements for the Japanese like how Tekken Crash offered. Damn, that's a pity about JDCR, he definitely looks the strongest out of all the Koreans judging by his Tekken Crash performance.

But just some hiccups, overall seemed like an awesome tournie. JDCR just looked devastated after Deja vu lost, even worse than the loss in the Tekken Crash S8 finals! Everybody had to comfort him... they take the Japan Korea rivalry pretty seriously there.

P.S. And that's an awesome stick! & it's a wonder how pristine the condition is on your T3 PS1 cover! Mine was in pieces 6 months in and had to be put in one of those Disc booklets :p.

Top Bottom