• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Television Displays and Technology Thread: This is a fantasy based on OLED

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Shiiiiiit, my bad fellas. I completely forgot about the ridiculous price of the 77" G6 last year lol.
Yeah, it'll be $20K again most likely.

BumRush

Considering the type of TV we're talking about... that's actually not too bad. I think we can all agree that LG is mastering their panel production to be able to sell them at those prices.

With their new facility coming in 2018 - doubling their OLED production I believe - I think prices will continue to get lower!

BumRush

Did the Samsung stream already passed? Where is everyone getting the info from?

Yes, it was 5-6 eastern.

I got burned by my last Samsung LED purchase (awful clouding and light bleed that started a month after the warranty expired), but these do look nice

#2018OLED

Paragon

It's not a surprise, but I'm very disappointed to see that 3D is dead now.
Since they're still only 150 nits without any ABL in SDR, I'm guessing the removal of 3D is where most or all of the brightness improvements came from this year.
I was tempted to rush out and buy an E6 for 3D support because they're on sale right now, but the possibility of variable refresh rate support is far more important.

It's a shame that Samsung blew it with QLED and that stupid pixel structure.
Too bad that we're not going to get those quantum dot color filters in front of an OLED TV.

I'm very excited about the Sony conference.

BumRush

Did any one see the real OLED MVP? The Panasonic EZ1002. They are claiming double the brightness of conventional OLED panels - IE LG.

http://www.whathifi.com/news/ces-2017-panasonic-unveils-flagship-ez1002-oled-tv

I really REALLY don't buy that number. If they gave a specific "1,000 nits" figure or something to that effect, I'd buy it, but it sounds like marketing speak.

I'm excited for the reviews on this one, but again, uncertainty around HDMI 2.1 support is killing my interest in any 2017 model thus far.

NYR

2 questions. Does the b6 do 3d?

Also, thought i read somewhere the b6 has not gotten its input lag fixed while the c6/e6 have, is that true?
B6 doesn't do 3D, you will need to upgrade to the E6.

The B6 has not gotten the HDR Game Mode while the E6 has. Keep in mind this fix is for HDR gaming, not regular gaming, you need to use game mode for less input lag.

Yes, it was 5-6 eastern.

I got burned by my last Samsung LED purchase (awful clouding and light bleed that started a month after the warranty expired), but these do look nice

#2018OLED

Ah, so...did the tv's look good?

Last sammy I had was the ks8000 and the panel was perfect not bleeding/clouding too bad it had other issues.

What time is the Sony conference starting in EST?

MrJames

Damn, first thing Samsung did when the conference started was apologize for the Note 7.

Todays announcement makes me glad I bought the E6. I've watched quite a few 3D Blu-rays since April and what was announced today would have pushed me towards it. Hopefully, 3D Blu-ray sales are good enough to warrant continued releases.

NYR

holygeesus

Banned
B6 doesn't do 3D, you will need to upgrade to the E6.

The B6 has not gotten the HDR Game Mode while the E6 has. Keep in mind this fix is for HDR gaming, not regular gaming, you need to use game mode for less input lag.

The C6 does 3D and will be lots cheaper.

Anyone here have the new Oppo 4K player?

I use a Xbox One to play my 4K blurays now but i find the disc speed a bit high/loud and would like a player which runs quieter.

Thanks

You know what... I'm not even hyped for it anymore. They'll be using LG's panels on their OLEDs so we know what to expect.

I want to see QLEDs reviews. I hope it is indeed a good technology and not too expensive.

We're too near to announcement time for this type of behavior. You will rehype yourself now

So will the prices on the current available 4k TVs lower soonish, after today? Has that been the case in the past? Idk about anything TV related along with their prices. Looking to maybe get a good 4k TV in the coming months; looking at the Sony 800D and the Samsung KS8000. Probably a long shot for the KS8000, I doubt it will lower that much anytime soon.

ACH1LL3US

LG passing out press releases at the show stating their 2017 Oled sets have 21ms of input lag!!

This is great news! Also LG Stated today that ABL will not kick in if the tv is setup for 150nits or under for sdr which is perfect for a calibrated set :)

Look like they fixed a lot of problems I Had with the c6 I had ( input lag and abl ). Just hoping it doesn't have a piss stain in the middle that the c6 I had and uniformity at near black is improved more.

Link:

https://disqus.com/by/flatpanels/?

Top Bottom