• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale games and Mojang announce MINECRAFT: STORY MODE (stand-alone product)

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
586.gif

9226596831_5e421043c9_o.gif

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I think it is interesting that it is coming to everything but Nintendo platforms. I honestly thought Microsoft would lock Minecraft up and have any new Minecraft related projects be exclusive to PC and Xbox going forward. It is smart on their part to keep it open and widely available.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I can't wait to learn the super deep dark story of how the Ender Dragon came to battle the Minecraft MC, and for my choices to not matter in a game about doing and building whatever you want to do!

TellTale, why did you choose to make Minecraft of all this?

Dusk Golem will remember that

Seanspeed

Banned
Little kids will probably love this.
Yup, which is probably why they're doing it.

That's fine. Not something I'm particularly interested in, although I'll give it a look when it comes out to maybe see if its actually something I might enjoy.

You never know.

I think it is interesting that it is coming to everything but Nintendo platforms. I honestly thought Microsoft would lock Minecraft up and have any new Minecraft related projects be exclusive to PC and Xbox going forward. It is smart on their part to keep it open and widely available.

I think they spent too much money on it to lock it down at this point.

Amir0x

Banned
MORE INFO from Telltale:

As 2014 comes to a close, we are delighted to confirm our partnership with Mojang to create a new episodic game series based on one of the most popular video games in history - Minecraft.

Minecraft: Story Mode will be an all-new narrative-driven game series developed by Telltale in collaboration with Mojang. Set in the world of Minecraft, the series will feature an original story, driven by player choice. It will not be an add-on for Minecraft, but rather a separate stand-alone product that will premiere in 2015 on consoles, computers and mobile devices.

Telltale's game series will mix new characters with familiar themes, in an entirely original Minecraft experience, inspired by the Minecraft community and the game that continues to inspire a generation

Leflus

dat unprecedented Microsoft support on Sony consoles.

Yeah... I'm not sure what to make of this. Will have to see it in action first.

Dunno what's up with all that skepticism. Telltale have never given us a reason to doubt them, and minecraft is just another seal of quality.

Bricky

So, with this and Borderlands, they're basically just picking games based on whether their engine can handle it or not.

mdubs

Banned
As dumb as this sounds they are going to make a ton of money on this, the kids will be eating this up.

Face it, you know they will.

Amir0x

Banned
honestly everyone laughed at Borderlands Telltale games but that game has had a super amazing response.

So maybe we should all wait to see how this turns out before shrugging it off :p

The_Poet

Banned
Sounds like it will be a more light-hearted jokey game, which is fine by me.

Some of jokes in The Walking dead games were great.

They are also not tied down by any form of lore, unlike their other games, cant wait to see what they come up with

Top Bottom