• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terrence Howard is an insane person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I know why he can play emotional unstable so well, it's because he is!!!!!! Holy shit. Dude is complaining about effeminate dudes being successful but his success comes from being an emotional bitch on screen. That's all I know Terrance Howard for.

Terrance Howard explains how he Grows Diamonds

We're gonna replace all the silicon in computers.

The age of steel is gone, diamond is the new steel.

http://thegrio.com/2013/03/04/why-terrence-howard-might-quit-acting-to-grow-diamonds/

“I finished Einstein’s equation, which only works in infinite space. It does not work in confined space, which we live within in the physical factor,” Howard explains. “I found the connection between light and its colors; sight and its sounds; and matter and its shape.”

Ok...

Vorheez

I'm also tempted to have sympathy for him, but then I read the stuff about domestic abuse.
Which probably stems from his mental health issues. I know I'm walking on thin ice here, but where do we draw the line when having sympathy for someone? I feel if the dude needs help, he needs help, and I feel for him in all the same ways. His behaviours are just the operationalization of whatever is going on inside his head.

AJLma

V4LV7am.jpg

*Dead*

KingGondo

Banned
Cuz he has money?
Apparently not:

He smiles back. "You know, all my checks from Fox are being held for garnishment, because of my ex. I'm broke as can be. But my wife, she did well for herself, so she's covered us. This place, she's renting it. I'm suffering. There's nothing worse than being a broke movie star."

---------------
His behaviours are just the operationalization of whatever is going on inside his head.
Nobody here is in a position to say that.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I don't understand why he got replaced in the Iron Man franchise.

I really wish they just CGI'd Don Chedale's face onto his scenes for consistency across all movies. Or at least explain that Rhodes is a code name and the IM1 verison got killed off screen. So Rhodes 2.0 is there to protect Stark and company.

Maximus.

So are people in Hollywood naturally nuts or is there something that we don't know that drives them to be crazy?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Grievances, he's got a few. Just the way it worked out, with him coming off the success of Crash and Hustle & Flow and a Denzel-like career waiting in the wings, he was the first hire and highest-paid actor on Iron Man, $3.5 million, with an additional $5 million waiting if a sequel got made. At this point, he'd heard the producers weren't interested in Robert Downey Jr., because of his past drug problems. But Howard says he told them he'd take a $1 million pay cut if they auditioned Downey and hired him. (Marvel Studios disputes Howard's version of Downey's hiring and the alleged salary cut, saying Howard played no part in getting Downey the job.) "Robert was so thankful and dadadadada," says Howard. Come time to make Iron Man 2, however, the producers went to Howard's agent, told him they were cutting Howard's part down and wanted a salary reduction. As Howard recalls it, his agent said "fuck you" and slammed down the phone. By the next day, Don Cheadle had been hired as his replacement.

"And so," he says, "I called Robby and was like, 'Look, man . . .' Leaving messages with his assistants, called him at least 17 times that day and 21 the next and finally left a message saying, 'Look, man, I need the help that I gave you.' Never heard from him. And guess who got the millions I was supposed to get? He got the whole franchise, so I've actually given him $100 million, which ends up being a $100 million loss for me from me trying to look after somebody, but, you know, to this day I would do the same thing. It's just my nature."

Okay, Terrance. Sure.

liquidtmd

Banned
So are people in Hollywood naturally nuts or is there something that we don't know that drives them to be crazy?

I'd say money and fame drive a person nuts but he says he's broke and Ive only seen one thing with him in, to which he got fired from quicker than the time it takes to cut shapes out of plastic and join them together into various objects meant to demonstrate a revolutionary new one-times-one theory that is actually one plus one.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I have no idea who that is, but yep, utterly crazy. We're told the square root of 2 is 2? Um, no, we're not. We're told (at least by math teachers who are not also insane) that it's an irrational number that rounds down to 1.41.

Guys, I've worked out a way to prove him wrong using his logic:

4 = 2*2 = (1+1)*(1+1) = (1*1) + (1*1) + (1*1) +(1*1) = 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 8.

Unless he believes 4 = 8.

Vorheez

Nobody here is in a position to say that.
What? Why not? It's a true statement. Everything you have ever done in your life is the result of abstract thought, which cannot be measured, being demonstrated in your everyday behaviours.

How do I know you're friendly? Sad? Happy? Angry? I look at your behavior. Friendly people can be more generous, or perhaps smile more frequently? Angry people could be more irritable and tend to yell more? Thoughts and emotions cannot be measured, only the behaviors that indicate an emotion. I will never be able to identify exactly what is going on in your head, but I can always observe your behaviors and have a pretty good guess about what you might be thinking/feeling.

How do we know Terrence is insane? Because of what he says and does. These are behaviors, and they let us know that whatever is going on in his head is not normal. If the things he says in this interview are a result of his madness, then why not the domestic abuse? Why are we drawing a line just because it is frowned upon?

KingGondo

Banned
How do we know Terrence is insane? Because of what he says and does. These are behaviors, and they let us know that whatever is going on in his head is not normal. If the things he says in this interview are a result of his madness, then why not the domestic abuse? Why are we drawing a line just because it is frowned upon?
You're making the connection between his bizarre statements in other areas and his alleged physical abuse of his partners.

Lots of mentally ill people aren't violent and lots of violent people aren't mentally ill. There's no basis for your conclusion.

Slayven

What? Yeah..he's clearly touched. Cheadle better anyway..

So, he pretty much plays himself in Empire just like someone said above. Goddamn.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/12/20/terrence-howard-racist-divorce/

n the docs, Howard notes Michelle is NOT black -- and claims that when she would get upset, she would scream things like, " never wanted to marry a n**ger in the first place" and " definitely didn't want to be the step mother of some n**ger kids."

Never have the special sauce at a party with Thomas Mapother the Fourth.

More realistically, many actors find success in the spotlight because they have big enough personalities for the spotlight to naturally find them. These big personalities have different origins and drives. Some are driven by a huge ego, some by tremendous energy, some have passion, sometimes pain, others by batshit insanity. It's their fuel and a lot of actors have some combination of the above. Long story short, the nature of the job attracts and favors these sorts of people.

Yeah, dude's nuts. I actually saw him once at a grocery store.

I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Wait a minute... if you played Terrance Howard in 1 x 1 basketball, that means there would be... TWO OF YOU PLAYING!

1408.gif

Haha yeah. Now that I think about it. He clearly thought 2 teams were one or something. Thing is, he was dead serious and super adamant. We played his way for a while, nobody scored and Terence was awful. Then we went back to normal teams.

gdt

I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I'm loving this guy right now.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

This is the best story I think I've ever read. Bwahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom