• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The contest for SCP 3000 is underway

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah id like a found footage scp series or a couple mini series showing the goings on at different sites

ive read through them a crap ton know most of the first 2 series by number

Damn son.

...which one is the village that got taken over by plant-life/spore-life/maybe something else that they find them acting out the lives of the things they consumed and then they go into the underground area they find with a river and follow it to like a submerged village with a church and weird stuff like that.

Yeah, this is the one I mentioned earlier. The author mentioned somewhere that the virus is supposed to be Blacklight from Prototype.

It's my favorite SCP by far. Goes to show how much better these are when you actually show what's going on instead of filling it with (DATA EXPUNGED),
, and [REDACTED].

Where do people even get some of the images used for SCP entries WTF

https://www.google.com/search?q=Mar...id-tmobile-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

The guy used to have a website, but I guess it got shut down.

Altazor

Thanks for sharing, I can totally see an SCP series with the antimeme stuff being the series long arc.

Oh yes. But it should have a very talented guy as a showrunner, to do the concept justice - it has to be just the right mix of "this is creepy and mysterious and addictive" and "this is so high-concept my head can't quite wrap around it".

Like if X-Files was run by Glen and Darin Morgan instead of Chris Carter.

dark_chris

Gold Member
Man, Ive been loving this SCP stuff since forever. Im surprised its now at 3000 SCPs.
Would be so awesome for it to be like a tv series.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Someone already posted it but 2935 is one of my favorites.

The stairwell to nowhere is still my number one though. It's just the perfect entry to me. Terrifying, not too long but plenty of details. Leaves enough to the imagination without completely blueballing you. And it's just so well written.

I thought stranger things had a scp feel to it. Made me want a tv series that much more.

Toxi

Banned
The X000 contests are always a goldmine because people who have been writing entries on the site for years try to go big. So all of them are these crazy dramatic world-changing mind-melting revelations and it's awesome.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
This was good, but I'm still trying to understand what happened in SCP-2935? I didn't understand that last entry.

As I interpreted it,
someone from that alternative universe went through their version of the cave into another alternate universe where all life had ended. He returned to his earth, unknowingly carrying some kind of aspect of death with him which killed everything in his earth too. So when our SPC investigates that earth, they are lucky enough to find his recording and not let anyone return and spread that death to our universe.
I didn't explain that well at all but I am in a rush, my bad.

As I interpreted it,
someone from that alternative universe went through their version of the cave into another alternate universe where all life had ended. He returned to his earth, unknowingly carrying some kind of aspect of death with him which killed everything in his earth too. So when our SPC investigates that earth, they are lucky enough to find his recording and not let anyone return and spread that death to our universe.

Holy shit thank you for explaining it that's intense

Nymerio

I'm really into anything that deals with impossible spaces. Like the new entry with the observation tower, the stairway into nowhere or the one where people endlessly fall without a ground. I don't know what it is, but this is also what made House of Leaves so creepy to me.

LakeEarth

NoRéN;232902911 said:
When Day Breaks is damn good. Certainly better than that center of everything crap.
Yeah, that one was hard to follow. It was on purpose, but that didn't make it good or anything.

dark_chris

Gold Member
As I interpreted it,

Goddamn. O.O
This definitely helps explain it

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
2521 is a strange one
A monster that can't be contained, and any information about it can only be given through images. Written word and speech will cause him to appear and steal it. The latter method means he will kidnap (and possibly kill) you.

Toxi

Banned
When Day Breaks is... Fuck. FUCK.

That is seriously one of the scariest things I've read in a looooong time. That ending.

always turns me off when i see anything other then safe euclid keter or neutralized

i used to think that, but i wound up liking entry 2000 that I'm now fine with "thaumiel" too. "curious," "dangerous," "devastating" and "helpful" seem to pretty much cover it and weird words for "super extra apocalyptic the world is basically already over you guys it's so dangerous" don't seem needed.

2718 was godlike. I liked it better than all the others mentioned but I haven't read the aforementioned tower one.

The best SCPs are the ones that you can believe, and 2718 being one you can't disprove is just... Wow

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2718

yeah i like it because it's a concrete example of a
memetic hazard in the form of an idea that would devastate you if you thought it were true
when most things in that category boil down to
promises of magic words wrecking your brain.

and as an added bonus of course, there's no way to prove it isn't true in addition to being a
potentially crippling meme.

Nymerio

As I interpreted it,

It's actually Keller, right? When they go through the containment cells they see his decomposed body and can identify him by his id number.

Toxi

Banned
Anyone else here contributed some SCP entries or tales?

The two I've written aren't very good, but it was fun writing them. I should give this another try in the future and see if I can do better.

SCP-1068: A harmless nuke
SCP-419-J: A trustworthy man

I highly recommend giving SCP writing a shot if you're interested; it's a lot of fun trying to think up something new. Just make sure you get feedback on your work from other people on the site before posting anything.

Anyone else here contributed some SCP entries or tales?

The two I've written aren't very good, but it was fun writing them. I should give this another try in the future and see if I can do better.

SCP-1068: A harmless nuke
SCP-419-J: A trustworthy man

I highly recommend giving SCP writing a shot if you're interested; it's a lot of fun trying to think up something new. Just make sure you get feedback on your work from other people on the site before posting anything.

The trustworthy man entry is pretty humorous. Good stuff man!

dark_chris

Gold Member
Didn't know there was something beyond Keter level.
Apollyon class sounds downright terrifying. @.@
Saw SCP-2317

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The trustworthy man entry is pretty humorous. Good stuff man!

Nigerian prince scams being SCP-related makes too much sense.

Didn't know there was something beyond Keter level.
Apollyon class sounds downright terrifying. @.@
Saw SCP-2317

Keter is basically stuff that has the potential to cause extreme damage to the human population/earth at large. Anything above Keter (like Apollyon) is stuff that threatens like all of existence/space-time as we know it, with no way to recover.

dark_chris

Gold Member
As far as I'm understanding, "when day breaks", the sun's rays is the SCP causing what is happening? And it's
some big biomass?

Toxi

Banned
As far as I'm understanding, "when day breaks", the sun's rays is the SCP causing what is happening? And it's
some big biomass?
Sunlight suddenly causes organisms to melt and merge together while still remaining alive and conscious. Most of the people on Earth are immediately turned. The people in the underground Foundation bunkers are trying to survive. And failing.

dark_chris

Gold Member
Sunlight suddenly causes organisms to melt and merge together while still remaining alive and conscious. Most of the people on Earth are immediately turned. The people in the underground Foundation bunkers are trying to survive. And failing.

That's fucking horrifying.

Altazor

If I'm not mistaken
moonlight also has the same effect.

Scary stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom