• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Crew runs at native 1080p/30fps on both PS4 & Xbox One

crazyprac

Was so hyped for this and driveclub to fix my arcade racing itch when they were first announced but now i'm forever chasing NFS:Underground nostalgia.

What's with racing games capping at 30 FPS? First NFS: Rivals now this.

I'm guessing the next Gran Turismo will look far better graphically and run at 60 fps.

Mesoian

The specs don't even factor in to it. This game needs to get out in the spotlight again because the last time it was shown off, it was looking ROUGH.

It was just a matter of time until the lesser console started dragging down everyone else.

My guess is that someone felt inadequate after AC4.

V-Lance

Banned
This is the future console players will enjoy for another ~8 years. Totally not holding the industry back. Hahaha

And don't even try to blame it all on the Xbone alone.

King_Moc

Banned
Eurgh, that sounds like such bullcrap. There's no reason not to get more performance out of the PC and PS4 versions. Was looking forward to this as well. They're gonna have to impress the hell out of me with this game to get a sale now.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
no ubi, i'm not going to play a racing game at 30fps on my PC if that's what you're getting at.

It was just a matter of time until the lesser console started dragging down everyone else.

consider trading the superfluous comparative for a plural.

No sorry devs. Make the best version for each format.
The games will always be made for the weakest comparable system to save time and money. PS4 owners such as myself just need to prepare to have a system that only first party and exclusives will take advantage of, just like last gen.

This here is fucking bullshit. Fears confirmed. PC should never be held back by parity with consoles. The more powerful console should not be held back by parity to the weaker. Lowest common denominator gaming here we go.

this is troubling. I hope Sony addresses this issue early on while this is just becoming a thing. someone should tweet Yoshida and try and get him to comment on how Sony will address third party publishers gimping PS4 versions of multiplats for "parity".

I gotta admit that the crying over parity which may or may not be because of the X1 makes me laugh now. I mean, this isn't exactly something that's been done before with this kind of scale, so how do any of you know what you're talking about?

Kiyo

Was looking forward to this game. Not anymore. This just shows they're taking the easy way out by not maximizing performance for each platform. Oh well, they've just lost my purchase.

Portugeezer

Ok, now the Xbox One's shit specs are affecting PS4.

Do they just not use the extra power, great fantastic, I bought a PS4 to play games on par with Xbox One quality. /sarcasm

To be honest I am somewhat interested in the game, but this makes me not want to buy it.

Majanew

Banned
The games will always be made for the weakest comparable system to save time and money. PS4 owners such as myself just need to prepare to have a system that only first party and exclusives will take advantage of, just like last gen.

It shouldn't be difficult to get the PS4 version running at 60fps. They already admitted they want parity. Must make MS happy.

NEO0MJ

So? Most of the best arcade racers have been 60 FPS.

You think burnout would be held in such high regard if it was 30 FPS? The answer is no. People wouldn't even know or care who criterion was if they made 30 FPS racers.

If anything, the fact that it's an arcade racer makes 60 FPS an even bigger priority.

pixlexic

Banned
Just my 2 cents but I will never buy another 30 fps racing game. I got lucky that that PC version of Nfs had a work around.

VanWinkle

Thats what you got out of it? To me it sounded more like the PC version being held back by the PS4/XB1.

It's not surprise that PS4 is a good deal more powerful than XB1, and if they're going for parity, that means the PS4 version is being held back. That being said, by extension, PC version is being held back by XB1 version, too.

I gotta admit that the crying over parity which may or may not be because of the X1 makes me laugh now. I mean, this isn't exactly something that's been done before with this kind of scale, so how do any of you know what you're talking about?

If they're going for the same visuals across the board, what do you think they're doing? Catering to the least powerful platform. The XB1 has to run it, and the other versions, which are on objectively more powerful platforms, are therefore being held back by that.

ethomaz

Banned
"really trying to get parity across all versions, so it's something that’s important to us not to branch out and not do individual things for individual platforms."
So one of the version is being craped :(

BTW Need for Speed is 1080p/30fps in both too.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
that’s important to us not to branch out and not do individual things for individual platforms.

So this is how Microsoft's going to "catch up" to PS4's power. Wouldn't suprise me one bit if Microsoft were slipping developers a few bucks to keep the playing field even.

DieH@rd

Banned
DX12 sauce already added?

No, they either intentional gimped the PS4 version with artificial locks or put more details in it. We wont know for sure until closer [or at] release date.

Same happened with Need for Speed Rivals. EA hardwired engine to run at fixed 30fps.

Piggus

Cool, won't buy your game then. I refuse to support devs who force "parity" between systems with a big power gap. Take advantage of the hardware that is given to you for fucks sake.

Nah, some devs allready made a bit of effort. Parity is nonsense.

If they're going for the same visuals across the board, what do you think they're doing? Catering to the least powerful platform. The XB1 has to run it, and the other versions, which are on objectively more powerful platforms, are therefore being held back by that.

There's nothing stopping them from offering a greater-performing version of the game, as others have already done. You don't know that PS4 can handle a 60fps version of the game is what I'm saying.

"really trying to get parity across all versions, so it's something that’s important to us not to branch out and not do individual things for individual platforms."

1283125.gif

VanWinkle

There's nothing stopping them from offering a greater-performing version of the game, as others have already done. You don't know that PS4 can handle a 60fps version of the game is what I'm saying.

I know. They can make the PS4 version look better. But they won't, because they're going for parity. That's the problem. Only a couple of people brought up that PS4 version should be 60fps. I'm not saying that.

Top Bottom