• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division - 15 minutes of new gameplay

I can tell it's a game and not real life based on the screenshot
Cancelled my preorder, unsubscribed from Ubisoft's Youtube channel, unliked their Facebook page, killed John Wick's new dog, and set my house on fire

Tovarisc

I can tell it's a game and not real life based on the screenshot
Cancelled my preorder, unsubscribed from Ubisoft's Youtube channel, unliked their Facebook page, killed John Wick's new dog, and set my house on fire

Yeah better do that all, after that bolded bit it's not like you are going to live that long anyways.

So.....if I was in the alpha do I automatically get into the bEEEE ta? (Dean Hall voice)

EDIT: did not preorder. got into the alpha by signing up at their site back at e3

also, pipsi

So.....if I was in the alpha do I automatically get into the bEEEE ta? (Dean Hall voice)

EDIT: did not preorder. got into the alpha by signing up at their site back at e3

also, pipsi

I'm wondering the same but I did pre order. I haven't received any emails about the beta. I'll be so sad if I don't get beta access. Need some more after the Alpha. Shit was fire.

Smash88

Banned

also, pipsi

I'm wondering the same but I did pre order. I haven't received any emails about the beta. I'll be so sad if I don't get beta access. Need some more after the Alpha. Shit was fire.

If I had access to the Alpha, will I have access to the Beta too?
Yes, players who participated in the Alpha will also have access to the Beta.

Source: https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/9/3502/tom-clancys-the-division-beta-faq/kA030000000tiG8CAI

Check here if you access: https://account-uplay.ubi.com/en-US/beta-access

For the enemies, in PvE that is, is it only human NPC enemies? I'm sorry if this is a really stupid question, but I'm 100% double checking.

Smash88

Banned
For the enemies, in PvE that is, is it only human NPC enemies? I'm sorry if this is a really stupid question, but I'm 100% double checking.

As far as anyone knows it's human NPCs. Unless they have been keeping it top secret that no one knows about or potential future DLC.

Well, there is that part where you open the gate to hell and fight endless waves of demons, but I don't think that has been shown to press yet.

Yes afiak its all human NPC's

catmario

I don't know if it's too late to mention, but I just got an email from Ubisoft support center.
The division Alpha NDA has also lifted.
It's free to discuss about The division Alpha contents, even gameplay videos.
This is an email I've got from ubisoft.

COMMUNICATION HISTORY
Daniel @Ubisoft Support 25/01/2016 @ 09:37
Hello XXXXXXXXXXXX,

My name is Daniel and I will be assisting you with this issue.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you regarding your query about the NDA for The Division Alpha.

I can tell you that the NDA for that event has finished so you are now able to upload any content you recorded at that time. Also regarding the beta beginning at the end of the week this has no NDA so you are able to record / Stream footage as you wish.

Please remember that any videos you upload are still required to follow our policy regarding this which I will provide below.

The following policy applies to:

1.Ubisoft Supplied Trailers & Videos

2.Authorised self-captured and self-edited footage

For Ubisoft Supplied Trailers & Videos: You may run Ubisoft trailers/videos on your YouTube channel, however you are not permitted to claim ownership or commercial rights to these for reasons of copyright as well as YouTube’s current advertising terms and conditions.

For authorised self-captured and self-edited footage: If you capture footage from code approved by Ubisoft and edit your own video content from this, then you may claim ownership of this content as your own original material. However Ubisoft reserves the right to reclaim and remove content that uses still or moving images or sound related to any of our intellectual property at any time, if:

- that video contravenes exclusivity arrangements

- is from unapproved code

- it is deemed inaccurate, offensive, indecent or objectionable for other reasons that may arise from time to time

- a section of the Authorised self-captured and self-edited footage is similar to a Ubisoft Supplied Trailers & Video (in part or entirety). In such a situation, please contact Ubisoft’s communications teams (VideoRights@ubisoft.com) and we will look into the matter.

This guideline for authorised self-captured and self-edited footage does not cover responsibility over additional music, voice-over, effects which remain the channel owner’s responsibility.

For any additional questions, please contact VideoRights@ubisoft.com

I hope this answers any question you may have had, however, please let me know if there is anything else that I can help with.

Kind Regards,
Daniel
Ubisoft Support

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

Even though it is an RPG with spongy enemies, it is still a Tom Clancy game.

I don't see them pulling a Far Cry/Uncharted with a TC game any time soon.

I don't know if it's too late to mention, but I just got an email from Ubisoft support center.
The division Alpha NDA has also lifted.
It's free to discuss about The division Alpha contents, even gameplay videos.
This is an email I've got from ubisoft.

Wait, so people are allowed to upload official PC alpha footage? Wonder why we haven't see any other than those leaks, then.

catmario

Wait, so people are allowed to upload official PC alpha footage? Wonder why we haven't see any other than those leaks, then.

I don't know about PC version, but at least We are allowed to upload or mention about Alpha build for Xbox one. I have asked to Ubisoft Support center about Xbox one build specifically. But I think PC Alpha build is also able to share at the internet.

foxdvd

Question. Are you able to have multiple characters at different levels at one time? Are you able to share loot between your own characters?

catmario

Question. Are you able to have multiple characters at different levels at one time? Are you able to share loot between your own characters?

I never tested this while I was in alpha period, but I think characters will be at different levels. And... I can't answer on second question, because of not testing on generating multiple characters.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Those PC screens got me excited. Gonna look good in 4k.

Indeed. Certain IQ issues at 1080p(almost looks as if its rendering at a lower resolution?). Trees and lines that are negatively affecting the overall image.

Looking forward to this beta, but I have a feeling we won't see the true potential until release. Hopefully some gafers will get some fantastic beta shots for the PC screenshot thread though. Call me spoiled but I just can't even look at those gameplay shots with no attention to what they are framing or the quality of the shot. With any game.

no1dead

Banned
The Beta OT is finished. I hope you guys enjoy it when it goes up. It will be up on Wednesday early morning/afternoon.

Which brings me to the most important part, the thread title. If anyone has any good ideas I'm all ears.

My idea is: Ubisoft Marketing Does Not Play Around. But that may be too obscure for most people?

Anyways let's hear them.

By any chance Smash are you using the graphics I had made?

oti

Banned
So I just got my Beta code from Amazon and redeemed it for the PC one. Can I somehow pre-load the client in advance or something?

I got just now the access key from Uplay for PS4 (Europe), just in case someone wants to know. Downloading right know.

I have another code for PS4 to give away, the first person to ask for it here (no PM) will get it, have in mind I got it from an European store, I don't know if this things are region locked.

TwinPeaksBOB

Neo Member
I got just now the access key from Uplay for PS4 (Europe), just in case someone wants to know. Downloading right know.

I have another code for PS4 to give away, the first person to ask for it here (no PM) will get it, have in mind I got it from an European store, I don't know if this things are region locked.

I will gladely take it :)

Everyone with a EU PSN account can download The Division beta now from the PS Store on the PS4. You can preorder the game without spending any money up front or even needing CC info and then type The Division in search bar and the beta will pop up and be available for download.

M.W.

Everyone with a EU PSN account can download The Division beta now from the PS Store on the PS4. You can preorder the game without spending any money up front or even needing CC info and then type The Division in search bar and the beta will pop up and be available for download.

Well, that's nice.

kriskrosbbk

Did the preorder,downloaded the beta and canceled the preorder.Worked like a gem.
Thanks.

Theorry

Showed up for me indeed.

Log in to uplay on your PC or other suitable device, select your name at the top right, then select Account Information.

You'll then see a BETA ACCESS tab, select SHOW ACCESS KEY.

Use this key on your XB1 through Use A Code and the beta will start to download.
Edit - remember you need an invite code to get your download code. So either you've purchased a beta code or received one as part of a pre-order. I'm not sure how or if alpha players get a code.

Madchad

I assume because i can see The Division beta on my PSN search i will be able to download it once it becomes available ?

I have my PSN linked to my Uplay account but under the beta tab it says i have not got any access to any beta programs.

I do have the email to confirm i have guaranteed access to the beta though...

:s

Bruno

I assume because i can see The Division beta on my PSN search i will be able to download it once it becomes available ?

I have my PSN linked to my Uplay account but under the beta tab it says i have not got any access to any beta programs.

I do have the email to confirm i have guaranteed access to the beta though...

:s

Yes, everyone needs to wait until 48 hours before the beta starts to get access to the pre-load.

Top Bottom