• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The fan of the PS5 can possibly be removed/replaced without loss of warranty

chilichote

I stumbled across this video earlier and in the comments several users say that you can remove/replace the fan without any guarantee.

The fan can be removed without voiding the warranty. Finally a design that makes dust cleaning easy.

I only have a limited knowledge of these things, but it actually seems that you don't have to break a guarantee seal - just remove the white things.

The screws don't appear to be colored either.

Can someone say more about this?

But (i've seen this too late^^):
But the problem is that the engineer removes a cover in his video, which lies over the cable connections.

So you can possibly take it out and clean it, but not swap it, without taking off the cover, which looks stuck.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Nice to finally see some pro consumerism from Sony.

Also, it technically could mean they've noticed many problems with early units lol.

Oh come on... is pushing out “concern” such a second nature that you cannot just give them anything more than a kind of backhanded compliment ;)?

This is the kind of comments that makes some people from DF appear/show as biased: a compliment towards PS5 is always followed by a “but... it could also be actually bad news in disguise”. Meanwhile a comment about XSX/XSS is either glowing with a chance of being even better or it is somber, but ends with a “hope springs eternal” kind of commentary.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Oh come on... is pushing out “concern” such a second nature that you cannot just give them anything more than a kind of backhanded compliment ;)?

This is the kind of comments that makes some people from DF appear/show as biased: a compliment towards PS5 is always followed by a “but... it could also be actually bad news in disguise”. Meanwhile a comment about XSX/XSS is either glowing with a chance of being even better or it is somber, but ends with a “hope springs eternal” kind of commentary.

Why compare me with people on DF? That's not really nice given I'm not that kind of guy

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Why compare me with people on DF? That's not really nice given I'm not that kind of guy

You might not be, I will grant you the benefit of the doubt once more. Still, cannot help it if the pattern of actions does not match what you think of yourself.

Still, sorry if that could have been handled in a nicer manner but was not enough.

Orta

Banned
I think they are asking for trouble allowing owners to dig about inside the ps5. Most should be fine, I daresay most won't ever open up the console but you'll surely get some fuck up who'll do it and decides to stick a screwdriver into a running fan or some dumb shit like that to "see what happens".

Last edited:

chilichote

I think they are asking for trouble allowing owners to dig about inside the ps5. Most should be fine, I daresay most won't ever open up the console but you'll surely get some fuck up who'll do it and decides to stick a screwdriver into a running fan or some dumb shit like that to "see what happens".
If you want, you can do it now on PS4 or XOne; even if it is a little more difficult^^

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
You might not be, I will grant you the benefit of the doubt once more. Still, cannot help it if the pattern of actions does not match what you think of yourself.

Still, sorry if that could have been handled in a nicer manner but was not enough.

I'm always skeptical no matter what I buy. There's a curse over me somehow. I had send my Xbox One controller into Microsoft 18 times for replacements because something wasn't working on them.

My first elite controller began to get the rubber off, and on the second one the coating fell off. My third controller works like a charm though.

Also had problems with lots of other electronics like iPhones, so you'll probably understand why I'm cautiously skeptical.

Oh yeah, my first ps3 controller also didn't work, and on my current ps4 controller doesn't work properly with the left stick. It makes a weird motion.

The ironic thing is I'm very careful with my electronics, cus I fear it gets destroyed.

Last edited:
You can replace everything without voiding the warranty.
Same goes for the the Series X|S

warranty void if removed stickers are not enforcable.

Last edited:
Fan can be removed but you have to remove some sort of sticker which is usually a warranty seal to get at the pin connection to remove

being quiet large these sorts of seals have tamper proof stuff on them but you can order warranty seals off eBay so I’m sure you can get them

I will say one good thing....it looks as though you can get access to the cmos battery with some smaller tools if required as this can be useful to get consoles out of death loops which some ps4s got if firmware upgrades failed

Top Bottom