• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards Nominees being announced [Update: Revealed - In OP]

DJIzana

Whoa,

FgcvUxM.png

Sad when there's only 2 people you see that you like from that list... Reggie and Kojima... Maybe Shawn too but I dunno... he's still new.. but it is so... make that 3. :p

Ogimachi

Developer of the Year

Blizzard Entertainment
Monolith Productions
Nintendo
Telltale Games
Ubisoft Montreal

Jesus. Fuck this award. Can't believe I missed it at first. Probably debated to death already, but I still wanted to say how ridiculous this is.

jackdoe

Developer of the Year

Blizzard Entertainment
Monolith Productions
Nintendo
Telltale Games
Ubisoft Montreal

Jesus. Fuck this award. Can't believe I missed it at first. Probably debated to death already, but I still wanted to say how ridiculous this is.
Haha. I was thinking that the list was pretty solid until I got to the Action Adventure category and saw Assassin's Creed Unity.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
that game of the year line up is such baloney. No Wolfenstein no FC4...

poppycock.

Vibranium

Banned
Developer of the Year

Blizzard Entertainment
Monolith Productions
Nintendo
Telltale Games
Ubisoft Montreal

Couldn't get Yves on the board without nominating Ubi Montreal I guess.

Seriously, Ubisoft needs to give that guy his gold-plated pension and find a CEO with more of an eye for QA and who is willing to not force Uplay as a launcher. And one who has a better grip on PR and managing teams.

that game of the year line up is such baloney. No Wolfenstein no FC4...

poppycock.

Yeah, no Wolfenstein makes me sad. I will keep small hope alive that it wins Best Shooter! :(

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Is it just me or is "The Game Awards" a super low rent name? The oscars aren't called The Movie Awards, the Emmys are not The TV Awards.

It just sounds like shit.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Is it just me or is "The Game Awards" a super low rent name? The oscars aren't called The Movie Awards, the Emmys are not The TV Awards.

It just sounds like shit.

it does sound cheap. flimsy.

but what else is there? interactive Design & Arts award? The IDA's?

redcrayon

Seems sad that the categories they believe are worth looking at is reduced to shooters, RPGs, online experiences (mainly shooters and RPGs), fighting games, sports/racing, action games and indie stuff. So many other genres are still being worked in, just not by the AAA industry any more.

Why can't indie, handheld and mobile games just compete under their own merits, like Bravely Default and Smash? Wouldn't it be easier to just list Transistor under RPG and actually have a platform game category for Shovel Knight or Tropical Freeze etc. Otherwise it seems like the mobile, indie and handheld games are mainly bracketed off as not being able to compete with the AAA titles, which is obviously false when they've also shortlisted several for the genre categories. It would be like just having a single 'best console game' award but genre shortlists for mobile games, but I suppose those developers can't afford to spend thousands on table sales.

It just seems like big games getting a nod for being a big game.

Top Bottom