• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Halo Warthog is in Forza Horizon 3

Next up, one of these mining trucks please :D
knipsel7msv3.png
Ha! That'd be amazing.

I'm thrilled about the Warthog. I especially love the attention to detail for the interior (missed out on Forza 4 and didn't get to do the whole Autovista thing with it), and it seems like such a terrific match for this setting. I had fun with the Chryslus in Forza 6, and this one looks as if it'll actually be practical!

lazerfox

Can't wait to speed through the jungle with it. Off-road physics looked super fun in the gameplay trailers.
People are going to make some awesome screenshots aswell.

Outrun

Haha, Playground and MS did all the hard work, but you can't just go grab Azurik and stick him in Kinectimals. Without, you know, asking someone...[
Or working on the scale, the fiction, providing the original and enhanced assets, textures, audio, audio tuning, music, handling information, approvals on changes to prevent it being the most OP vehicle ever made and so on. 343 calls the shots on any and all uses of the Halo franchised entertainment phenomenon(tm).

Hehe hehe,

Did he just mark his territory?

Caayn

https://abload.de/img/fwhq4shj.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]It only shows 4 wheel turning in the H5 footage of that trailer. During the FH3 footage the warthog shows standard 2 wheel turning.

You can see it here, only the front wheels are turned, the back wheels remain in their position.
[IMG]https://abload.de/img/knipseluksx4.png

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
It only shows 4 wheel turning in the H5 footage of that trailer. During the FH3 footage the warthog shows standard 2 wheel turning.

You can see it here, only the front wheels are turned, the back wheels remain in their position.
knipseluksx4.png

Lame. If it doesn't handle like the Warthog, then I don't know what the point is.

a.wd

Awesome, but I do want some ridiculous OP vehicle action, like out accelerating a buggati and then turning on a dime at 150mph.

In.

Wat? How the hell will this thing be accomodated in Forza Horizon's physics engine?

I kind of love the idea of this, but it will probably be the worst driving experience since ME's Mako.

GlamFM

Banned
Wat? How the hell will this thing be accomodated in Forza Horizon's physics engine?

I kind of love the idea of this, but it will probably be the worst driving experience since ME's Mako.

I assume it will handle just like a normal truck would in Horizon.

Why? If you like Halo enough to want to drive it in the game you probably played one of these games. Don't see the problem here...

It's also hardly too difficult to get access via other means. I don't own an Xbox One or (obviously) any of the specific Halo titles, so a few hours ago I added the MCC to my account at the local library, will pick it up whenever they have it ready for me in the next few days, and bring it to a friend's Xbox One to play it on my Live account for a very little bit.

And that's just to have free access on day one for Horizon 3, it sounds like the whole festival thing in October should give easy access to anybody with even less 'work'.

I own Halo 5 digital and had the MCC but got a refund. I'm not sure I got any achievements on either game lol. I hope I qualify for the free Warty!

AlStrong

Haha, Playground and MS did all the hard work, but you can't just go grab Azurik and stick him in Kinectimals. Without, you know, asking someone...[
Or working on the scale, the fiction, providing the original and enhanced assets, textures, audio, audio tuning, music, handling information, approvals on changes to prevent it being the most OP vehicle ever made and so on. 343 calls the shots on any and all uses of the Halo franchised entertainment phenomenon(tm).

So what's the fiction behind its appearance here (& FM4)? Did Nicole just decide to build one from scratch? :O

Top Bottom