• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Halo Warthog is in Forza Horizon 3

Trup1aya

what about pc players?

Earn it through gameplay like all the other unlockable cars, or play a halo game on someone's console.

You'd think that if someone cared enough about Halo to be interested in this car, they would have found a way to play a game at some point within the last two years.

Lame. If it doesn't handle like the Warthog, then I don't know what the point is.
Kind of a bummer since Turn 10 didn't include the warthog in forza 4 due to not having the 4 wheel steering implemented.

Aren't there real world cars that have this type of steering? Pity that they couldn't license them and create the physics that could also be used for the warthog.

veidi

Is there a 4-wheel steering car in FH3?
Maybe the physics engine isn´t capable of this, anyway I´ll have fun with this beast =D

Bluforce

Is there a 4-wheel steering car in FH3?
Maybe the physics engine isn´t capable of this, anyway I´ll have fun with this beast =D
The top car, Lamborghini Centenario.

"The Centenario's other piece of trick stability tech is its four-wheel-steering system".

:D

Kind of a bummer since Turn 10 didn't include the warthog in forza 4 due to not having the 4 wheel steering implemented.

Aren't there real world cars that have this type of steering? Pity that they couldn't license them and create the physics that could also be used for the warthog.

Apparently the Honda Prelude could do it... not as extreme as the Warthog, but there all the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sldOdWYzW7U

And it's not like they haven't been built... here's a Warthog by WETA that was built to do it (it was used in Halo advertising):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBpkgwOtIvU

EDIT: Here's a better video of it paddock bashing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jydDjf0Bmc0

You get to spend endless threads telling us how much better the games are on PC.
Um OK.

Earn it through gameplay like all the other unlockable cars, or play a halo game on someone's console.

You'd think that if someone cared enough about Halo to be interested in this car, they would have found a way to play a game at some point within the last two years.
I mean I don't have an Xbox One, but I'm interested in this cause it's quirky and really like when games do these kinds of things.

Is the car only available at that one specific time in October if you don't play Halo?

There's literally no need for people to get as annoyed as they are about this. They're genuine questions. If I don't buy the game before the October thing am I shit out of luck in getting this car is all I want to know.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Um OK.

I mean I don't have an Xbox One, but I'm interested in this cause it's quirky and really like when games do these kinds of things.

Is the car only available at that one specific time in October if you don't play Halo?

There's literally no need for people to get as annoyed as they are about this. They're genuine questions. If I don't buy the game before the October thing am I shit out of luck in getting this car is all I want to know.

There's zero reason it won't or can't be available via further challenges, but the scheduled October one is designed for the vast majority of non Halo players who can get it early after the launch.

For real? That's awesome.

Yup, from DF's hands-on with the demo in 2014 (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-hands-on-with-forza-horizon-2-demo):
The anti-aliasing solution is also given a boost over that of Forza 5 via the use of 4x MSAA (multi-sampling anti-aliasing) - a bandwidth-heavy choice that we rarely see in use on console.

Horizon 1 (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-forza-horizon):
Not only is 4x MSAA retained - in line with the replays and time trials of Forza Motorsport 4 - FXAA is added too.

So Horizon 1 had FXAA as well as some kind of intermediate step that cleaned up the motion blur, but to me it also softened the image too much. It seems to be gone in FH2 so the motion blur suffers a bit but the image is cleaner. Thankfully in FH3 PC we'll likely have up to 8xMSAA or simply play at 4K and motion blur is adjustable (hopefully we can increase the samples).

But yeah:
Horizon 1 = 720p30, 4xMSAA + FXAA
Horizon 2 = 1080p30, 4xMSAA
Horizon 3 = Likely the same as H2 on Xbox, anything you can manage on PC.

Any idea when this will show up on the Windows Store btw? There's no trace of it at the moment.
5x5 messaged to folks who've played H5 or MCC.

I don't have a X1 anymore, so that's probably it.
There's zero reason it won't or can't be available via further challenges, but the scheduled October one is designed for the vast majority of non Halo players who can get it early after the launch.

Thanks for the answer, let's hope we can access it in some way or another post-October then!

Wasn't it to do with having exposed suspension parts which weren't visually modelled/animated before Forza 5?

I thought their reasoning was that they only wanted to include cars that they could get real tire data from (remember their constant talks about partnering with Pirelli for FM4?), and that something from 2552 isn't going to behave how they want it to in their engine.

With the improvements in the engine in FH3, and the fact that it's not as realistic physics-wise, they can likely fudge some numbers and just make it "feel" right without caring too much about real data.

M12S-Warthog-CST-in-Rainforest_WM_FH3.jpg

M12S-Warthog-CST_WM_FH3.jpg

M12S-Warthog-CST-Back-Shot_WM_FH3.jpg

Holy Mama Jama. Are these bullshots?

Holy Mama Jama. Are these bullshots?

Most likely not. Still images of Forza games are, from what I've seen, 100% representative of the game's graphics. These ones are extremely clear and sharp which suggests they've been downsampled, but I wouldn't even call that bullshottery since we can do the same on PC this time around.

Most likely not. Still images of Forza games are, from what I've seen, 100% representative of the game's graphics. These ones are extremely clear and sharp which suggests they've been downsampled, but I wouldn't even call that bullshottery since we can do the same on PC this time around.

This has me really excited for the PC version! Wonder how close I can get to these with my 1080 during gameplay?

This has me really excited for the PC version! Wonder how close I can get to these with my 1080 during gameplay?

If Apex + the recommended specs are any basis, you'll be able to match or exceed the quality with that card.

For reference, I can get 90FPS out of Forza Apex at 4K with 4xMSAA (MSAA is virtually unnecessary at that res too) with a single 980Ti. If we factor in that H3 will run slightly worse (more dust, open world, etc) I'd say you can probably see 4K60 from a 1080. If you're comfortable with playing at 30FPS you could probably go beyond the quality of those shots too.

Grisby

For real though, this is pretty cool.

Now if only I could have a Halo radio station where DJ Cortana plays flip music.
Been a Halo player since day 1 but have never realized the Warthog actually has "tusks" in the front.
I want to say it was a while for me too. I think it might have been right before Halo 2 came out or something. Definitely wasn't day 1 though.
Something something wormhole.
But the lore. What does Greg Bear have to say about this?

If Apex + the recommended specs are any basis, you'll be able to match or exceed the quality with that card.

For reference, I can get 90FPS out of Forza Apex at 4K with 4xMSAA (MSAA is virtually unnecessary at that res too) with a single 980Ti. If we factor in that H3 will run slightly worse (more dust, open world, etc) I'd say you can probably see 4K60 from a 1080. If you're comfortable with playing at 30FPS you could probably go beyond the quality of those shots too.

I have Apex downloaded and you just reminded me that I've never tried it on my 1080... I'll get on that lol.

Alright, so next question, I have a set of Pro Pedals but no wheel. With FH3 will I be able to use the pedals while using my controller as a wheel substitute?

Top Bottom