• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iOS Gaming Thread December 2012: Santa touched me somewhere weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0dy77

This is starting to get really annoying. All of these premium priced games finally dropping, I really don't need to buy them but can't resist.

Chrono Trigger, TWEWY, Dodon Pachi Maximum, Stark Trek - Pinball Arcade Table. Plus Baldur's Gate and Vice City. I need a bigger iPhone.

Karish

Anyone play Walking Dead on iPad? Do I have to have each episode installed as I progress? Or can I delete episode 2 now that I'm done with it and move on to 3?

Anyone play Walking Dead on iPad? Do I have to have each episode installed as I progress? Or can I delete episode 2 now that I'm done with it and move on to 3?
The saves carry over your decisions. Otherwise you will get a made up number of decisions until the episode.

Fusebox

Banned
Grabbing, Fieldrunners 2, Karateka and the Infocom suite. Zooooork!

It's an iOS game avalanche. What to buy?? What to play??

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
So, heads up on more free stuff...

For US residents only, our monetization partner Kiip are running a "25 days of Xmas" promotion where every day this month they are pushing premium rewards into a Kiip enabled game or app. This is in addition to the usual stuff you get.

Reward days for our games are

21 Dec - Slam Dunk King
23 Dec - Into the Dead
24 Dec - OREO: Twist, Lick, Dunk

The "day" runs from midnight to midnight EST.

Prizes include

- Assassins Creed III on PS3/360
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II (not sure on platforms)
- Dark Knight Rises DVDs
- The Amazing Spiderman DVDs
- $5 Amazon gift vouchers
- $20 AMC gift vouchers
- $20 Regal Cinemas vouchers
- Kindle Paperwhites
- Nerf guns
- Jawbone JAMBOXs
- SKLZ Pro Mini Basketball Hoops
- The Walking Dead S1 DVD (Into the Dead only)
- "So Now You're A Zombie" guidebook (Into the Dead only)

All you have to do is play (for SDK you want over 1,000 points in a round, for Into the Dead you want to be completing missions or running over 2,000m). The more you play and achieve, the more likely you are to pick up a prize, though you are limited to one prize from the above.

Some pretty cool prizes there I think. You can keep an eye out for each daily app receiving premium rewards at http://www.facebook.com/Kiip

Shaneus

This is starting to get really annoying. All of these premium priced games finally dropping, I really don't need to buy them but can't resist.

Chrono Trigger, TWEWY, Dodon Pachi Maximum, Stark Trek - Pinball Arcade Table. Plus Baldur's Gate and Vice City. I need a bigger iPhone.
You need to update your avatar ;)

GUYS. Which Cave titles are high-def? By that I mean, at least Retina for 4S, if not iPad 3.

I am positively furious that there is no universal app for Final Fantasy Tactics.

Ugh, the incompetence.
Square-Enix on iOS in general is a case study in awful decision-making. It's like they draw names out of a hat to determine what to release next, regardless of what the fans actually want.

Actually, that describes their strategy regardless of platform.

The only ones I need are the HD releases, but $11 each? Hahaha. No.

Cave's primary business is making these games, and they've been doing it for well over a decade. The prices their products command are therefore a direct valuation of the company as a whole; no company is going to drop their flagship product to pennies to the dollar, because that would effectively devalue the company itself as a whole. And fans of the genre don't regard them as the masters of their craft for nothing.

Remember, these games command the equivalent of $80 each on the Xbox 360 in Japan, and they clearly sell well enough that there's still more coming next year.

GUYS. Which Cave titles are high-def? By that I mean, at least Retina for 4S, if not iPad 3.

Only Espgaluda II HD, Dodonpachi Resurrection HD, and maybe Dodonpachi Maximum (and that's sort of a toss-up).

Wow, still no Bug Princess 2 Black Label. That game's never gone on sale and it's quite overpriced at $14 (it's not HD, btw). If they drop it to around $5, I'll buy it. Otherwise, no sale.

I'd have no problems with it being $14 if it came out before Bug Princess 2, so that I didn't buy Bug Princess 2 first.

Pinball Arcade, I love you, but these UI Photoshop jobs....... Please. This is layer effect abuse.

led7T.jpg

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
So FFT is my first final fantasy. Why do all the sprites walk in place? It's very distracting...

It's not a traditional FF. It's a strategy RPG using FF liberties. No walking around, everything is done in cut scenes and turn based strategy battles.

PFD

It's not a traditional FF. It's a strategy RPG using FF liberties. No walking around, everything is done in cut scenes and turn based strategy battles.

I meant the animation while units are standing still, not the gameplay.

Fewer frames of animation to draw, creates a lively sense of activity on what are largely static environments, etc.

Too lively I'd say, lol.

Also, just found out Hunters 2 doesn't support retina on ipad. Looks pixelated as all hell, especially when you zoom out. Great game, but this lack of retina crap needs to stop.

I also played Knights of Pen n Paper a bit. It's really fun, but the jungle is kicking my ass. What exactly is broken in this update apart from weird text bubbles?

PFD

For US residents only, our monetization partner Kiip are running a "25 days of Xmas" promotion where every day this month they are pushing premium rewards into a Kiip enabled game or app. This is in addition to the usual stuff you get.

21 Dec - Slam Dunk King
23 Dec - Into the Dead

Prizes include

- Dark Knight Rises DVDs
- $20 AMC gift vouchers
- Kindle Paperwhites
- Nerf guns
- Jawbone JAMBOXs

All you have to do is play (for SDK you want over 1,000 points in a round, for Into the Dead you want to be completing missions or running over 2,000m). The more you play and achieve, the more likely you are to pick up a prize, though you are limited to one prize from the above.

Some pretty cool prizes there I think. You can keep an eye out for each daily app receiving premium rewards at http://www.facebook.com/Kiip

Cool I won a $1 amazon card on my first game. Do we only get one prize/day?

Flunkie

Banned

21 Dec - Slam Dunk King
23 Dec - Into the Dead

Prizes include

- Dark Knight Rises DVDs
- $20 AMC gift vouchers
- Kindle Paperwhites
- Nerf guns
- Jawbone JAMBOXs

Aw man I got the silly basketball hoop. This is awesome though, it got me back into playing Slam Dunk King (still a genius name).

bonesquad

I was thinking that too, but 2-4 weeks means everyone will be gone for the holidays. Oh well, here's to getting a Kindle on Into the Dead. :)

So how many credit card applications am I going to get by giving them my address? :) I only check my mail like once a week as it is.. Oh well. Free hoops.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon

21 Dec - Slam Dunk King
23 Dec - Into the Dead

Prizes include

- Dark Knight Rises DVDs
- $20 AMC gift vouchers
- Kindle Paperwhites
- Nerf guns
- Jawbone JAMBOXs

Are you suppossed to get a popup or something? Been playing slam dunk king but I don't see anything. I think I am missing something

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Are you suppossed to get a popup or something? Been playing slam dunk king but I don't see anything. I think I am missing something

For Slam Dunk King you either need to level up or get over 1,000 points in Arcade mode in order to get a chance of a reward coming up.

And of course, the special prizes are US only.

nub said:
How many prizes can you win at a time? I won two prizes already (the mini hoop and a $5 gift card).

Hmmm normally you are only supposed to be able to redeem 1 Kiip reward a day. Maybe with this special promotion you can win more? Did you redeem both though?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So what games are we looking forward to next year? On top of my head, we still have Infinity Blade Dungeons, Real Racing 3, Splosion Man, Super Meat Boy, Joe Danger...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So what games are we looking forward to next year? On top of my head, we still have Infinity Blade Dungeons, Real Racing 3, Splosion Man, Super Meat Boy, Joe Danger...

Ghost Recon! -ahahahahaa :(

On a more serious note: Agricola.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom