• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming |Thread4| NOT Doomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
...eh, I don't know. I mean aside from Clash of Heroes (which could only marginally be considered an M&M game) has Ubisoft really done anything with the M&M franchise other than run it into the ground?

*disgruntled HoMM fan*

I for one liked HoMM VI :( And they did Assassin's Creed Recollections, which is a TCG/CCG as well, and they did a great job with it for iOS, so I have high hopes that a game in a similar fashion but for HoMM will be good too.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Where the hell is that Jetpack Joyride update? Been waiting for it all month

I'm also up to 38 hours of gametime, which means I've played this game more than most current gen games, damn

I'm also up to 38 hours of gametime, which means I've played this game more than most current gen games, damn

Isn't the JJ update going to break the game? Everything I've read about the new abilities makes it seem like they're going to make every high-score set to date completely worthless

Utako

Banned
Well, that's just sad...
Both my opinion and grammatical error, it would seem.

Epic Astro Story is a part of that class of games where the grinding is not entertaining, nor requires any skill. It cannot be fulfilling, because the game is largely on autopilot, even the interactive segments, like a QTE that is impossible to lose.

Those who disagree should check out these great games that Zynga makes. They're taking the world by storm!

(I purchased and played through EAS – for ~8 hours straight, puhhhh)

krYlon

I'm glad it wasn't just me. I want to go back and give it another shot, but it made me question if I was the one that was all wrong, considering all the lavish praise Spiderweb RPGs get.

Can't speak for Avadon, but I just started Avernum recently and it is a top tier rpg.
The turn based combat is fantastic, the setting is interesting and judging by the world map, the game seems to be pretty huge.

I am playing on the Mac though, not iPad...

Changing subject, what are people's opinion of The Bard's Tale remake on iPhone? How are the touch screen controls and how is the performance?
And has anyone tried out the port of Defender of the Crown?

blahness

I have it. It is the Amiga version and is wrapped in what looks like an Amiga emulator (doesnt go completely full screen). You control a cursor by touching and moving around the screen and tapping will select what ever the cursor is hovering over. Other than the touch controls, it is just the same old game.

krYlon

I have it. It is the Amiga version and is wrapped in what looks like an Amiga emulator (doesnt go completely full screen). You control a cursor by touching and moving around the screen and tapping will select what ever the cursor is hovering over. Other than the touch controls, it is just the same old game.

Is it buggy? There are quite a few user reviews complaining about bugs. It's the only thing putting me off.

Second jukebeat post of the day - apparently the guys at this forum found a way to unlock the four markers from jubeat copious in jubeat plus without having to connect it to eAmusement. The method also works in jukebeat since the data for the markers was added to what is apparently the shared codebase prior to the latest update. Probably going to wait for a real way to unlock them (I already unlocked them legitimately in jubeat plus but never use them), but it's neat to actually have the option now.

Also, any interest in splitting off the jukebeat/jubeat plus discussion into another thread? If a few pages back was any indication, there seem to be a decent number of people playing the game here...

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Monster Flip promo code giveaway? Monster Flip promo code giveaway!

I have 5. Next 5 to quote this post will claim.

yR0Aa5awOptMy1CvzY9RX0-temp-upload.ajxdkcxl.320x480-75.jpg
yR0Aa5awOptMy1CvzY9RX0-temp-upload.enawtaxq.320x480-75.jpg

Heel

That reminds me, I've been meaning to give my two cents on Monster Flip. Props to PikPok, the polish on this game is amazing. Well worth a pack of gum to anyone who's interested out there in NeoGAF land.

LiffD.jpg

Neo Child

Banned
Holy crap that puzzle game looks sweet. Like really sweet. Those graphics are right adorable, will purchase soooon!

Did anyone buy Starfront... I want to play a 2v2 or Free For All but can't find players. Only for 1v1.

Mrbob

Got dayum, what a way to ruin a page by having a bunch of people quote the same big ass image over and over. Surely there has to be a better method. :p

Got dayum, what a way to ruin a page by having a bunch of people quote the same big ass image over and over. Surely there has to be a better method. :p

Yeah, really... I really should just go ahead and make a jukebeat thread just so updates don't vanish off the latest page within minutes. So far this is doing a great job of ensuring I'll never try Monster Flip, ever.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Who was it that recommended Power of Coin? Not cool, dude. This is the type of game that's only fun if you have infinite coins. This makes me want to bust out the ol' hex editor and give myself an absurd amount of coins, if that's even possible.

I played the Japanese version of this game on my iPad about a year ago, and it was just as disappointing, eventually.

There really should be a separate gifts thread for IOS, and leave this thread for discussion.
I just wish people would stop playing the "quote this giant image first and get the game free!" thing. It clogs up this thread. I don't mind if someone wants to spill out a bunch of codes, but quoting to win is annoying.

ToxicAdam

Don't cheat yourself on Power of Coin. If you keep plugging away at it, eventually you will get powerups that break the game. it's incredibly rewarding.

Flunkie

Banned
Who was it that recommended Power of Coin? Not cool, dude. This is the type of game that's only fun if you have infinite coins. This makes me want to bust out the ol' hex editor and give myself an absurd amount of coins, if that's even possible.

I played the Japanese version of this game on my iPad about a year ago, and it was just as disappointing, eventually.

I just wish people would stop playing the "quote this giant image first and get the game free!" thing. It clogs up this thread. I don't mind if someone wants to spill out a bunch of codes, but quoting to win is annoying.

Well, it is a member of the company who made the game posting, so the giveaway = publicity, and giant images make sure it gets noticed. Meh.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Don't cheat yourself on Power of Coin. If you keep plugging away at it, eventually you will get powerups that break the game. it's incredibly rewarding.
What power ups? Because they let you just buy those, I think. Not that I would, but I am curious.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Can't speak for Avadon, but I just started Avernum recently and it is a top tier rpg.
The turn based combat is fantastic, the setting is interesting and judging by the world map, the game seems to be pretty huge.

I am playing on the Mac though, not iPad...

Changing subject, what are people's opinion of The Bard's Tale remake on iPhone? How are the touch screen controls and how is the performance?
Bard's Tale well worth the price of admission, controls well with touch controls. Will net you some 12-15 hours of gameplay. It's a very solid port of the 2004 console version, looks a little dated with the textures but no real biggie. I've played it on both my 4S and iPad 3, works great on either and it has cloud saves to boot.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok

Not having "giant image" quotes kind of defeats the reciprocal benefit of code giveaways. I'm giving away codes here to promote the game as much as to support GAF.

We have given away hundreds of codes in these threads, and really this is the first time I've seen anyone complain.

low-G

I talked to the developers at PAX, at which time they said 'about a month away'.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Complaining because people are nice enough to give out free codes seems a bit excessive imo, it's not something that happens often enough to say it's clogging up the thread imo, but maybe we should restrict the "quote this post" to actual devs (Like Mario, Milla, Cromulent & co...) and leave "quote to reveal" for giveaways by "normal" members. To post 'em straight away just means lurkers will get them and that usually brings a lot of complaints, and you also can't ask people to commit to reply to tons of PMs asking for codes.
It's not my call to make, but I think it's perfectly fine to post 'em in this thread and definitely welcomed by the majority, I also think it's awesome that so many devs post in this thread.

I think it's only fair to let the game at least shine on one page for a few posts with this kind of rewards, it goes down as a good thing both ways. It never bothered me, quite the opposite, but that's just me.

Just my two cents of course, not some rules to follow.

Dacvak

Not having "giant image" quotes kind of defeats the reciprocal benefit of code giveaways. I'm giving away codes here to promote the game as much as to support GAF.

We have given away hundreds of codes in these threads, and really this is the first time I've seen anyone complain.
I'd just rather see them in a different thread, since this thread moves too fast as it is. I don't think anyone would object if you made a standalone thread about your game featuring giveaways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom