• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Of Us DLC to premier @ PS4 All Access on Spike TV

cebri.one

Well they said they built TLOU engine so it would work on future hardware without having to rebuild it from scratch... soo....

BELIEVE¡¡¡¡

i'm a belieber¡¡¡

Funny-gif-excited-kid-baby-happy.gif

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Oh fuck me. TLoU on PS4 . Fuck. Please. Oh shit. Can't think. Fuck. Happen please

It's the one game I held out on, because of next-gen incoming and limited funds. Make it happen. Please

Moosichu

Wait why is this at a PS4 event!?

OH PLEASE be an upgraded PS4 version, pleaaase. Its technical problems were one of the few big problems I had with the game!

The only technical problem was anti-aliasing. Seriously, it's amazing how much IQ can affect a game. The down sampled Uncharted 3 shots look stunning for example.

If anyone could find them that would be great as I can't anymore :-( .

Dibbz

No way that TLoU is coming to PS4. Just cannot see it happening. Would be sex but I'd rather have a game built from ground up on PS4 by ND.

Amir0x

Banned
The only technical problem was anti-aliasing. Seriously, it's amazing how much IQ can affect a game. The down sampled Uncharted 3 shots look stunning for example.

If anyone could find them that would be great as I can't anymore :-( .

False. It also had issues with the framerate. The framerate was low enough at times to borderline kill it for me.

ND wouldn't have to do much for it to look better. 60 FPS and. 1080p should be a cake walk for that group to pull off. Day 1 for me if true otherwise I'll just have to see my buddy play it since I sold my ps3.

gazele

Banned
No way that TLoU is coming to PS4. Just cannot see it happening. Would be sex but I'd rather have a game built from ground up on PS4 by ND.

Maybe someone else did the port? Would get them familiar with PS4 also, so wouldn't be a complete waste of time

Imtey

Banned
Hype decreased.

If Sony have so little to reveal on a one-hour TV show about the PS4, on the most important night for PS4 since E3, that they have to dip into showing us DLC for a PS3 title...well, this thing may not be much of a show after all.

This is kinda bullshit, IMO. And I'm a fan of TLoU.

Wtf am i reading

dude its a one hour event, trailers are like 2 minutes long max, wtf are you expecting?? Even if one trailer took a 5 min segment that would be 12 different trailers in an hour, if youre expecting megaton after megaton of new exclusives then youre in for a dissapointment

Theres PLENTY of time for other content, u need to calm ur tits m8

JCizzle

I want it to get ported to PS4 because the game's performance really turned me off. I'm not big into zombie/horror games and would have played it because of the rave reviews, but when I booted it up and was met with a constant FPS that felt in the 20s, ewww. No thanks.

However, it won't happen. They'll justify showing it because it's a playstation event by saying "look at the life that's left in the PS3!! We have all this great stuff left to come blah blah blah".

Can't wait,The last of us is the only game that evoked an emotion from me with it's story,
I remember ND interviews prior to the game release where they talked about the current state of storytelling in video games and about using video games as a storytelling medium and my only thought was " even if video games can be used as valid form of storytelling medium you guys are really not up to the task (viewing the uncharted series story as a c-class tongue-in-cheek action plot at it's best) but gosh darn it they've done it,
Neil Druckmann have gone through a tremendous development in his writhing and I cant wait to see what else he as to offer.

I'm guessing this DLC is stand-alone and doesn't require the original disc just like inFamous: Festival of Blood didn't require inFamous 2? Then it makes sense why they'd put it in PS4.
That makes sense. I want that to happen. I loved TLoU, but I already sold my PS3. Getting to play the DLC on the PS4 would rock so much.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
I thoroughly look forward to getting the PS4 in a year/year and a half. Now that I've upgraded my HDD on my PS3, I feel obligated to actually complete my backlog (strange). So by the time I amdone playing the games I have already purchased, I'll be ready to move on to the PS4, and by that time I expect stellar exclusives and games to be out for the system.

Sanke__

I really don't understand why people want ports on the PS4. What reason is there? For a prettier version of a game you already played?

It would be better if the ps4 just had backwards compatibility but since that doesnt seem to be an option, ports of any big games released in the last half of this year would be nice.

I really don't understand why people want ports on the PS4. What reason is there? For a prettier version of a game you already played?
Well yeah, I'd love to have TLoU at 1080p 60fps. Would do the art assets more justice. Plus some people are moving on to the nezt systems, would be nice to continue playing the multiplayer on PS4.

It would be better if the ps4 just had backwards compatibility but since that doesnt seem to be an option, ports of any big games released in the last half of this year would be nice.

But why? If you want to play the game again, can't you just play it on the PS3?

Salex_

There's pretty much 3 groups who want it:
1. 360 owner switching to PS4.
2. Someone who has it on PS3 but wants to play it in 1080p/60 FPS.
3. Someone who wasn't bought it yet but would love to play it on PS4.

sflufan

Banned
You know it will be prefaced by the phrase, "And just so that you know that we're not quite done with the PS3 yet..."

Nibel

Framerate issues, aliasing, texture pop-ins, texture resolution in many areas, flickering shadows, dithering - there is a lot that can be done with better hardware

Especially in multiplayer - some of those framerate drops were crazy and even froze my PS3 from now and then :lol

DC1

Hype decreased.

If Sony have so little to reveal on a one-hour TV show about the PS4, on the most important night for PS4 since E3, that they have to dip into showing us DLC for a PS3 title...well, this thing may not be much of a show after all.

This is kinda bullshit, IMO. And I'm a fan of TLoU.
Party Poopper! Sing it with me..Par.. ;)

With all respect good fellow, Sony has revealed all that they need to over the last 10 months. Any/everything else is pure gravy on grandma's mashed potatoes.

Litghen up, smile and get some rest on Thursday; because Friday's fun begins at 12AM.

They've said it's a new character-- or at least one we haven't met, right? I was hoping for Ish but something taking place far earlier-- towards the beginning of the outbreak maybe-- would suit me just fine. Actually, who am I kidding? Anything TLoU related will suit me just fine.

Also re: potentially double-dipping on a PS4 TLoU re-issue. This is one of the few titles that I would buy again in a heartbeat. I just hope they give us current owners a choice of either buying a physical retail copy or a DD version for a steep discount/upgrade fee and use our PS3 disc as the authentication.

Especially in multiplayer - some of those framerate drops were crazy and even froze my PS3 from now and then :lol

This is probably what I'd be most interested to see optimized for the PS4.

Top Bottom