• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Of Us DLC to premier @ PS4 All Access on Spike TV

Empty

looking forward to seeing it

i think a tlou port is inevitable. i think the ps4 will attract a lot of 360 gamers and for them the last of us is like a new exclusive. this is just more smoke. you don't say hey here's why you really must buy a ps4 also buy a ps3.

Crap, this one stings. Traded my game into Best Buy cause they were giving me $38 for it. It was just part of the transition to Next Gen. It stinks, but I am very excited to see the DLC. I may borrow a copy just to buy the DLC and play it.

UGH.

Because it's not just up-ressing assets. It's re-engineering an engine already designed for the PS3, and doing it for DLC (I wouldn't assume there is a port coming for the PS4).

Sorry I'm a bit of a luddite, but I don't understand this -- If it is an engine already designed from the PS3 and 4, what is the problem?

It'll be justified. You don't waste time showing a PS3 game/DLC at an event that was marketed as a PS4 event.

I'm really into sony still supporting the ps3 with content this late, and am keeping my ps3 hooked up for that reason

but for the ps4 launch night / launch party I want ps4 news and info and celebration

newjeruse

Crap, this one stings. Traded my game into Best Buy cause they were giving me $38 for it. It was just part of the transition to Next Gen. It stinks, but I am very excited to see the DLC. I may borrow a copy just to buy the DLC and play it.

UGH.
I promised my PS3 to my girlfriend, once I got my PS4. Completely forgot about TLoU DLC.

Hype decreased.

If Sony have so little to reveal on a one-hour TV show about the PS4, on the most important night for PS4 since E3, that they have to dip into showing us DLC for a PS3 title...well, this thing may not be much of a show after all.

This is kinda bullshit, IMO. And I'm a fan of TLoU.

Pennywise

Why on Earth would they show DLC for a PS3 game to celebrate the PS4 launch?

Wasn't one of the punchlines see what's coming 2014 and beyond for playstation ?
Of course the main event is the PS4 launch, but a trailer TLOU would be good as well.

GQman2121

Banned
It's my game of the year and I would double dip without hesitation if a PS4 version were announced.

Story DLC is what I've been hoping for though....

Nibel

I think they don't have enough PS4 stuff to cover a whole hour, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was PS3/PSV content as well

I'm not assuming it's already designed for the PS4. It's a completely different architecture than the PS3.

So are PC games from PS3 games right? You still get two different experiences playing Battlefield. Isn't the PS4 meant to have more like mainstream PC hardware anyway?

Boke1879

Hype decreased.

If Sony have so little to reveal on a one-hour TV show about the PS4, on the most important night for PS4 since E3, that they have to dip into showing us DLC for a PS3 title...well, this thing may not be much of a show after all.

I think people really need to calm down. This is honestly the best place for them to announce this and get high exposure for it. I'm hyped for it.

Also Geoff is only starting to tease the announcements today. I highly doubt he'd reveal the biggest thing Sony has to announce this early.

Trust me. My expectations are in check. I'm not expecting megaton after megaton announcement. I think we can expect something a little bit more than TLOU DLC world premiere though.

kaskade

I really don't think there is any chance of it coming to PS4. That said, I would totally buy it again if it did.

zma1013

uyivwvan7u6j.gif

jesse-dancing-funny-breaking-bad.gif

Racer1977

PS3 is dead to me (sorry), and I've yet to play Last of Us, GTA5 or the forthcoming GT6.

So yes, I hope all this good shit comes to PS4, in GOTY editions.

Replicant

I'm guessing this DLC is stand-alone and doesn't require the original disc just like inFamous: Festival of Blood didn't require inFamous 2? Then it makes sense why they'd put it in PS4.

Amir0x

Banned
Wait why is this at a PS4 event!?

OH PLEASE be an upgraded PS4 version, pleaaase. Its technical problems were one of the few big problems I had with the game!

Apoc87

Banned
PS3 is dead to me (sorry), and I've yet to play Last of Us, GTA5 or the forthcoming GT6.

So yes, I hope all this good shit comes to PS4, in GOTY editions.

Just play them on PS3. They are good games and are meant to be enjoyed on the platforms they came out on.

I think people really need to calm down. This is honestly the best place for them to announce this and get high exposure for it. I'm hyped for it.

Also Geoff is only starting to tease the announcements today. I highly doubt he'd reveal the biggest thing Sony has to announce this early.

Trust me. My expectations are in check. I'm not expecting megaton after megaton announcement. I think we can expect something a little bit more than TLOU DLC world premiere though.

Yup. This by far the best place to show it

Nah, that's bullshit.

They can easily hype the DLC for TLoU at all the award shows where TLoU will be one of the favorites for GOTY.

"Oh hey, thanks for the award/nomination...now there's more awesome for you to play." It's way more organic to do it at event like that, or as a tie to events like that, than to shoehorn it in to a one-time-only event where you should be LASER FOCUSED on the PS4.

And don't tell people to calm down like you're a teacher or parent. I'm a grown man, and I'm perfectly calm.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
The first few frames are the most perfect things I've ever seen in my life. It's truly mesmerizing.

Best place for TLoU. Everyone needs to know there's more story than what they sold it back for to Gamestop.

Hype decreased.

Wow, what a leap you've just taken. ND, SSM, MM, and Japan Studio teams are all working on PS4 games that we haven't heard of yet. Just take it easy with this ridiculous conclusion that them showing TLOU dlc is somehow a surefire sign that they have nothing good to show. It's the first thing Keighley is teasing almost surely because it isn't that big of a deal in the show. He's already said, outright, that new PS4 exclusive games will be revealed. Gosh the absurdity.

RibMan

Why on Earth would they show DLC for a PS3 game to celebrate the PS4 launch?

Celebrating the PS4 =/= Ignoring the PS3. The PS3 is still a heavily supported platform that happens to make money with each unit sold. It makes sense for Sony to try and keep it as relevant as possible e.g. announcing dlc for PS3 games, announcing new PS3 games etc.

Splint

I kinda guessed it. People were talking about Last of Us 2.....and I thought.....umm they still have the DLC to make.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Celebrating the PS4 =/= Ignoring the PS3. The PS3 is still a heavily supported platform that happens to make money with each unit sold. It makes sense for Sony to try and keep it as relevant as possible e.g. announcing dlc for PS3 games, announcing new PS3 games etc.

Yeah, but it's a PS4 launch event.

Top Bottom