• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

RoKKeR

Just finished the game for the first time. Loved most of the story, hated the ending.
Wish there was more of a heartwarming scene between Joel and Ellie, they both deserve that type of connection, rather than Ellie having regrets and Joel lying. I was waiting for a big payoff and it never happened.

That's the beauty of the ending my friend. ;)

Give it time to sink in.

Just finished the game for the first time. Loved most of the story, hated the ending.
Wish there was more of a heartwarming scene between Joel and Ellie, they both deserve that type of connection, rather than Ellie having regrets and Joel lying. I was waiting for a big payoff and it never happened.

The whole thing with Ellie
being infected but surviving was cliche enough
, the ending it has was perfect. What you wanted was
typical.

leng jai

30fps is disgusting. They definitely stuffed the implementation up, now way it's supposed to feel that choppy.

The gamma is welly and truly screwed too in that scene everyone is talking about.

Clearly Naughty Dog made the 30 fps much more jiddery than it should be so that they would fool the world and make 60 fps the standard for this console generation.

#conspiracy

I just cleared the area where
Ellie is sniping for me in the financial district
on hard with listen off and I actually feel like I am having an easier time now than I did on normal with listen on during my ps3 run. I am not sure if it is the extra care I am taking since I have to be more aware at all times or if 60 fps plays a factor but I am having a blast!

Definitely going to step up to survivor or even grounded next. I also can't wait to get back home to start some MP.

What an epic game! Maybe my Game of the Generations!

Oh... I thought I can only throw bricks, I didn't know I can melee them, I shiv'd one and tried shooting another but I got bit, so I tried it again and backed myself into a corner so I can't have them sneak up on me, but they ate those bullets and got me anyway, I fair better against humans in this game, I came into this blind thinking it will be like uncharted lol

It's fine, just remember Clickers can't see you and can only locate you by sound, so you can hide from them in plain sight.

30fps is disgusting. They definitely stuffed the implementation up, now way it's supposed to feel that choppy.

The gamma is welly and truly screwed too in that scene everyone is talking about.

30fps feels stuttery because your eyes are used to 60fps. Thankfully our brain can easily be fooled and 30fps will feel smooth in a few minutes or so.

StuBurns

Banned
Maybe the 30fps mode has some strange input polling? Maybe they start on the next frame as soon as the first is drawn, so maybe the first takes 20ms, and they start the next one instantly, but they don't display until 66ms, leaving an uneven polling between each frame. Seems unlikely, but the cap is really horrible if it's actually 30.

antitrop

Game of the Generations!

1wxLRfU.png

Gaz_RB

Yeah 30fps mode is borderline unplayable. I'm not sure what's wrong with it, because I'm fine with 30 fps otherwise.

mstevens

Weird... I got the trophy for finding all the collectibles, but didn't get the trophy for artifacts (thought I got them all but it says I'm missing 3...) jokes, conversations and comic books (all of which I'm missing 1 or 2).

Strange.

With all the comments on 30 fps I'm surprised that digital foundry didn't mention issues with it.

I think people not accustom to switching on the fly and with this being a slow moving game the effect seem worst .
Then again i could be wrong guess time will tell if something wrong with the 30fps mode.

spannicus

Has anyone tried this game via Remote play on ps4?
if so, How is your experience going?

Tried it a few days ago, it was smooth. I had my button set up for L2 aim etc, so you had to aim and fire with the back touch pad. Couldn't bring myself to keep playing because dem grapix look better on my 50"

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
You know a game is really fucking good when on your fifth playthrough you still make time to marathon it and you can't put the controller down. I'm forcing myself to go to bed even though I'm about 40 minutes from the ending because I don't want to rush the last parts.

Well, they recently performed an unreleased epilogue at the One Night Live thing

OBVIOUSLY INCLUDES ENDING SPOILERS

But I think the ending is beautiful just the way it is. DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DON'T WANT THE ENDING SPOILED.

The bottom line is that Joel and Ellie need each other. Yes, Joel has essentially doomed humanity and becomes the antihero (hell, he's been one the entire game) for the sake of saving Ellie. This is Joel's redemption for failing to save Sarah. This is his second chance, and he can't let either Ellie or Sarah go. This is ND's way of truly showing that.

On the other hand, Ellie doesn't want to be alone. Joel is pretty much the only person who has been with her through thick and thin, and she she trusts him. Now, I don't know if this means that she believes his lie, and I like the way that was left ambiguous. Survivor's guilt is a very real thing, and it's understandable that she would feel that way, but I think that there's more to it in this case.

In my head, I like to think that Ellie knows that he's lying. But she doesn't have a choice; she needs him, and he needs her. That idea is pretty much the core of the entire story, so I think it's a pretty fitting end to an incredible tale.

Oh God no its
hotel generator
time whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :(
Yeah that's one of the parts I'm dreading a bit, saved right before that section and been hitting up the multiplayer instead. I'm too scared to attempt it right now and don't really feel lile getting frustrated.

Edit: also, cross post from the MP thread but this gets more views so maybe someone in here will know the answer: So how exactly do we get the multiplayer add-ons if we had the PS3 season pass? The ones I'm interested in all show as purchased via the in-game DLC option or the my add-ons feature of the PS4 but has no option to download them and they still show as locked in game. In fact, when looking at the my add-ons list they all show up as installed, but I know I've never downloaded them and I can not use them in multiplayer. Sorry if it's been answered already, I'm sure I must be missing something obvious.

Gaz_RB

Yeah that's one of the parts I'm dreading a bit, saved right before that section and been hitting up the multiplayer instead. I'm too scared to attempt it right now and don't really feel lile getting frustrated.

Edit: also, cross post from the MP thread but this gets more views so maybe someone in here will know the answer: So how exactly do we get the multiplayer add-ons if we had the PS3 season pass? The ones I'm interested in all show as purchased via the in-game DLC option or the my add-ons feature of the PS4 but has no option to download them and they still show as locked in game. In fact, when looking at the my add-ons list they all show up as installed, but I know I've never downloaded them and I can not use them in multiplayer. Sorry if it's been answered already, I'm sure I must be missing something obvious.

Restart your PS4

antitrop

I played it again a few months ago, and even though I actually
found the swipe card ahead of time, I still actually screamed IRL as I sprinted to the door.

How it happened for me this time was
I was scavenging, and then picked up the keycard by accident, triggering all the infected, then I ran around in circles and was able to make it to the generator and power it up JUST before the infected got to me, then I made a MAD DASH for the door. Never even saw the bloater, but I heard one of its spore grenades land right behind me.

Just can't stop playing this game.

Spazznid

I was scavenging, and then picked up the keycard by accident, triggering all the infected, then I ran around in circles and was able to make it to the generator and power it up JUST before the infected got to me, then I made a MAD DASH for the door. Never even saw the bloater, but I heard one of its spore grenades land right behind me.

I killed everything... I seem to do that a lot... What is wrong with me..?

mstevens

Noooooo the one comic I'm missing is after the
generator in the hotel basement
, which means I have to do that again. Ugh.

keuja

I killed everything... I seem to do that a lot... What is wrong with me..?

Same in my first playthrough. I couldn't find the damn exit door so I had to slaughter everyone wasting my precious few molotovs... Felt good to have purged the place though.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I really love this game but the combat feels kind of arbitrary to me. I know its not, but I'm having trouble coming into my own. I'll do some incredible stealth stuff and then out of nowhere an enemy off camera will see me. And if its a clicker it instantly just yanks all control away from me and plays a death animation. I'm an experienced operator and the combat feels clunky to me. The animations are frighteningly powerful but not at all tactile. I really, really like the experience overall but I'm repeating waaaaaay too many encounters.

Hang on, hang on

I only found the key card after I'd killed everyone (took 10 tries). Are you saying you trigger the infected the second you pick up the card and THEN have to start the generator? That sounds way harder.

milkham

Hang on, hang on

I only found the key card after I'd killed everyone (took 10 tries). Are you saying you trigger the infected the second you pick up the card and THEN have to start the generator? That sounds way harder.

when you grab the keycard you trigger 4 stalkers, you can finish them before starting the generator. if you turn around RIGHT when you pick it up you can see one. I usually stand in the room with the keycard and wait for them to come to me, once all 4 are dead i start the generator, wait a little bit so the bloater has time to move away from the door then run for it.

Oublieux

Hang on, hang on

Unless they changed something in the other difficulties, I think that's incorrect.
I distinctly remember picking up the key card with no problems, starting the generator--which triggered the infected--and then running like mad.

Edit: Looks like the above poster knows more about it in detail :O

Hang on, hang on

I don't think that's how it worked. I passed that area today and how it went down for me was:
I went to the door, got the notification that I need a key card. Started heading back to find it and about 6 stalkers spawned. Got rid of them, picked up the key, went down to the generator and then started it up. Once you start it up, you hear the scream of the infected. The moment I started the generator up, I sprinted straight to the door. The bloater actually gave me a pop up scare as he spawned right by the key door. The moment I went through the door, he threw one of his grenades at me but I made it through without any confrontation or damage.

Top Bottom