• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us - Review Thread [Emargo up, scores in OP.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psykotik

I pre-ordered on PSN as well but I can't for the life of me find where to initiate the preload lol.

sorry guys, you can only preload the game if it's the asian version it seems!

yMp.jpg

Didn't know you could pre-load, that's cool.

Though for consoles I like to go retail, for some reason I don't like cluttering console HDDs. Plus I cheaped out on buying a PS3 again and only got the 12GB model of the super slim basically just for this game,so it's not even enough space for DD lol. I will upgrade it later if I get more games on PSN

Any install required for the disc version?

kurbaan

Banned
If the game is ready and being shipped to store. Available online they should just RELEASE THE DAMN THING. Before E3 spoils everything.

The_Monk

Well that sucks

TLOU is a 24GB download right? And we can start playing after it downloads halfway?

So any estimates on how long it takes to download 12GB?

It depends on your internet connection fellow GAFfer.

Took me one hour to download Kingdoms of Amalur which was 14GB, there was some discussion on the PS Plus thread regarding Download Speeds. Among other things, it's best if your PS3 is wired instead of using wireless.

LuuKyK

Yeah, I am not downloading 35 GB with my shitty internet. Hopefully it doesnt take forever to find a copy in my country, but to be fair Sony has been pretty fast with bringing exclusives here at least.

live stream chat ...you can turn that shit off on twitch.

100% sure some assholes want to spoil everything.

Ah. Well I never read that shit anyway. It either moves too fast, says completely obvious stuff you already know or repeats what just happened on screen lol

Though that's being said as someone who never partakes in said chat sessions. I stick to forums for that stuff.

Didn't know you could pre-load, that's cool.

Though for consoles I like to go retail, for some reason I don't like cluttering console HDDs. Plus I cheaped out on buying a PS3 again and only got the 12GB model of the super slim basically just for this game,so it's not even enough space for DD lol. I will upgrade it later if I get more games on PSN

Any install required for the disc version?

Nope.

It depends on your internet connection fellow GAFfer.

Took me one hour to download Kingdoms of Amalur which was 14GB, there was some discussion on the PS Plus thread regarding Download Speeds. Among other things, it's best if your PS3 is wired instead of using wireless.

14GB in an hour?? :/ My internet even on my PC rig takes an hour to download 1GB. I fucking hate my internet

Awesome thanks :) I figured there wouldn't be cos Uncharted never did.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone tell me how heavy this is on the multiplayer trophies?

Pachimari

But people, we also have to be careful not to hype I to some second coming. It is a phenomenal game with the best acting ever performed in a game by all characters.

I still think there's a bit too many scenarios with you against a bunch of dudes in an area and even though you have lots of opportunities, something is itching me. Because for a large portion of the game it feels like cinematic>loot>sandbox repeat again and again until later in the game.

It's probably still a 10/10 in my book but I'm also considering a 9/10.

And to the guy asking, there's no explanation to enemies not noticing Ellie - it's a pure design choice.

I'm gonna start on Survival no LM tonigh or tomorrow.

Morue

Okay so I really tried but I couldn't resist anymore. I watched the first 20 minutes and holy hell, this is amazing!! If the rest of the game is as good as that, then it will probably take Uncharted 2's place and become my favourite game this gen...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
But people, we also have to be careful not to hype I to some second coming. It is a phenomenal game with the best acting ever performed in a game by all characters.

I still think there's a bit too many scenarios with you against a bunch of dudes in an area and even though you have lots of opportunities, something is itching me. Because for a large portion of the game it feels like cinematic>loot>sandbox repeat again and again until later in the game.

It's probably still a 10/10 in my book but I'm also considering a 9/10.

And to the guy asking, there's no explanation to enemies not noticing Ellie - it's a pure design choice.

*pre-order canceled*

Sn4ke_911

How many copies did you pre-order? You've cancelled it now a bunch of times. :lol:

Yeah i know, some positive quotes always pulled me back in but not this time ... IT IS OVER
TESS!

Pachimari

So how's that an issue?
It's not an issue. Some might like it, others won't. I know that I got drained sometimes by the thought of more guys again. But it's fine, it's not really a complaint and it can be argued that these encounters are the foundation of the game.

Pachimari

By the way, there were 3 great moments in the game to me: the opening, a segment of the game that will instantly surprise you and a in-game scene of seconds that I have never seen in any game before it.

kasane

By the way, there were 3 great moments in the game to me: the opening, a segment of the game that will instantly surprise you and a in-game scene of seconds that I have never seen in any game before it.

Goddamn opening. Opening this opening that. Gimme the game nao :((

badb0y

Hey guys,

Anyone watch "Address the Sess"? The Last of Us came us and someone asked about the violence and Sessler said:
Zach Meier when he played it, when we were working on it together for the review, um, he just got in his car and drove around San Francisco....It really is an affecting game I do not recommend rushing through it.....It, it gets under your skin. It's something else...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=srsCGtDVC4I#t=4101s

Sn4ke_911

The Last of Us: A love letter to Naughty Dog

Just summed up my thoughts on it here. After eight years, I now have a game worthy of taking over my 'my favorite game ever' mantle from Metal Gear Solid 3. It's truly special.

Note: there aren't no spoilers in it, so you can read it without fear.

above JehutyRunner posted his love letter to Naughty Dog, that was their response.

2013-06-0822_24_45-netgxjw.png

I love you Neil and Ashley, oh man i love ND so much.

Madridy

Wow. Naughty Dog outdid themselves with this one! (note: I consider Uncharted 2 to be one of the best games this gen)

This game now is a candidate to be my game of the gen alongside Dark Souls and SMG 2 and I've yet to try the multiplayer mode too.

One thing though, I wish that I've started on hard rather than normal. I didn't change the difficulty at the beginning because I was struggling at first with the combat system and the quick thinking you have to do in tight situations, but half way through when I've really got a grip on the combat and learned some tricks it became kinda easy. especially with my stealth play-style were I conserve my resources for the hard fights and then these fights became a walk in the park. Also I hoped for more types of enemies, but that just me nitpicking. :p

Also what a fucking great performance by the cast, absolutely amazing. I really thought that Bioshock's Elizabeth to one of the best game characters and companions ever, but Ellie trounces her in every way imaginable imo.

Shit, I really want to start NG+ but I have to go to work in 6 hours... better get some sleep.

Koralsky

As you play this game I really recommend taking the time to thoroughly examine the environment. Not just because resources are scarce and you're going to need every damn bullet you can find, but because the amount of non-repetitive background detail is just staggering. There are whole stories told through incidental environmental detail that are both compelling and heartbreaking.

Yep, absolutely. Of course, they reuse some of the elements (even the one from Uncharted 2 & 3), but overall, the whole game is one huge painting.

Loudninja

Wow. Naughty Dog outdid themselves with this one! (note: I consider Uncharted 2 to be one of the best games this gen)

This game now is a candidate to be my game of the gen alongside Dark Souls and SMG 2 and I've yet to try the multiplayer mode too.

One thing though, I wish that I've started on hard rather than normal. I didn't change the difficulty at the beginning because I was struggling at first with the combat system and the quick thinking you have to do in tight situations, but half way through when I've really got a grip on the combat and learned some tricks it became kinda easy. especially with my stealth play-style were I conserve my resources for the hard fights and then these fights became a walk in the park. Also I hoped for more types of enemies, but that just me nitpicking. :p

Also what a fucking great performance by the cast, absolutely amazing. I really thought that Bioshock's Elizabeth to one of the best game characters and companions ever, but Ellie trounces her in every way imaginable imo.

Shit, I really want to start NG+ but I have to go to work in 6 hours... better get some sleep.
Awesome!

Took you 18 hours or normal that's great.

I'm gonna be starting a Let's Play for the game too all going well when it releases (Part of the reason why I badly want it earlier). My channel is still pretty small though and I'm hoping this game can change things a bit

I've been asking around for advice about how to go about the commentary and would love to hear you guys' opinions on it. I know a lot of people hate let's plays but if you watch them what do you like to see in them?

Some stuff I've already taken on board is to be myself and not force anything and also to not talk when important stuff is happening like cutscenes etc.

katkombat

Banned
Well, the store that I called literally yesterday said I can't preorder the Survival Edition now, so basically they disregarded every question I had during my phone call it seems. I asked: it appears its sold out nationwide, is that so? They said no. So you will for sure not run out if I preorder tomorrow? No sir, we will order as many as we have to.

Well today they said it indeed WAS sold out. Ah well, it's not their fault.

Lucent

Yeah I was planning on going for Hard mode from the start to make it feel more like survival. And my conservative skills didn't really come from stealth games but from the original Resident Evil games. I always ended up having a crap ton of magnum ammo at the end of the original RE after I got good at it lol. All that unused ammo in my item box.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Will US PSN offer preload?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom