• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Legacy (3DS) dated for October 13th in NA with a Launch Edition

Vitacat

Wow, looks amazing. And with my GCU it's just $32.

Terrible title, but the game looks nice.

Any reviews of the JPN version?

MrDoctor

In for $40 and the names behind it. Can't be as bad as Bravely Default, can it?
I don't know about that. Nich Maragos did say on another forum that the price hike was to cover ordering higher-capacity cartridges for extra voicework, yet Untold 2's file size is under 1GB, which is the smallest available cartridge. The game doesn't even have that much voiceover, and I'm willing to bet they had the game recorded at Cup of Tea studios, too, which would also mean that they didn't go all-out on their budget.

¯_(ツ)_/¯
If your customers have already proven they're willing to pay more...

Nimby

Banned
The art book will be great. Tomomi Kobayashi is a great artist.

Edit: Oh and Owen(?) has a freakin goatee, time to add him to the "JRPG bearded male protagonist that isn't blahblahblah" thread.

Labadal

This and Shadowrun Hong Kong are my most anticipated games that don't have the name Torment in them.

The Euro wait is real.
giphy.gif

Wow, looks amazing. And with my GCU it's just $32.

Terrible title, but the game looks nice.

Any reviews of the JPN version?

Uh well. I've read some previews and apparently the game has next to no story and is hard as shit. But the difficulty is probably being addressed for the Western release.

Uh well. I've read some previews and apparently the game has next to no story and is hard as shit. But the difficulty is probably being addressed for the Western release.
You are correct:

Balanced for the West – Based on user feedback following the Japanese release, several gameplay adjustments were made to enhance the gameplay. More details to come later!
http://gematsu.com/2015/06/the-legend-of-legacy-coming-north-america-this-fall#hu8Kgr1Txz21hrF5.99

Voror

The story is told in the exact same manner as the classic SaGa games, ie it's mostly fragments of narrative that you may or may not encounter that may or may not end up making sense. It's not to everyone's tastes but they are deliberately following the template they made with SaGa, so if you don't like that series, don't play this game.

Never played any of the SaGa games so I can't say for certain. It certainly sounds like an interesting model though.

UrAvgGuy

Damn I know nothing about this and still wanna hit the preorder button. Definitely has me curious, Will have to read more about this.

randomkid

Has Tomomi Kobayashi worked on anything recently? Until his game, I hadn't seen her work since the PS1 SaGa games.

She did some concept art for a mobile/3DS game called Brave Company. Before that she had some in-game work on a Korean MMO whose name I forget, Granada something.

The story is told in the exact same manner as the classic SaGa games, ie it's mostly fragments of narrative that you may or may not encounter that may or may not end up making sense. It's not to everyone's tastes but they are deliberately following the template they made with SaGa, so if you don't like that series, don't play this game.

Spiritual successor to SaGa? Omg I am in.
Curious about the battle system, since that is what makes or breaks an RPG for me...

Edit:
http://youtu.be/3Cym5NtqUTQ
Ok just watched this. I am preordering this game.

Thoraxes

Fuck yeah take all of my money ATLUS USA.

Fuck yeah this game.

Fuck yeah Masashi Hamauzu.

Fuck. Yeah.

So the launch edition is just the day one/preorder copy? I don't need to preorder a specific SKU?

LDAF

That has to be the dumbest name for a game.

Yeah, I saw the thread title. I never heard of the game before, and I know you can't judge a game by the name, but this sounds like a hokey made-up game for the Simpsons. :p

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I saw the thread title. I never heard of the game before, and I know you can't judge a game by the name, but this sounds like a hokey made-up game for the Simpsons. :p

They should have just named this Legacy :) Harkens back to Saga as well.

-Horizon-

Fuck yeah take all of my money ATLUS USA.

Fuck yeah this game.

Fuck yeah Masashi Hamauzu.

Fuck. Yeah.

So the launch edition is just the day one/preorder copy? I don't need to preorder a specific SKU?
Yeah, that's usually how Atlus handles their launch editions. No need to go looking up a different version.

I really want the Masashi Hamauzu soundtrack but I'm skeptical about the gameplay. I never could get into the older Saga games I've tried, and this spiritual successor doesn't sound like it'll alleviate any of the problems I had. Probably will just stick to getting the soundtrack by itself.

Vena

This is a pretty excellent deal, and I'll be scooping it up. The music alone saves me a few bucks or difficulty of trying to find it legally if it ever exists, and for once Atlus isn't taxing it.

Grezzo worked on the game too. :)

http://www.grezzo.co.jp/en/game

WHY DID I NOT KNOW THIS UNTIL NOW?! o_O

Awesome! :D For those who don't know, Grezzo was formed by the creator of the Mana series Koichi Ishii! Don't know what other SE folks are there though.

Edit: Actually he wasn't the founder, but joined and took over as CEO and President seemingly in 2007.

Also, one of the names initially announced on the game was Kyoji Koizumi, who in Ocarina 3D's credits is under Grezzo, that could've been a clue that this was co-developed by Grezzo.

Top Bottom