• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Legacy (3DS) dated for October 13th in NA with a Launch Edition

staen

Watched the stream. The launch edition box is pretty big. They do a comparison with other atlus titles at about 56 mins into the stream.

They mentioned an upcoming interview detailing the western changes. This is probably the most interesting information they can tell us before release. The other being (based on how much people comment on it in Legend of Legacy threads...) is why the game's title was chosen, which they said they would find out for us.

You can also hear some of the english voice over for the narration for the first time I think?

I was honestly on the fence about this game because I've never played a Saga game. Tried one for the first time just because I really wanted to justify preordering that launch edition. I'm in love with Saga...I can't believe I never played the series. If it is anywhere near as good as Romancing Saga, this might be my 3DS goty.

Zetta

I was going to wait to get this game around my area but that art book needs to be mine so already preordered from bestbuy. I needed a game like this.

Wagram

Here's hoping there's an original difficulty option. I really don't want this to be turned into something mind numbing to play.

LMN

I'm interested, but waiting for other people more interested than I am to take the plunge and tell me if it's good or not. Specifically if this is a good starting point for someone who never got into Saga.

This game will be my first SaGa experience too, don't know if it a good starting point or not, but Im still pretty excited anyway.

Teknoman

When it comes to SaGa you really just have to jump into 10ft. I guess Romancing Saga PS2 would be the most accessible, but yeah, just go right on in.

KiTA

Do we know what changes they made to the gameplay during localization? The website mentions them but doesn't go into details.

Do we know what changes they made to the gameplay during localization? The website mentions them but doesn't go into details.

The last I heard from Atlus during their stream of this game, they were saying they couldn't go into details about the gameplay changes yet. Well, they still have time to do so before the game comes out.

KiTA

The last I heard from Atlus during their stream of this game, they were saying they couldn't go into details about the gameplay changes yet. Well, they still have time to do so before the game comes out.

I'm wondering if it's going to be a Class of Heroes style "I felt this spell was too easy so we nerfed it" sorta thing, or if it's going to be a "we added a speed slider to the combat to make grinding easier" sorta thing.

Or hey, maybe they censored some fanservice or religious elements or something and just don't want to deal with the backlash until the game's out?

Tomita

^ Yeah, I thought it would be popular since it's an RPG. And aren't most Atlus games hugely popular?

Kind of frustrating because it makes it hard to find any info on the game beyond the basic shit. It's not just NeoGAF that's been quiet about this game.

I pre-ordered it, but I'm glad a demo is coming out. I'll be checking it out and I can always cancel the pre-order if I hear something stupid about the game. I just want a game where the map is fun to explore. ):

Umibozu

I made a topic about the demo hitting NA eshop in September 22 but no one seems to care about this game.
I never saw that thread as that would have been good news to hear. What's funny is I'm sure someone else will make the same thread that'll get more traffic.

staen

Babbles on incoherently about freedom of exploration....

Proceeds to map screen where location is selected.

Sigh, should have known.

Freedom of exploration doesn't always mean explore an open 3D world. That's just one of the most common ways games convey freedom to the player.

The freedom in Saga games is more about how you progress through the game since there is no set path. I'm not entirely sure how reaching the end of the game works in Legend of Legacy, but in some Saga games you can skip entire story lines, major quests, towns/dungeons/areas and characters and still reach the end of the game. There were very few mandatory quests or areas. You have to complete a certain amount of quests, battles or areas to move forward but it didn't matter which ones you did. It was left up to the player to explore the game's world and decide how they want to finish it.

I'm wondering if it's going to be a Class of Heroes style "I felt this spell was too easy so we nerfed it" sorta thing, or if it's going to be a "we added a speed slider to the combat to make grinding easier" sorta thing.

Or hey, maybe they censored some fanservice or religious elements or something and just don't want to deal with the backlash until the game's out?

The changes are suppose to be based off feedback from the Japanese release, so I don't think it has to do with censorship and more likely with the difficulty.

Does anyone here know what other criticisms Japanese players had about the game?

I have it preordered but my hands are full with Etrian Odyssey Untold 2. Tales of Zestiria and Disgaea V will be taking priority over this game sadly.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Reviews have been kind of middling but the negative aspects of the game brought up by reviewers seem to be features lifted directly out of Saga Frontier. Aside from the chibi art style this seems right up my alley.

finalflame

So, is anybody playing this? Reviews are really disappointing. My copy is at home waiting for me, but I might just send it back to Amazon. Generic plot, uninteresting environments, and mind-numbingly boring grinding are not my jam.

Top Bottom