• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Legacy (3DS) dated for October 13th in NA with a Launch Edition

Saga games are so hard for me to love. But I want to. I want to so badly. And in not loving them I also feel like I'm less of a gamer somehow. That said, I'm slowly coming around to Matsuno games, so maybe there's hope for me. Maybe.

Harusame

October 13th is going to be an expensive day. I'm definitely getting the launch edition of The Legend of Legacy, I already have preordered the collector's edition for Dragon Quest Heros, and I'm also getting Rodea the Sky Soldier for the 3DS and Wii U.

Durask

So I get the Launch Edition if I just preorder on Amazon now, because Amazon website doesn't mention anything about it including any extras.

Very pleased with this announcement. Gorgeous extras and a game I'm excited for. Atlus knocking it out of the park.

So I get the Launch Edition if I just preorder on Amazon now, because Amazon website doesn't mention anything about it including any extras.
Yes. It's the first printing edition, as with almost all Atlus 3DS games.

October 13th is going to be an expensive day. I'm definitely getting the launch edition of The Legend of Legacy, I already have preordered the collector's edition for Dragon Quest Heros, and I'm also getting Rodea the Sky Soldier for the 3DS and Wii U.

Rodea was delayed until November.

atbigelow

Wow, this is a great package. Just pre-ordered on Amazon as well.

Funny that a friend and I were just talking about this game today. Hamauzu is god.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Heard the game is undercooked and wears out its welcome, but that the soundtrack is incredible. Might have to order that, instead, depending on more impressions for the English version.
¯_(ツ)_/¯

Pretty much, each scenario is too short was another complaint so its not like you really get a good feel for the characters.

But if one wants a new jrpg to play might as well check it out.

Wait, that's confirmed?

Awesome if true, but I'm going to be gutted if I can't get that art book.

Yep!
http://gematsu.com/2015/07/legend-legacy-coming-europe-winter-2016

Don't be confused by "winter 2016", they clarified that they mean Q1. NISA has been doing a few more lauch edition things in EU lately, but I kind of doubt there will be one for this game.

Rice Digital is pretty good for getting the bonus stuff in EU since they often try and get exclusives, so maybe check there every now and then to see if they have something.

Yep!
http://gematsu.com/2015/07/legend-legacy-coming-europe-winter-2016

Don't be confused by "winter 2016", they clarified that they mean Q1. NISA has been doing a few more lauch edition things in EU lately, but I kind of doubt there will be one for this game.

Rice Digital is pretty good for getting the bonus stuff in EU since they often try and get exclusives, so maybe check there every now and then to see if they have something.

Holy crap, you've just made my day!

Wingus

Thank god I bit the bullet and imported a US N3DS.

Was sick of waiting 6 months+ for games like Etrian Odyssey, Rune Factory 4 and SMT etc.

That was exactly what I did (well, for the normal 3DS XL) around the year Fire Emblem: Awakenings and Etrian Odyssey 4 came out.

Best decision I made, especially after Shin Megami Tensei 4 took over a year and a half to come out in Europe (after the US).

uceenk

i like the character design, it's similar to FF : the 4 Heroes of Light which is love it so much

however want to see the gameplay or play the demo (if it's available) before i buy

squall211

October is going to be such a crazy month. This, D5, DQH, ToZ, and (I think) Trials of Cold Steel? My heart soars, buy my wallet weeps.

GeekyDad

Just pre-ordered Stella Glow against my better judgment, but as it's the developers' last game, I had to. Was gonna wait on this, but that launch edition. Now I have to fucking buy it at launch too! At least it doesn't seem to have the Atlus tax, which is weird considering the extras you get with this one.

Parakeetman

Just pre-ordered Stella Glow against my better judgment, but as it's the developers' last game, I had to. Was gonna wait on this, but that launch edition. Now I have to fucking buy it at launch too! At least it doesn't seem to have the Atlus tax, which is weird considering the extras you get with this one.

Stella Glow is actually one of the best games they have made. Good characters / story. Gameplay stats off a little slow till you start unlocking the characters skills.

Honestly Stella Glow is better than Luminous Arc Infinity.

Is the strange pop-up effect still in the game ? looks super confusing.

Its part of the games artistic design and yes its still in.

Tomita

So the story is apparently not worth talking about, but how's the exploring? Is there a lot of cool stuff to unlock or really interesting dungeons/environments? I'm having a hard time finding reviews of the game, and they just focus on the battle mechanics (I'm limited to English, though). I guess this means the exploring isn't really worth it either. I miss exploring in video games. ): What are your guy's impressions?

Parakeetman

So the story is apparently not worth talking about, but how's the exploring? Is there a lot of cool stuff to unlock or really interesting dungeons/environments? I'm having a hard time finding reviews of the game, and they just focus on the battle mechanics (I'm limited to English, though). I guess this means the exploring isn't really worth it either. I miss exploring in video games. ): What are your guy's impressions?

4 pages isnt all that much info but feel free to go look through here.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=976364

Skelter

Banned
That has to be the dumbest name for a game.

header.jpg

To be fair their publisher forced them to name it that.

higemaru

I've heard that the game was super difficult when it came out in Japan but they're dumbing it down/rebalancing it for the American release? Any truth to this?

EDIT: Just found the article a page back. Missed it my first time through.

Yeah, hopefully the difficulty is manageable. Would love to pick this game up, would like it even more if I could finish it.

Top Bottom