• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Preview Thread

Jobbs

Banned
It'd be nice if the game had grindy optional timesinks in it that would be optimal for switchmode. :)

Did you see the 5h treehouse? Thats why we don't going to explain it in detail. Neogaf would be down. We also explained you everything but you just don't wNt to accept it.

I've mostly avoided materials. I saw some of the treehouse. My concept of the game is that it has a big open world and a lot of sandbox elements (which is great and what I have always wanted from a Zelda game in the 3D era).

Peterc

does every zelda related amiibo do something in the game? and what do they do?

no one has provided a good answer to this yet because no one has played it yet (which hasn't stopped some of them from declaring it a revolutionary step forward etc).

Did you see the 5h treehouse? Thats why we don't going to explain it in detail. Neogaf would be down. We also explained you everything but you just don't want to accept it. Instead provide me a game with the same mechanics and same freedom. A living world. But you can't.

Jaraghan

I watched some comparisons of the Wii U version and the Switch version, and it seems like there is this fog over the Wii U version. Switch is so much more clear to me, it kinda hurts that I don't have the money for it :(

Yes, in a similar role as previous games. And a bunch of songs are just time distortions on Ocarina songs, so there's that.

Konji Kondo I thought, at least, was untouchable in regards to his involvement in flagship Nintendo titles. He seems to have been given a back seat in titles within the past 10 years. I wonder why that is? I realise his work has been reused and recomposed in various ways, but yet nothing entirely new of recent.

ReyVGM

Cucurbitacée;231002650 said:
You can freeze some object in time. If you hit them during this period the kinetic energy will accumulate and release when the time unfreeze.

It's actually Potential energy, it becomes Kinetic once the object is not frozen :p

Potential = static, stored.
Kinetic = movement, motion.

By the way, the word Cinema comes from Kinetic (Kinema), which means motion, as in pictures in motion.

Tookay

Konji Kondo I thought, at least, was untouchable in regards to his involvement in flagship Nintendo titles. He seems to have been given a back seat in titles within the past 10 years. I wonder why that is? I realise his work has been reused and recomposed in various ways, but yet nothing entirely new of recent.
Well, it's not really him being given the backseat - it's just that he's a supervisor now and doesn't have day-to-day composing duties. The same way Miyamoto and Aonuma aren't directors anymore. Eventually you gain new responsibilities.

It's actually Potential energy, it becomes Kinetic once the object is not frozen :p

Potential = static, stored.
Kinetic = movement, motion.

By the way, the word Cinema comes from Kinetic (Kinema), which means motion, as in pictures in motion.
My bad, I wrote kinetic because of the name of the rune in French ("Cinetis").

balgajo

Do Wii U digital games usually go up for preload? Just wondering if I'll have to wait until midnight Thursday to start downloading.

Usually they do but I don't know what's happening this time. A fellow from the other thread contacted them and they said that maybe there's isn't a preload this time.

ReyVGM

Cucurbitacée;231005524 said:
My bad, I wrote kinetic because of the name of the rune in French ("Cinetis").

Yep, same origin of the word. Weird hey called it like that when the rune freezes stuff.

A few assets leaked, but there's been 0 progress in actually running the leaked game.

Good. I don't want assholes not buying the game and then playing it on CEMU saying LOL BOTW 4K 60FPS MASTER RACE.

I know it will eventually happen, but not before or so close to release. This game deserves to be bought.

ckaneo

They uploaded the preload for Europe but then hackers went out of their way to try and leak the game so they removed it.

I don't mind frame drops if they're infrequent, but the original Ocarina was built around being 20 fps. BotW is a 30 fps game, frequent frame drops are disrupting, especially with the immediate feedback one would expect from the gameplay.

As long as they aren't a detriment to the overall experience, I'm good.

It was 20 fps but I remember it dropping from that, I think with Ganon.

Astral Dog

From what we've seen so far, the freedom lies in emergence gameplay through its physics and AI. The physics lets you do some cool stuff (skybombing enemy camps, launching a boulder right into it), the AI does unexpected things (a bigger enemy throws a smaller enemy at you, a skeleton head crawls back into its body, etc).

Individually, these stuff may have been done in a game before (though I haven't seen an open world game with this level of physics?) but a lot of these things, plus Nintendo's top tier polish, seems like a recipe for a great game.
Interesting they managed this on the pitiful Wii CPU

German Gamepro gave it a 94/100. It's the second best score ever from them (highest is 95)
It's their best rated game of this gen. Current leaders are Witcher 3 and Uncharted 4 with 92/100.
It's like Edge a magazine and they also revealed their cover and you can see the score. Horizon got a 90.

Hype!!!!!

German Gamepro gave it a 94/100. It's the second best score ever from them (highest is 95)
It's their best rated game of this gen. Current leaders are Witcher 3 and Uncharted 4 with 92/100.
It's like Edge a magazine and they also revealed their cover and you can see the score. Horizon got a 90.

Nice. So far 100 and 94 = 97.

Hype!!!!!
What game got the 95?

correojon

Usually they do but I don't know what's happening this time. A fellow from the other thread contacted them and they said that maybe there's isn't a preload this time.

Wow really? I remember waiting for Bayo2 to go live and I couldn´t get it until 00:00. I think the same happened with Splatoon :S

Hype!!!!!

I don't think Gamepro is a good magazine but I like the score ;)

WetWaffle

From what we've seen so far, the freedom lies in emergence gameplay through its physics and AI. The physics lets you do some cool stuff (skybombing enemy camps, launching a boulder right into it), the AI does unexpected things (a bigger enemy throws a smaller enemy at you, a skeleton head crawls back into its body, etc).

Individually, these stuff may have been done in a game before (though I haven't seen an open world game with this level of physics?) but a lot of these things, plus Nintendo's top tier polish, seems like a recipe for a great game.

You're definitely right in that the physics in this game are more fleshed out than other open worlds, I could even say superior. I just wasn't that excited as others at the preview footage. But from what I've seen, I am interested in getting the game to see what else you can do.

Hype!!!!!

That's a huge score from them.They don't dish out those very often, if at all.
Looking good so far.

jorgejjvr

edge10a3utf.jpg

Cucurbitacée;231005954 said:
What game got the 95?

Galaxy 1+2 and Red Dead Redemption if I remember it right. Maybe some more games. But they changed their system this gen and are much stricter now with less 90+ scores (like a lot of reviewers this gen).

Their highest scores this gen are Uncharted 4 (92), Witcher 3 (92), Horizon (90), Bloodborne (88), Dishonored 2 (88)

So with a 94 it's comfortable the best game this gen for them and most likely one of the best games of the last decade.

LotusHD

Banned
Galaxy 1+2 and Red Dead Redemption if I remember it right. Maybe some more games. But they changed their system this season and are much stricter now with less 90+ scores (like a lot of reviewers this gen).

Their highest scores this gen are Uncharted 4 (92), Witcher 3 (92), Horizon (90), Bloodborne (88), Dishonored 2 (88)

So with a 94 it's comfortable the best game this gen for them and most likely one of the best games of the last decade.

Damn.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm

Hype!!!!!
Sogood.gif. What was the 95/100 game from previous gens?

Galaxy 1+2 and Red Dead Redemption if I remember it right. Maybe some more games. But they changed their system this season and are much stricter now with less 90+ scores (like a lot of reviewers this gen).

How hilarious is it that SMG/2 and RDR got 1 point higher than BotW.

Now this year we have Super Mario Odyssey and RDR2 both coming out lol! And they both could get a 95 again.

phanphare

Banned

whew

Does it really matter if its 91 or 94? :/
It does. Deep down inside people want to see where it ranks in the greatest of games and there's nothing wrong with that.

Everyone knows it's going to be a fantastic game. Tbf this gen reviewers have been harsher with their scores.

Top Bottom