• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda Wii U no longer launching In 2015, will not be at E3 this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verger

Banned
Either Miyamoto "upended the tea table" and has told them to scrap what they have and start over.

Or they're reworking the game for a new console/system/hardware.

Sterok

Welp. Not too surprising, but I had hope they'd be able to get it out since apparently they could've showed it E3 2013. We'll live, but it's going to sting. As for holiday plans, I see three possibilities. First up is a rushed Pokken port, which I don't see as too likely. Second is Animal Crossing U, which is probably only possible for Japan. Last up is Xenoblade X, which is laughable but probably the best option since they can try and promote that pretty well.

Come on. The joke "Everything was 2015" by the end of the year can be pushed back a year as well.

It's good they are taking their time, but if Halo 5 gets delayed I'm not sure what the consoles have coming.

Fandangox

Yep, first Android game confirmed.

giphy.gif

I'll take it.

I thought this year felt a little too good to be true. From the thread title I was going to say, hopefully we see it at E3, but sadly they've confirmed we're not seeing it :(.

Oh well, it'll be worth it in the end.

They have to have known it wouldn't be a 2015 game for a long time.

Remember how Miyamoto said Star Fox would come before it, but we haven't even seen gameplay or anything outside of a logo and a single off screen pre-alpha screenshot for it?

That's like the only thing you got right in that pic so far lol,

Just swap Yoshi's Woolly World with Mario Party 10 and my list is mostly correct. Considering that game has been in development for like 2+ years, I'm literally shocked that it still doesn't have a release date.

No problem, actually more time to play other games, like Splatoon, Yoshi and Xenoblade X, which is actually a pretty lengthy game.

dmr87

Please understand.

tvrb.png

On a serious note, I'd rather have a polished game than a mess, take your time. But not being at E3 sounds weird.

Bass260

Eh, as someone who wanted to believe otherwise....this game just went cross-platform. Make the best game they can make, forget about Wii U and have a great game ready for their next console launch. It's happening. Not even playable at e3 is too suspect.

Sandfox

They have to have known it wouldn't be a 2015 game for a long time.

Remember how Miyamoto said Star Fox would come before it, but we haven't even seen gameplay or anything outside of a logo and a single off screen pre-alpha screenshot for it?

Star Fox is going to be playable at E3.

javac

Good, at least we know Wii U will be getting a release in 2016 :p Plus, there's no point rushing it as a means to 'save Wii U' as that will never happen, so just take your time and make sure its an amazing game for the people who do own the system. I won't post that overused Miyamoto quote, but it is appropriate to remember in this case. Also it's nice of them to update us about it, but the timing is a bit random , I'm clamoring for a new Direct.

Not even at E3?"
This is worrying. I'm starting to fear that something is wrong with the game..

There is zero reason to think A leads to B in that situation. Even if something was wrong, that wouldn't impede their ability to put together an appealing trailer.

This is just how they always are, they don't want to show until they're ready to show.

Delay was expected. Not at E3 is... troubling.

I don't think it is troubling. I think it is a sign that they actually discovered something major.

I think this Zelda is the next Ocarina. And what I mean by that is -- they're going to knock it out of the park. I can feel it.

Kindekuma

Banned
Use that extra time wisely to build the best Zelda you can, Nintendo.

No empty over worlds! Fill that game up with as much content as you possibly can!

Empty

the least surprising thing ever. the game seems really ambitious and even like pikmin 3 got delayed a lot (which worked out nicely).

i'm just a bit baffled why they insisted on a 2015 date just a few months ago, they didn't need to

Damn...not too surprising considering the series history but I do appreciate them coming forward about it publicly without waiting for a Direct or anything. Ah well...Wii U 2015 belongs to Xenoblade Chronicles X!

trixx

There better not be anyone even remotely upset by this delay. This is a GOOD thing.

Plenty of games to play between then and now.

My backlog thanks you, Ninty

A bad game is bad forever

For the record I'm not upset by the delay, cause I think it'll be much better than rushing it out. I'm upset that i made bets with posters and friends saying this game will come out this year. Mad salty right now.

Not being at E3 is somewhat worrisome, sounds like it's releasing end of next year now on the new console, or 2017

big_z

Starfox will be the holiday game. Considering how rough and empty Zelda looked at the vgas a delay isn't surprising.

And yes, if it's delayed not just in Spring (like Uncharted), but till end of 2016. I can see it becoming an NX launch game, alongside releasing on Wii U. Twilight Princess all over again.

Decent chance nx won't launch until 2017. It seems very early at this point as in it doesn't exist outside of a code name. Nintendo can't afford to launch with a game drought again and if anything Nintendo has learnt next gen games take more time to make.

Haunted

Made me chuckle at least that all the people absolutely sure it would be delayed were proven correct.
If you have even a little bit of history following this industry and Nintendo EAD, you could see this coming from a mile away.

To be honest, I was surprised to hear so many people who were adamant about the 2015 release date here on GAF. I suppose we've got a bunch of newer members.

LDAF

The no-show at E3 is what REALLY surprises me, especially since it seemed like they were already confident enough to show footage as of December (even if it was off-screen).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom