• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda Wii U no longer launching In 2015, will not be at E3 this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Aaaaand Xenoblade Chronicles X is now a Fall 2015 game.

Yep. This was my fear. I'll bet it's actually moved to November.

Edit: NOT AT E3?

Welp, NX it is. No way this is sticking with Wii U at this point. NX launch title.

defferoo

wut... not at E3? O.O what are they going to show instead? mario maker? i was okay with the delay... but not this, not like this...

Incoming Twilight Princess HD Port to "tide the fans over."

Still though this isnt surprising in the least, I dont remember the last time a console Zelda game wasn't delayed from its initial release date. And I dont think this will be a Twilight Princess scenario either, the earliest we'll get NX will be Fall 2017 if even that, and we dont even know if it'll be a console or handheld yet.

You hear devs talking about making hard cuts to meet deadlines, but the fact they are adding ideas they think will be awesome just makes me more excited for the game!

Delay sucks but I trust them to make it great

As long as it isn't until winter next year, then I'm fine.

Also, does anyone else think this was odd? They don't normally just randomly put up videos about stuff like this.

Edit: oh, not going to be at e3?... Dreams crushed and burned.

There better not be anyone even remotely upset by this delay. This is a GOOD thing.

Plenty of games to play between then and now.

My backlog thanks you, Ninty

A bad game is bad forever

Not even showing it at E3? Yeah, the NX is coming out in 2016. Quote me on this.

kIz0ciG.png

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Incoming Twilight Princess HD Port to "tide the fans over."

Still though this isnt surprising in the least, I dont remember the last time a console Zelda game wasn't delayed from its initial release date. And I dont think this will be a Twilight Princess scenario either, the earliest we'll get NX will be Fall 2017 if even that, and we dont even know if it'll be a console or handheld yet.

Yes, please!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Okay now I'm even more hyped for e3 if they think they can afford to not show Zelda WiiU. Hehe...

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
If it isn't even at E3...well, NX has already a great launch game, guys!

I always thought that the lastest 3D Zeldas were excellent yet had some strange clearly undercooked parts. Wind Waker with the cut dungeons (Jabbu) and the odd triforce padding, Twilight Princess was very lean on side content with the magic bar removed at the last minute, Gohma was no were to be seen (huge spider chasing scene in the trailers), bare bones hyrule field, 3 npc in Kakariko, etc. Skyward made you backtrack the same 3 places 3 times...

They all felt like giving them a good last development push would have massively improve them, so I'm happy with this decision regarding Zelda Wii u

BumRush

Bummer for wii u owners. It makes q4 a bit barren unless (when?) they announce something else at E3. Definitely not unexpected, though.

Danielsan

Shocking development. What little footage that we got from the game looked to be in a really early state. There was not way they were going to launch this year.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
How could that ever have been a realistic possibility?

Razmos

tumblr_inline_n9tdk94H5T1sp0oi3.gif

Sigh, ah well.

Made me chuckle at least that all the people absolutely sure it would be delayed were proven correct.

Sydle

I was just about to buy a used Wii U, but I guess it can wait. I'm sure Nintendo is delaying it for the right reasons, so I'm okay with this.

Fodder76

Classic move. Announce it on a Friday evening so everyone forgets about it over the weekend. Nicely done.

Also, not the slightest bit surprised at this news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom