• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If replaying the trilogy is a hot desire, just do it now, ideally on PC where you can crank settings, tweak LOD draw distance, inject a bunch of shit, use insane fan made textures if you really want, and generally play the absolute best variations of all the games.

Maybe a trilogy HD port will come one day, but AFAIK it's clear that day is not in the visible future. EA has made it abundantly clear last gen ports are not their focus. Word from EA, BioWare, and the grapevine have clearly articulated a desire to move forward with the new direction for the series. The focus for EA and BioWare is guaranteed to be 100% on Andromeda, not ports. Obviously anything can happen. Obviously there's a space for the trilogy port. Obviously plenty of people here and elsewhere would eat it up. But based on what we know I think it's just as obvious that it's not on the schedule.

JeffG

If replaying the trilogy is a hot desire, just do it now, ideally on PC where you can crank settings, tweak LOD draw distance, inject a bunch of shit, use insane fan made textures if you really want, and generally play the absolute best variations of all the games.
Controller support is hit or miss. I got the one for Mass effect 2 and it worked good. Mass Effect 1..It seemed to work, but I couldn't pick up items. (Dialog wheels and whatnot worked fine)

SliChillax

So excited! For some reason I had totally forgotten the existence of these
LqPE2MQ.jpg

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So... I just realized we are less than 3 weeks before the game is officially revealed(and I mean, more than a trailer or teaser not showing any gameplay or cutscene at all). Hype! Overwatch will probably help make the days goes faster.

Part of me hope that something will leak before. Anything. Even a magazine article with new screenshots or details would be nice.

Patryn

So... I just realized we are less than 3 weeks before the game is officially revealed(and I mean, more than a trailer or teaser not showing any gameplay or cutscene at all). Hype! Overwatch will probably help make the days goes faster.

Part of me hope that something will leak before. Anything. Even a magazine article with new screenshots or details would be nice.

I've grown to the point that I'd rather see the full shebang presented the way it's supposed to be shown as opposed to getting drips of info.

Which isn't to say that I wouldn't totally be watching a video of gameplay if it leaked, just that I'd rather have a more extended look than a small snippet.

Seeing Ryder jetpacking over a doorway isn't enough.

I'm also curious to see how much demonization of Dragon Age Inquisition and Mass Effect 3 are involved in the proceedings.

ME Andromeda is the final act of E3 for me. I don't care what comes after it, I'll be too busy watching the trailer in repeat.

Well, a Jade Empire after that would probably send me to hospital.

Ralemont

not me
Been waiting all day to get home and find out what DLC I bothered to buy during the last sale. I actually own ME3 PC but never played it, much less with mods. Pretty sure I bought From Ashes at some point.

diaspora

Been waiting all day to get home and find out what DLC I bothered to buy during the last sale. I actually own ME3 PC but never played it, much less with mods. Pretty sure I bought From Ashes at some point.
IMO, the Enhanced Galaxy Map mod adds a lot to the atmosphere of the game being in the middle of a war.

diaspora

That looks very interesting. Will give it a shot.

Are all the good mods on Nexus, or will I have to look elsewhere for some stuff?
The Lions share of the good stuff are on the nexus- specifically ALOT textures and Enhanced Galaxy Map. I stopped using ending mods as I've made peace with it at this point.

prag16

Banned
Don't worry EA have lied to us before, like Andromeda coming out this year and Mass Effect 1 won't ever come to PS3.

But E3 will be the last real opportunity to do so.

Agreed. Despite everything, it still could make a modicum of sense to crap out a remaster Q3/4 this year to build hype for a Q1 ME:A release. I still put the chances at very slim to none, but it it was ever going to happen, this E3 is basically the last chance.

Lucreto

Agreed. Despite everything, it still could make a modicum of sense to crap out a remaster Q3/4 this year to build hype for a Q1 ME:A release. I still put the chances at very slim to none, but it it was ever going to happen, this E3 is basically the last chance.

I believe the Uncharted Collection really helped Uncharted 4 to sell as well as it did. It got people excited for the series after the 5 year break. I say the same can happen for Mass Effect as well. People can point out the ME3 ending all they want but the people who are still hurting are a extreme minority. I didn't follow all the media behind ME3 so I was happy with the ending and the extended ending.

EA are stupid for not doing it when other major publishers are doing it and making bank off of it. It's surprising for a company known to be greedy to miss an opportunity to make easy money. I expected a Mirrors Edge and Dead Space Collection at the very minimum.

I am hoping that EA beginning it's Mass Effect focus it would be appropriate to release a remaster as the Dragon Age focus finished late last year.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Started replaying ME1 on PC and now using the fan made textures and running at 4K DSR, love it. I looked into modding ME2 and ME3 and backed away slowly. I could sit down and do it if I actually read it in detail but didn't realise it was so involved!

Lucreto

We know now.
I haven't lost faith yet. This time in two weeks it will be gone but after last year anything is possible. Anyway EA lies.

It's been a year after EA said no. Bioware are completely quiet but you would think they would and you would think they would try and kill the idea of it happening. They should lock the year old thread of the Bioware forums saying it's not happening or at least comment saying it's not happening.

Hell if Shinobi commented saying it's not happening I would believe him. I trust him more than EA.

diaspora

I haven't lost faith yet. This time in two weeks it will be gone but after last year anything is possible. Anyway EA lies.

It's been a year after EA said no. Bioware are completely quiet but you would think they would and you would think they would try and kill the idea of it happening. They should lock the year old thread of the Bioware forums saying it's not happening or at least comment saying it's not happening.

Hell if Shinobi commented saying it's not happening I would believe him. I trust him more than EA.
EA isn't announcing new projects in June to release pre-FY Q4 (ME:A window given to investors).

It's not coming out nor will it.

Lucreto

EA isn't announcing new projects in June to release pre-FY Q4 (ME:A window given to investors).

It's not coming out nor will it.

I don't remember any investor meeting saying Mass Effect 1 was being released on PS3 but they did it anyway.

A remaster may not be a significant enough title to show off for investors. I don't remember Peggle 2, Garden Warfare, Garden Warfare 2 being leaked through investor meetings.

I am grasping at straws here :-( I know deep down its not happening but I still hope.

diaspora

I don't remember any investor meeting saying Mass Effect 1 was being released on PS3 but they did it anyway.

A remaster may not be a significant enough title to show off for investors. I don't remember Peggle 2, Garden Warfare, Garden Warfare 2 being leaked through investor meetings.

I am grasping at straws here :-(
Not only has it not shown up in any call that involved talking about new and upcoming projects but it's a project that EA has actively come out against doing. So... expecting it to show up at E3 so it can drop in 4-6 months is less likely than a Nintendo Metroid blowout.
The trilogy and DLC are 30% off, if you want to play it on current gen in 1080p-4k this will be the only way to do it.

Don't worry EA have lied to us before, like Andromeda coming out this year and Mass Effect 1 won't ever come to PS3.

But E3 will be the last real opportunity to do so.

Hm you think ea knew all along (after they acquired bioware) that Me1 was coming to Ps3?

Edit: and as for the Me4 thing I thought that was just a delay.

Hm you think ea knew all along (after they acquired bioware) that Me1 was coming to Ps3?

Edit: and as for the Me4 thing I thought that was just a delay.

They knew MS had the publishing rights for ME1 when they bought BioWare. EA and MS had discussions after the buyout, I'm guessing they worked out a deal that would allow EA to bring ME1 to PC asap, and that ME2 would be first on 360/PC for a year. Of course, That's just conjecture on my part.

I suspect EA putting out ME Trilogy on multiple platforms had more to do with the timing of the publishing rights expiring relatively close to them wrapping up the trilogy. I doubt it was something they were thinking about back in 2008.

Publishing rights are weird. ME1 still is listed as a MS game on the 360 back compat page on Xbox One, and was even part of the last MS Studios sale. I know Donald Mustard from Chair said in a Giant Bomb video that the reason they were able to put Shadow Complex on Steam and PS4 was because they only recently got the publishing rights for it.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So Shinobi... got anything to hype us a bit for the next 2 weeks? Bioware isn't doing a good enough job right now for that!

CrazyDude

Would be cool if we some more underdeveloped species in Andromeda.

I am also wondering if it was just one ship sent out our multiples ships sent out to Andromeda and could they be sent out at different time. Like say you are the last to be sent out, could be that the earlier ships people already set up on planet with decades or more head start due to how time works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom