• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You definitely won't get that. In fact, "blowout" is much too strong a word I think. It'll be real good stuff, but I think everyone should temper themselves and not expect a deep dive Fallout or even Horizon style.

I know that's different than what I insinuated before but, well yea.

What should we reasonably expect then, oh wise shinobi?

A 2-3 mins ingame trailer, showing the important bits of the story & the new commander, with a couple of cutscenes & clips of combat, exploration and mako mixed all in? Then followed with a few videos & screenshots on the main website or shown with interviews afterward? No playable demo on the floor?

Is that about it?

Patryn

I really, really hope that this doesn't end up being a Mass Effect 3 situation again, where despite a lengthy "delay" the game is still coming in super hot and clearly having needed more time in the oven...

Patryn

I think the most important point is which male supermodel is the new player character going to be based off?

Everybody knows that Shepard was a woman, silly.

In all seriousness, I don't care. The only modern Bioware game that I've used the default face was Dragon Age 2, and that's simply because I couldn't make a face I liked with their face creator. Dragon Age Inquisition's was pretty great, albeit hampered by having only about 2 decent hairstyles, so I have a lot of hope for Andromeda's.

Custom Ryder face squad, ahoy!

Maledict

Have to be honest, I always used default male shepherd face because

A) custom faces generally looked terrible, and in particularly I'm bad at making faces

B) it was a really good face! Again, it sounds trite but the fact they used a demonstrably beautiful guy as the face model makes a change from the usual square headed space marines we generally see.

Hmmm.

I sense a disturbance in the force.
Nah nothing like that. It'll be fine. :)

What should we reasonably expect then, oh wise shinobi?

A 2-3 mins ingame trailer, showing the important bits of the story & the new commander, with a couple of cutscenes & clips of combat, exploration and mako mixed all in? Then followed with a fewf videos & screenshots on the main website or shown with interviews afterward? No playable demo on the floor?

Is that about it?
Sounds like a reasonable expectation.

Patryn

Andromeda and Persona 5 both coming out in Q1 2017 is really not great for me. The battles for the TV between my wife playing P5 (I already lost the battle on playing THAT one first) and me playing Andromeda are going to be epic.

Bisnic

Andromeda and Persona 5 both coming out in Q1 2017 is really not great for me. The battles for the TV between my wife playing P5 (I already lost the battle on playing THAT one first) and me playing Andromeda are going to be epic.

Solution is simple. Get a 2nd TV!

Sounds like a reasonable expectation.

Eh. Can't be worst than last year at least. All I want is to finally see the game in action.

So I take it E3 will probably be a BIG blow-out for Andromeda? It's really tempting to watch it live but the media blackouts I went through for the second and third games made things so much more surprising and Andromeda being something that distances itself from the setting of that original trilogy I think knowing less would be best.

...but I also want to see it now!

Patryn

So I take it E3 will probably be a BIG blow-out for Andromeda? It's really tempting to watch it live but the media blackouts I went through for the second and third games made things so much more surprising and Andromeda being something that distances itself from the setting of that original trilogy I think knowing less would be best.

...but I also want to see it now!

See this post:

You definitely won't get that. In fact, "blowout" is much too strong a word I think. It'll be real good stuff, but I think everyone should temper themselves and not expect a deep dive Fallout or even Horizon style.

I know that's different than what I insinuated before but, well yea.

At this point, I'm hoping for just at least 30 seconds of gameplay. Maybe a minute if we're lucky.

I'm expecting more CG trailer fuckery.

See this post:

At this point, I'm hoping for just at least 30 seconds of gameplay. Maybe a minute if we're lucky.

I'm expecting more CG trailer fuckery.

Thanks, missed that.

In all seriousness it'll be more than that. I don't want to get too detailed but it'll be good.

Guess I'll just step out of the room when it comes on then. Let everyone else in my "viewing group" watch it and just feed of their excitement.

Hoping for a cinematic trailer to set things up, then some live gameplay. Even the short teaser last year got me super hyped. It will be interesting to see it in Frostbite; some games on Frostbite seem to be very impressively visually/technically, while others the opposite is true.

It's basically a given I'll get this day one, but given EA access, I'm wondering if I should just play through the first 6 hours when it's available, then have to wait a few days for the rest to unlock, or just be patient until release day.

It's not happening.

1000%

EA had laid out their stance on remasters, and their sticking to it. Definitely disappointing. It's one of those instances where, while it may be a significant investment to bring the trilogy to current gen, I'm sure it would sell quite well. As a console gamer, I just want to have the entire series in my library. Hopefully now that MS has multi-disk worked out, we'll be seeing ME2 and ME3 added to the BC library (as well as released on the digital storefront)

Hoping for a cinematic trailer to set things up, then some live gameplay. Even the short teaser last year got me super hyped. It will be interesting to see it in Frostbite; some games on Frostbite seem to be very impressively visually/technically, while others the opposite is true.

It's basically a given I'll get this day one, but given EA access, I'm wondering if I should just play through the first 6 hours when it's available, then have to wait a few days for the rest to unlock, or just be patient until release day.

EA had laid out their stance on remasters, and their sticking to it. Definitely disappointing. It's one of those instances where, while it may be a significant investment to bring the trilogy to current gen, I'm sure it would sell quite well. As a console gamer, I just want to have the entire series in my library. Hopefully now that MS has multi-disk worked out, we'll be seeing ME2 and ME3 added to the BC library (as well as released on the digital storefront)
of course it would. it'd be comparable to the success of nathan drake.

diaspora

I'm going to be super tempted, but I'll want to play this on PS4, which doesn't offer the option.

Eh, I thought about it myself but my 2012 PC will likely outperform my PS4 with this game anyway. Not to mention since DA:I had surprising mod support I'd look forward to mods for ME:A.
Will likely buy a 480X or 490 for this game regardless.

edit: fwiw, Mirror's Edge Catalyst seems to work reasonably smoothly (albeit with strangely low-res Ultra/Hyper textures) so Mass Effect should run well too.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Prediction: Mass Effect 2 and 3 Backwards Compatibility announced at E3

I wasn't aware until today that the first batch of multi-disc games have been announced for BC, I can't see ME being far down the list: it's one of the most asked for BC titles by far.

I would be happy to play the trilogy finally on my X1 and I could then put my trusty X360 to rest in the cupboard (especially if they do Lost Odyssey at the same time,
Microsoft, pls
) :D

Patryn

I wasn't aware until today that the first batch of multi-disc games have been announced for BC, I can't see ME being far down the list: it's one of the most asked for BC titles by far.

I would be happy to play the trilogy finally on my X1 and I could then put my trusty X360 to rest in the cupboard (especially if they do Lost Odyssey at the same time,
Microsoft, pls
I've been harboring the same thought.

Garlador

Microsoft, pls

It still just doesn't run well...

I finally caved. PC version. 1080. 60 FPS. Improved and updated Texture Mods. Controller support mod.

I can't go back.

Microsoft, pls
I could see BC announcements of the rest of the games coming at e3, but the impact wouldn't be nearly as huge as if they announced a remastered collection.

especially since mS's announcement of BC is already like a year old.

Garlador

I could see BC announcements of the rest of the games coming at e3, but the impact wouldn't be nearly as huge as if they announced a remastered collection.

especially since mS's announcement of BC is already like a year old.

Even with a PC version, I'd throw money at them for a remastered collection.

But EA is allergic to the love and support, apparently.

Won't stop asking for it, though.

PC version. 1080. 60 FPS. Improved and updated Texture Mods. Controller support mod.

I can't go back.
This is what I'm doing too, plus Steam Link and the Elite controller. It's heaven.

My wife is playing it with me. It's her first time. We just finished Ranncoh and started the Citadel DLC quests, which are new to me too. I never bought it for Xbox.

She was really bummed about Mordin and then Thane, and now Legion haha

Microsoft, pls

Yea, I'm thinking those two will be announced for BC as well. I'll also wager ME1-3 (via 360 BC) will be given as preorder bonuses for ME:A.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Question though my Prothean brothers, is all your DLC and paid content available to you through BC? I own literally every piece of buyable content there is for X360, would never want to buy it all again though...also are your save files still compatible? (for carrying over characters for NG+).

If the answer to this is no in any fashion...well, it's back to square one really :p

Valkrai

Question though my Prothean brothers, is all your DLC and paid content available to you through BC? I own literally every piece of buyable content there is for X360, would never want to buy it all again though...also are your save files still compatible? (for carrying over characters for NG+).

If the answer to this is no in any fashion...well, it's back to square one really :p

If you're playing on the account you bought the DLC with, yes. Now for saves, I don't think it'll carry over that.

DOWN

Banned

DLC transfers. Saves transfer as long as you use the Gold member cloud saves feature on 360/One

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
DLC transfers. Saves transfer as long as you use the Gold member cloud saves feature on 360/One

Oh awesome, I'm not too familiar with how the cloud saves work on XBL, my saves have all been done while being a member of xbox live, is it auto saved to the cloud? If not, can you transfer save files/sync existing save files on your X360?

I have a strong feeling this BC stuff is going to be announced at E3, I can feel it in this subtle Bionic wind blowing here in New Zealand.

Bisnic

Is the game going to be revealed soon after EA Play start on June 12th 4PM EST?

I'm hoping so. That means 2 days left! I can't believe we're finally getting there.

This is probably the only thing that makes Mass Effect 1 playable for me nowadays:
Code:
Bindings=(Name="MiddleMouseButton",InputMode=BIO_INPUT_MODE_NONE,Command="SloMo 10 | OnRelease SloMo 1",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)

Essentially turning middleclick into a 10x fastforward button. Never going into an elevator or a mako without it.
This is great. Another benefit is traversing the Citadel.

Bisnic

maxresdefault.jpg

It's almost there, at last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom