• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The No Holds Barred Castle Crashers Official Thread of Broken Netcode and Crash Bugs

poweld said:
5 Days till our 2 month no-patch anniversary! Sorry, I just can't wait. I'm baking a cake.

These things take time! Lets not forget that Behemoth are only a small team, and as they so often point out at every given opportunity, MS certification is not an overnight thing. And of course they have that DLC to program in as well, those 108KB keys don't write themselves ya know!

poweld

I agree with whoever suggested an all-out GAF play fest when the patch comes. Let's drink away our sorrows and smash some castles. Anyone? Beuller?

jibblypop

Banned
poweld said:
I agree with whoever suggested an all-out GAF play fest when the patch comes. Let's drink away our sorrows and smash some castles. Anyone? Beuller?

I would play for sure! Getting that patch will be a reason to celebrate (by playing my very first online match since I haven't been able to start one yet!)

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
poweld said:
I'm torn between wanting to

1. do a massive play fest, or
2. wanting to uninstall their game and never speak of it or give them my money ever again.

poweld

Monroeski said:
I'm torn between wanting to

1. do a massive play fest, or
2. wanting to uninstall their game and never speak of it or give them my money ever again.

Well, come now, we already paid for it, and as I found out, we're not getting our money back.
As for giving them more money, of course, from now on you can vote with your wallet (I know I will). 'Till then... :D

jibblypop

Banned
I'm just bumping this with new info for those few of you (like me) that still care about this game. (and hopefully give me some people to play online with)

Castle Crashers Blog said:
Update on the Title Update + Halloween Contests!
Mon, 27 Oct 2008 20:44:41 +0000

On Friday we sent the Title Update (TU) to Microsoft for testing and certification. From this point on we don’t have any control over the release of the TU, but it is really nice that we have launched into the next step. Thanks again to all of you who have provided constructive comments to find issues!!! Remember, Microsoft must test and certify the TU before they decide to upload it for you all to download. We have no control over when they will schedule to release the TU.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
I still care, there's no "big games" that I'm interested in coming out and I'd love to play some more local four player games without worrying about losing my save data. Hopefully they've stuck a pink knight into the title update for me (I asked them to when I sent them some bugs).

Wizman23

Banned
These devs are a fucking joke. I hope the lack of patch makes their next game (of there is one) bomb.

Next time finish the dam game before its released

jibblypop

Banned
Princess Skittles said:
I still care, there's no "big games" that I'm interested in coming out

Same here. I still care about Castle Crashers A LOT. It's the type of game I like. Games like Fallout, Gears of War, Left for Dead are just not my style so it means nothing to me that they are coming out. I bought an Xbox360 for the cool 2D XBLA games like this and I want this game fixed so I can play it properly!

Teknoman

Wizman23 said:
These devs are a fucking joke. I hope the lack of patch makes their next game (of there is one) bomb.

Next time finish the dam game before its released

Small dev team, not jokes, etc. etc. etc.

Castle Crashers still kicks ass, and will continue to do so. Even Fable II has launched with some game breaking and save erasing bugs. Little Big Planet has servers exploding. Chill with the overreactions.

Teknoman said:
Small dev team, not jokes, etc. etc. etc.

Castle Crashers still kicks ass, and will continue to do so. Even Fable II has launched with some game breaking and save erasing bugs. Little Big Planet has servers exploding. Chill with the overreactions.

Yes but Fable 2 and LBP doesn't have developers who sound like assholes after the bugs are found.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Two months and no patch? I was kinda interested in playing some co-op when it got fixed.........................................a month ago, now I really don't care. :/

Draft

:lol

Every time this thread is bumped, I get reminded how shitty The Behemoth is.

Oh man, you know, we're like totally working on a patch, but jeez, had to hit up that Tokyo Game Show, you know how it is, pro game developers and everything.

Seriously every time it gets bumped I think, "Oh man maybe they did finally patch it." But every time I also say to myself, "Who cares, I'm not interested in playing Castle Crashers anymore" and then "Yeah right, they didn't patch it." I really don't believe I paid 1200 points for this game.

Wait.

Is the game broken?

My brother and I have *not* been able to get an online session working for more than 10 minutes. We've tried many times since we purchased it a few weeks ago. We get disconnected *constantly*.

This is a common problem? It isn't my fault?

Amazing!

poweld

TruthJunky said:
Wait.

Is the game broken?

My brother and I have *not* been able to get an online session working for more than 10 minutes. We've tried many times since we purchased it a few weeks ago. We get disconnected *constantly*.

This is a common problem? It isn't my fault?

Amazing!

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, or if you just didn't read the thread. If the latter, read the thread.

Don't start me :)

poweld said:
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, or if you just didn't read the thread. If the latter, read the thread.

Don't start me :)

Definitely not being sarcastic. But I don't have the time to read 50 pages.

From what I can tell, the networking problems that my brother and I are having are common. And they should be addressed in the patch.

No?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
That sucks for everyone else. With the few exceptions where I had a random connection drop, everyone I played with worked for hours and hours at a time. The online co-op made me absolutely love this game.

I feel bad for everyone else who didn't experience that. =(

poweld

TruthJunky said:

From what I can tell, the networking problems that my brother and I are having are common. And they should be addressed in the patch.

No?

Yeah, they should be. The only problem is that most people have lost interest while waiting for the patch, especially with the slew of great games coming out now.

Some may come back to check it out once it's fixed, we'll have to wait and see.

_mo

I'm giving up on this game and moving on. This has to be one of the saddest demises for such a promising game.

RIP CC 8/27-11/11

_mo said:
I'm giving up on this game and moving on. This has to be one of the saddest demises for such a promising game.

RIP CC 8/27-11/11

I keep telling the tons of fun I had, and am still having, with the game that it's a shit buggy mess, but it's enjoying it too much to listen.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
TruthJunky said:

No?
Do you have time to read the title of the thread?

Did someone break their fingers or something. A couple of lines of code a day is about the only reason I could imagine things taking this long.

Once they fix the game i'll buy it for sure, this id the kind of game I love plus I can't afford all the major release titles over the next 2 months, way too many.

robut said:
We got that premium theme........where the fuck is the patch?

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but I was referring to in-game DLC. Such as additional characters, weapons, or even levels. Obviously they're far off, or not ever coming at all since the online issues haven't even been fixed yet.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
The bugs in the game are about more than online 4 player; the save wipe bug hits even folks who only play offline.

I lost some of my stuff once.

One housemate lost EVERYTHING a bit after that, including all the stuff that was counting towards various collectable achievements.

It's too discouraging to want to play the game more, and we don't want to dance through hoops and take regular paranoid precautions against losing our stats. Bleh.

I realize this is just more bitching, and I'm sorry about that. But this truly was one totally borked release of a highly anticipated game. On the subject of small dev teams: by the same token, small developers cannot afford bad word of mouth - not one drop of it. The double edged so-ward is that you gotta be golden when you're a bedroom operation. I am both annoyed at The Behemoth and feel sorry for them.

eznark

Banned
ToyMachine228 said:
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but I was referring to in-game DLC. Such as additional characters, weapons, or even levels. Obviously they're far off, or not ever coming at all since the online issues haven't even been fixed yet.

not a chance any of that is coming out. I found it pretty hilarious on IGN's 360 podcast when they were talking about this as if it was XBL game of the year material. I'd imagine a game should be playable for it to win an award.

Remy

The last update-y thing I read...

Q: One last question… about that Castle Crashers patch…

A: We have sent it off to Microsoft and they are in the process of testing and certifying it. We have no idea how long it will take to release it, but we will hopefully see it soon!

That was nearly two weeks ago, so obviously the T&C team is taking their time to ensure the patch has no bugs whatsoever, just like they did the original release.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Remy said:
The last update-y thing I read...

That was nearly two weeks ago, so obviously the T&C team is taking their time to ensure the patch has no bugs whatsoever, just like they did the original release.

NO. This was an update based on what they updated A MONTH AGO. The 27th of Oct they sent it.

M$ needs to take that broken game OFF the Marketplace until these game-breaking bugs are fixed. And it's not like Fable where it's a small percentage of people. The MAJORITY of people talking about this game have suffered horrible issues with the game. Therefore it is faulty and therefore not fit for release.

Top Bottom