• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NX Prediction / BSpeculation / Fanxiety Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oregano

I'd be lying to say I wouldn't be disappointing if after all this hype the NX news for the next two weeks "NX is officially called ..." and "We're going to reveal it on...".

That would be BS and definitely not what people were implying.

FAKE EDIT:...and just as I'm typing this Emily has tripled down. Exciting times then I guess. There's no real way to twist that. She's saying it's being revealed this week.

I think they should hit the $249 sweet spot at the beginning, assuming it's an attractive product.

leave some space for a $199 price reduction later on and then never look back,
$250 is more than fine with the proposed specs and (presumably) good line up but it does put it dangerously close to PS4/XBOX One. One price drop and then they'd be at the same point. $199 would sell out for quite awhile especially if it launches alongside Zelda.
At $300 they'd have a pretty rough time selling it and I'd expect a $250 price drop before the first holiday. Hope they handle it well.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
...Ok, Emily has indeed doubled down on the "reveal this week" scenario. Didn't expect to see her so clearly going against what Serkan Toto's heard. Yep, interesting week ahead.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I don't think they even threatened him with legal action. He seemingly saw it as an opportunity to get into Nintendo's good graces and sold the source out. For zero gain.

Also the source reads GAF so I know he gets mad whenever people start talking up SMD's bullshit.

What the fuck. What an asshole. (SMD I mean.)

maxcriden

As irritating as it's been to be a Nintendo fan for the past year and change, I'm just glad this wait will likely end some time in the next week. I'd rather not, but I guess can wait that long after more than a year of this. I just want to see what it looks like and finally learn the full concept and specs already.

Hopefully we get nearly that much info by the end of the month. Just FWIW, I don't expect full specs.

I (hesitantly) trust in this week now, as Emily wouldn't want to throw her reputation under the bus to the satisfaction of SMD's goblin army.

Hype.

Richie

If it does not share the library the (between portable and console) NX makes no sense to me, that is all I want to say, also it is not coming this week Mr. Toto is on point on everything he says.

He himself stated his source on the NX bit isn't entirely solid though.

Damn, I want to believe. I want to think Emily is right, I thought my hype had died but now it's broke the ceiling. I'm never gonna catch up on Inktober drawings dangnabit

Ashby

And keep in mind that Emily didn't immediately respond to Toto. I bet she went back to her sources to get 100% confirmation before publicly disagreeing with him.

LordKano

Emily Rogers is the heroine from the prophecy. She must fight the Evil Lord Kimishima to get back the sacred item : the tweet announcing the NX Reveal Event.

maxcriden

You mean the reveal itself in the form of PR? Yeah, that's certainly true. Would be a bit odd...though that's technically how they "announced" the 3DS, though I wouldn't consider that a "reveal"

yep, that's what I meant. Depends how much info is in PR or a video, as to whether it's qualify as a reveal. We shall see soon enough! :)

cyba89

Emily just dropped the gauntlet on Serkan Toto. https://twitter.com/ArcadeGirl64/status/788447956823224322

giphy.gif

Leizt

Neo Member
He himself stated his source on the NX bit isn't entirely solid though.

Damn, I want to believe. I want to think Emily is right, I thought my hype had died but now it's broke the ceiling. I'm never gonna catch up on Inktober drawings dangnabit

Truth... I really hope he is not right this time cuz I CAN NOT WAIT...

I have a feeling that we can get news at any minute now... its killing me...

*opens twitter one more time*

Hope Emily is right, I imagine we're guaranteed for NX info by next week so saying "this week" is quite the risk and she'll get a ton of shit from the usual suspects and they'll champion how it's not a hybrid because she was wrong about the date.

Well I guess we'll see if she's right before too long. I'm pretty surprised that they want to do an actual reveal either with no notice or at the end of a week but I guess in the grand scheme of things it doesn't make much of a difference.

Time to be hopeful!

Retrobox

Man the hype is back on again. I was prepared to go to bed thinking nothing in particular but I guess that's not happening with Emily going all in lol.

Just saw this and wanted to reply to it also, just to clarify I don't believe she has as of yet promised a full reveal for this or next week.

She replied to his tweet which said he didn't think a reveal would be coming, which means her reply indicates she thinks it is.

Only thing in question is how much of a reveal, but it seems clear she thinks they'll unveil the system, versus just announcing a Direct or something

Roo

Well.. this will make or break Emily so good luck to her.
Hope she's right cuz if she's not people will go ballistic on her lol

doop_

Banned
I would be perfect satisfied with just an Announcement of the reveal date, we have come this far so waiting a week or two wouldn't hurt. On another note, do you think Emily and Nate are so confident because press invites have been sent out ?

maxcriden

I would be perfect satisfied with just an Announcement of the reveal date, we have come this far waiting a week or two wouldn't hurt. On another note, do you think Emily and Nate are so confident because press invites have been sent out ?

Could be.

Hope Emily is right, I imagine we're guaranteed for NX info by next week so saying "this week" is quite the risk and she'll get a ton of shit from the usual suspects and they'll champion how it's not a hybrid because she was wrong about the date.

Well, to be fair, "next week" could easily be a guess without any insider knowledge, so doubling down on this week actually puts some skin in the fight.

And if it's totally wrong, well, that's the reality of claiming to know something when you really don't. It would rightfully cast the rest of the information into doubt if she was the core source.

LordKano

I would be perfect satisfied with just an Announcement of the reveal date, we have come this far so waiting a week or two wouldn't hurt. On another note, do you think Emily and Nate are so confident because press invites have been sent out ?

If it's coming this week, I doubt a press event is being held the same week. Even with the most powerful NDA ever made, this would have already leaked.

maxcriden

She replied to his tweet which said he didn't think a reveal would be coming, which means her reply indicates she thinks it is.

Only thing in question is how much of a reveal, but it seems clear she thinks they'll unveil the system, versus just announcing a Direct or something

Oh, I agree. Sorry to be unclear. The word 'full' was the only part of your post I was addressing, and it sounds like we agree on that.

jmizzal

If it's coming this week, I doubt a press event is being held the same week. Even with the most powerful NDA ever made, this would have already leaked.

Yea but the press prob already know they are getting info, so they can have it ready to post, Toto is not in the gaming website press so he wouldnt know for sure, where as a lot of gaming site press have not said anything because they are under NDA.

The main issue I have with Emily's tweet right now has nothing to do with my faith or lack thereof in the reliability of her info. However, I now worry that it's just going to make this thread even more insufferable in terms of countdowns as people are sure that legitimate news is imminent. I kind of feel like we were just getting back to more laid back expectations of "news next week; may just be announcement of announcement."

But nope. Now we're going full on back into the REVEAL THIS WEEK!!!!!! HYPE!!!!!!!!!! cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom