• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NX Prediction / BSpeculation / Fanxiety Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah usually I don't come into NX threads because there's just no fuel for my hype engine usually but I'm feeling good about this week.

Either I'll get NX news or someone's reputation will be obliterated so it's fine

Banned
The main issue I have with Emily's tweet right now has nothing to do with my faith or lack thereof in the reliability of her info. However, I now worry that it's just going to make this thread even more insufferable in terms of countdowns as people are sure that legitimate news is imminent. I kind of feel like we were just getting back to more laid back expectations of "news next week; may just be announcement of announcement."

But nope. Now we're going full on back into the REVEAL THIS WEEK!!!!!! HYPE!!!!!!!!!! cycle.
There's no going back now. Nintendo hardware reveals have this effect on people. Believe it or not this nx speculation is more tame then the Wii U ones.

Gaf I am ascending
tumblr_mt4w47T6v71s6pzz9o1_r1_250.gif

sinxtanx

I could see a reveal of the console (shrouded in shadow) and the name this week with a countdown to juicy details next week.

That way, Nintendo can reveal it twice and nobody is wrong

sphinx

the piano man
The main issue I have with Emily's tweet right now has nothing to do with my faith or lack thereof in the reliability of her info. However, I now worry that it's just going to make this thread even more insufferable in terms of countdowns as people are sure that legitimate news is imminent. I kind of feel like we were just getting back to more laid back expectations of "news next week; may just be announcement of announcement."

But nope. Now we're going full on back into the REVEAL THIS WEEK!!!!!! HYPE!!!!!!!!!! cycle.

I have to agree that Emily likes to stir the pot.... she, all by herself and her one liners on tweeter have produced like 2000 of all the posts in this thread and now she's like "NEWS IMMINENT! ANY SECOND!"

that is driving people crazy.

I think this is her chance to prove herself, her tweets are so straightforward that if nothing happens, I think there should be consequences for her here on GAF.

Oregano

So tempted to quote your tag at you right now...

TBH though I appreciate this most recent tweet a lot more because the others are vague and there's always the chance it could be "Something changed" or "I never specifically said x".

It's either happening or not at this point.

It's silly to countdown or try to predict the exact second something will happen.

I just want to know the name. Wonder if it's going to be another "Wii". Meaning something bizarre and weird but just so Nintendo, not a "Wii 3" or anything.

AgeEighty

The real question is, once NX is revealed, will it actually be something that merits the secrecy?

Something tells me it's not going to be something Sony or Microsoft would have copied even if they knew all about it early.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I'm just scared she's gonna get torn to shreds if she turns out wrong about this, with her Twitter account being public again.

NateDrake

Nate Drake also hasn't posted in a while, since these tweets began...

Cue Nate Drake quoting with "hello"

Sure sounds like an announcement of a reveal date this week, with the reveal coming shortly before the investor meeting on the 26th. Maybe next Monday?

Hello.

I'm just scared she's gonna get torn to shreds if she turns out wrong about this, with her Twitter account being public again.

I'm honestly concerned about this. I have no doubt Emily believes what she's heard is true--and hopefully it is! But plans can change, and some are going to be merciless if nothing happens this week =/

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Well, if she wants to prove her status as a leaker, putting herself out there like this is a solid way of doing it. Though I totally expect if she gets 90% of the stuff right and there are a few details wrong, people are going to focus on those specific things or say she just copied everyone else. I'm not sure she can win...

If things go bad, she can just set her account to private again and block the people who are causing trouble.

maxcriden

I'm honestly concerned about this. I have no doubt Emily believes what she's heard is true--and hopefully it is! But plans can change, and some are going to be merciless if nothing happens this week =/

Agreed. I think I saw someone once say in here that there are probably some more people than we sometimes think that have been privy to inside information, but that they don't have this with anyone beyond a few trusted persons, because they want the information to keep coming, and because dates and such are changeable and they don't want to risk their reputation. That line of thinking makes a lot of sense to me. It's always impressive that Emily is putting herself out there like this, even more so with the latest tweet. (It's also similarly impressive with other GAF insiders who are willing to publicly share information.)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
You guys should read Fear and Trembling by Kierkegaard.

His concepts of the Knight of Faith and the Knight of Infinite Resignation are neatly actualized in this thread!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Well there are less than 2 weeks (14 days) in the month so if it's gonna happen before the Holidays start I don't think you need to be a soothsayer to say info will come within the next few weeks.

Leizt

Neo Member

And she just let her account public for this two weeks she is confident I call tell you this...

I think she has contacts inside the group that works with the editing for Nintendo Directs she once said that the E3 presentation would be all fillers and we had 15 minutes of the already released Yoshi Wooly World.

flattie

I have to agree that Emily likes to stir the pot.... she, all by herself and her one liners on tweeter have produced like 2000 of all the posts in this thread and now she's like "NEWS IMMINENT! ANY SECOND!"

that is driving people crazy.

I think this is her chance to prove herself, her tweets are so straightforward that if nothing happens, I think there should be consequences for her here on GAF.

Consequences? Seriously. If you lot are stupid enough to do anything other than take everything with a hefty dose of salt until Nintendo make it official, then you deserve to be led around the block a few times.

Blood and fucking sand.

EVH

Hello Nate,

Can you answer two questions to us?
When you implied in twitter that the reveal is soon, did you mean this week? Did you do it because you got it from your source or because you read it in Emily's twitter?

Do yo have any idea about the real name of the machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom