• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Crossdressing and Drag Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Luigi shaved off his (incredible) mustache, I don't think I'd be able to clock him.
:p

Edit:
His dress is "man short" though, so that might tip me off. lol

Kater

Banned
So I've went to "the other" section of a few stores today but to my disappointment they didn't have any clothing that I want. Oh well, at least I got so far as to go into the women section.

Also, I've noticed that not all to many crossdressers or drag queens wear casual clothes after searching the internet (tumblr, pinterest, Google Image Search). Huh. Feels like I'm the odd one out with the style I'm interested in. :D

Reeks

Genderfuck Drag: I didn't realize there was a name for it! I typically wear a mix of men's and women's clothes. Recently, I've been in love with rocking a mustache in full makeup. This thread makes me so happy!!

Reeks

Okay, so this was my first mustache I fashioned with eyelashes (don't judge me too harshly, I'm a newbie). I have a better mustache that I just got... hopefully it looks more realistic. Does anyone know where to get a really good mustache? I don't like the way spirit gum + wool looks, but maybe I need to mess around with it more..

So I've went to "the other" section of a few stores today but to my disappointment they didn't have any clothing that I want. Oh well, at least I got so far as to go into the women section.

Also, I've noticed that not all to many crossdressers or drag queens wear casual clothes after searching the internet (tumblr, pinterest, Google Image Search). Huh. Feels like I'm the odd one out with the style I'm interested in. :D
Eeh, I'd guess there's a difference between what images are popular, get shared and get posted and what gets worn more often.

Reeks

Do your own thing then! That's what this is all really about: feeling good and having fun. Work it.

Kater

Banned
Okay, so this was my first mustache I fashioned with eyelashes (don't judge me too harshly, I'm a newbie). I have a better mustache that I just got... hopefully it looks more realistic. Does anyone know where to get a really good mustache? I don't like the way spirit gum + wool looks, but maybe I need to mess around with it more..

Link : Image
Hello and welcome!

And your first try looks better than anything I could come up with by the way. :)

Do your own thing then! That's what this is all really about: feeling good and having fun. Work it.
You are right. Thank you for your motivational words!

Eeh, I'd guess there's a difference between what images are popular, get shared and get posted and what gets worn more often.
Probably. It would just be easier to figure out what fits me by seeing other people wearing similar clothes.

MR4001

Reeks, you must get this:

Vvg5s6r.jpg

And then get a bent billiard:

OYC4gPw.jpg

Perfect!

Reeks

Hello and welcome!

And your first try looks better than anything I could come up with by the way. :)
You are right. Thank you for your motivational words!

Yay I'm excited about this thread :). Can you describe the look you're going for in more detail?

Reeks, you must get this:

Ohhh the H. H. Holmes is nice! I want a Vincent Price thin stache (for now), so I ordered these:
yhst-50296419239695_2273_30202988

yhst-50296419239695_2273_30191026

I'm not quite sure about the quality of these. We'll see. Maybe I can find someone who will make a custom stache; afterall, I am in LA.

It makes a lot of sense that queens don't' generally wear casual clothing; glamour and elegance is just the nature of "drag culture" (even in the skag/bear, and pure camp styles)
However, it definitely does seem like many MtF CD's have clothing taste that falls more towards the evening/elegance/glamour side of the women's clothing scale.
I guess a good number of CDs are big fans of unmistakably girly/"hyper-feminine" clothing/accessories/makeup (Heels, acrylic nails, short sparkly dresses, etc.) because many of them don't get to fully express their femininity in their everyday lives, especially if they happen to be straight.
Even queer MtF CDs are generally not all dolled up/en femme when they express their femininity, I imagine the reason for this is due to the stigmas that come from both the straight world and gay/bi male community in regards to effeminacy.
Also, many of us probably tend to be hyper-feminine because we generally have to hide some of our more prominent secondary sexual characteristics; fishy/convincing CDs tend to run into a lot less trouble out in public.

I personally find being hyper feminine en femme to be incredibly liberating and empowering.

Kater

Banned
Yay I'm excited about this thread :). Can you describe the look you're going for in more detail?
I can't really describe it all that well but I can post some pictures of what I really like, fashion-wise.
(without the shoes though, I don't like to make all too much noise when I walk)

This is what I'm tending towards. :)

It makes a lot of sense that queens don't' generally wear casual clothing; glamour and elegance is just the nature of "drag culture" (even in the skag/bear, and pure camp styles)
However, it definitely does seem like many MtF CD's have clothing taste that falls more towards the evening/elegance/glamour side of the women's clothing scale.
I guess a good number of CDs are big fans of unmistakably girly/"hyper-feminine" clothing/accessories/makeup (Heels, acrylic nails, short sparkly dresses, etc.) because many of them don't get to fully express their femininity in their everyday lives, especially if they happen to be straight; I guess when you can't always do it you tend to go big.
Even queer MtF CDs are generally not all dolled up/en femme when they express their femininity, I imagine that most of it is due to the stigmas that come from both the straight world and gay/bi male community.

I personally find being hyper feminine en femme to be incredibly liberating and empowering.
That's what I suspected already. (Because of Paris is Burning which was a good start for getting to know the culture by the way).

Thanks for the explanation!

I still have a lot to learn about all this, it's a whole new world for me. :D

Reeks

I can't really describe it all that well but I can post some pictures of what I really like, fashion-wise.

(without the shoes though, I don't like to make all too much noise when I walk)

This is what I'm tending towards. :)

The first look is banging... reminds me of Andrej Pejić.

andrej-pejic-2.jpg

Andrej-Pejic-The-Model-Wall-Ftape_02.jpg

I hate heels, too- all boots for me. But if you ever do wear heels and want to quiet them a little, when you step, use you calves muscles to support your legs and try to walk toe-to-heel. This will help with the clunking and give your legs a sexy line.

Pete Rock

One of my good cross-dressing friends wears something similar to the first shot you posted. Low cropped womens shorts of a similar length - short, just past the crotch, but hanging from the hips and not the waist. Button up shirt that goes past them, untucked. Thigh high transparent black stockings, black leg warmers up to the knees and black combat boots. If the shirt is buttoned up down the middle, it looks like he doesn't have any undergarments on whatsoever. He has really long legs compared to his torso though, so it just looks perfectly sexy. Certified head turner.

That's why you move to somewhere like California where we laugh at the idea of winter!
I am consistently reminded of this fact every time I visit Vegas or San Diego! Aughhh!

I feel this way. Anything that deviates from pyjamas is unnatural.
Hey, close enough. If you feel liberated and happy that's all that matters.

The pic doesn't show up for me. :(
Bridget Guilty Gear

commedieu

Banned

nice...

Can't wait to see you get better at your craft.. Lovely hair too.

dock

I came out as an occasional crossdresser to a bunch of friends recently (here's my favourite recent pic).
I'm torn on whether to dress up at geeky events and comic expos. I could do crossplay, or some sort of geeky costume or uniform. I'm tall and broad, however, so there's no way I can pass.

I've pushed through all the fears and nerves of browsing in shops. Shop staff generally don't care, and customers assume you're shopping for your other half. When I was first getting into this I found that it was easier to look 'annoyed and bored', which emphasises that you're not enjoying it too much.

Kater

Banned
The first look is banging... reminds me of Andrej Pejić.

I hate heels, too- all boots for me. But if you ever do wear heels and want to quiet them a little, when you step, use you calves muscles to support your legs and try to walk toe-to-heel. This will help with the clunking and give your legs a sexy line.
I love the colourful jacket in the second picture. And in general, she is definitely rocking these clothes.

About shoes, I would probably just buy some sneakers/boots for autumn and winter.

These here look really cute.
tumblr_nav37jFN8Z1shvhlao1_500.jpg

(´▽`ʃƪ)♡
One of my good cross-dressing friends wears something similar to the first shot you posted. Low cropped womens shorts of a similar length - short, just past the crotch, but hanging from the hips and not the waist. Button up shirt that goes past them, untucked. Thigh high transparent black stockings, black leg warmers up to the knees and black combat boots. If the shirt is buttoned up down the middle, it looks like he doesn't have any undergarments on whatsoever. He has really long legs compared to his torso though, so it just looks perfectly sexy. Certified head turner.
tumblr_m3zo61pgwy1qzflvx.png

Probably looks like this when you say that he is such a head turner.

But seriously, that's a good story. I wish people around here were more welcoming but we are basically in the stone age when it comes to acceptance and tolerance here in this part of Europe. I personally could only go as far as to put on lipstick and go out. But one day, one day! Haha
I never played the game so I didn't even know the character. Then I read up on Bridget for a bit. The outfit is really awesome. And you are still thinking about cosplaying Bridget?

I came out as an occasional crossdresser to a bunch of friends recently (here's my favourite recent pic).
I'm torn on whether to dress up at geeky events and comic expos. I could do crossplay, or some sort of geeky costume or uniform. I'm tall and broad, however, so there's no way I can pass.

I've pushed through all the fears and nerves of browsing in shops. Shop staff generally don't care, and customers assume you're shopping for your other half. When I was first getting into this I found that it was easier to look 'annoyed and bored', which emphasises that you're not enjoying it too much.
That looks fan-fabulous (fantastic & fabulous), nice job dock!

I've made the same discovery. But I've noticed the odd look here and there since I bought my 4th lipstick and some other makeup stuff today and I think they already may suspect a thing or two about me, haha.

That's awesome, and great pic! I've done cross play at cons before, did Ramona Flowers. That was great fun. Been a while, should do it again sometime.

dock

That's awesome, and great pic! I've done cross play at cons before, did Ramona Flowers. That was great fun. Been a while, should do it again sometime.
There's a comics/geeky exhibition next month, so I'm half tempted to dress up on the Sunday (when it's quieter). I wonder what outfit I could wear that wouldn't be too uncomfortable. I tend to wear a lot of padding for the right figure, as well as wig and plenty of makeup.

she isssssss

she also lives in my city *____*

... or used to ?

aaaaaaaaaaaa she's just beautiful *____*

Lol
I'd be so jealous if I lived anywhere near her.

Oooo gurl, You look so pretty!
Also, welcome to the thread!
:)

Edit:
These here look really cute.
tumblr_nav37jFN8Z1shvhlao1_500.jpg

(´▽`ʃƪ)♡

Lol
I want to hug your emoticons Gato.
Also, yeah those shoes are super adorbs; I'd totally buy a pair.

Kater

Banned
Edit:
Lol
I want to hug your emoticons Gato.
Also, yeah those shoes are super adorbs; I'd totally buy a pair.
They are. I found a similar pair of boots (for €90) in a store today but I'm a little bit short on money at the moment. I've bought some girly pants though. Really comfy ones. Maybe I make some photos of me wearing them sometime. (*ノωノ)

Oh, and the Kaomojis I use are from this site here.

Thank-you!

You're welcome! You really do look great in that pic.

I'm trying to balance being a crossdresser into my life with friends, but without it getting to my workplace or family. That's the hardest part.

Not that all CDs like to frequently dress but (if you don't mind me asking) do you feel that your family, coworkers, and boss/bosses would be uncomfortable with your dressing?
I'd personally love to be able to switch up everyday or so (like three days I'm in drab, two days I'm en femme, etc.)...but I don't think I can try that until I'm completely confident with myself, and I'm living on my own. Despite being out on GAF...I'm pretty quiet about my dressing when it comes to friends, family, and school.

They are. I found a similar pair of boots (for €90) in a store today but I'm a little bit short on money at the moment. I've bought some girly pants though. Really comfy ones. Maybe I make some photos of me wearing them sometime. (*ノωノ)

Oh, and the Kaomojis I use are from this site here.

That would be great!

Also speaking of outfits:

435d5405d83047e22602f3419455496e.jpg

Also, saw this on pinterest. I seriously adore this look, she looks so casual yet so glamorous; I think I'm gonna try to put together a similar look (hair, skirt, top, shoes, makeup, purse) if I can.

dock

Not that all CDs like to frequently dress but (if you don't mind me asking) do you feel that your family, coworkers, and boss/bosses would be uncomfortable with your dressing?
I'd personally love to be able to switch up everyday or so (like three days I'm in drab, two days I'm en femme, etc.)...but I don't think I can try that until I'm completely confident with myself, and I'm living on my own. Despite being out on GAF...I'm pretty quiet about my dressing when it comes to friends, family, and school.
Yeah, that would be nice! The hardest part for me is that I don't think I'm remotely passable until I do the padding, wig, etc, and at that point it becomes a bit more like costume than just fashion.

It would have been nice to be born with a androgynous body shape, height, etc, but we don't get to choose these things. Bearing that in mind, the best compromise I can think of is to start wearing make-up in the evenings more often. Even then, false lashes would probably be the 'tipping point' between male and female 'mode'.

Does anyone else have trouble with the gap between male and female looks?

Guilty as charged. If I was slim/girly enough I like to think I'd be more comfortable wearing something middle ground, but right now my look tends to rely on an abundance of feminine 'cues' to mask the problem areas (wide shoulders, height, jawline, etc)

So I'm quite lucky on that's the sort of figure I have, slim, long hair for a guy and occasionally mistaken in public for being female. But what I wear day to day? Normal jeans, T-shirt, jacket, hardly anything form fitting or feminine. I don't know why, I just keep the two styles quite separate. I like pockets too much to go for skinny jeans, more than I'd like having clothes that were in my other style more often. :p

Reeks

Work. You look great!

Yeah, that would be nice! The hardest part for me is that I don't think I'm remotely passable until I do the padding, wig, etc, and at that point it becomes a bit more like costume than just fashion.

That's definitely not an uncommon way for some dressers and even drag queens to feel about padding.
Padding was basically designed to fake a feminine shape (emphasis on "fake"), and it's easy to see why it can feel like it's part of some sort of "female costume" rather than the dresser or queen themselves (Plus, it can just be plain uncomfortable for some people)
Personally, I'm in the camp that thinks of padding as just another form of underwear that has the added benefit of making me look like Jessica Rabbit.

Edit: The same goes for wigs, I just think of them as very pretty accessories (like rings, earrings, etc.)

It would have been nice to be born with a androgynous body shape, height, etc, but we don't get to choose these things.

I know how you feel on that front. I seriously admire and envy the Courtney Acts/Jade Jolies/Tatiannas (the three fishy drag queens I posted in the OP) of the world. They all have those gorgeous girly faces and slim wispy bodies that help them look super feminine/passable with or without padding.

I just want to say how sad is that I never saw a Bayonetta inspired Drag Queen

lol
It really does seem like she was designed by an artistically talented DQ, I'm kind of surprised I haven't seen any DQs dress up as her. A lot of boys totally have the legs for it.

Edit:
Another example of an outfit that I need to put together, asap
e9da88fc9b605b08df643ad3498f59a7.jpg

The lace top, the pointed toe pumps, the high waist skirt...goodness, hold me I'm shaking.

Kater

Banned
Now I want to see that outfit on you, MisterGrey. :)

I love the pattern in the sleeves. :3
Guilty as charged. If I was slim/girly enough I like to think I'd be more comfortable wearing something middle ground, but right now my look tends to rely on an abundance of feminine 'cues' to mask the problem areas (wide shoulders, height, jawline, etc)
I have slighty broader shoulders than the average girl. It's a bit of a hassle but I found some top today that fits me pretty nicely. (I still have to flatten that slight belly bump though. :/

Are there professional drag queens that do dress up as video game character?

Now I want to see that outfit on you, MisterGrey. :)

Hehehe
I need to lose about 30 more pounds before I could rock something like that. A cincher won't be enough.

Are there professional drag queens that do dress up as video game character?

I know some queens like video games (Pandora Boxx and Jade Jolie both come to mind), but I don't usually see them dressing up as VG characters.

Edit:
Also, Nails!
I need these nails right this moment.

Fine, I'll stick it on my todo list. :p

I have slighty broader shoulders than the average girl. It's a bit of a hassle but I found some top today that fits me pretty nicely. (I still have to flatten that slight belly bump though. :/

What sort of style top?

On that note - what sort of stuff have people bought recently? One of the great things about university and the years round it were an abundance of fancy dress parties, with new outfits. Lots of fun.

Omg...

Alyssa Edwards (a very entertaining southern pageant queen, for those who don't know) looks perfect in these pictures!
I wanna look like this T.T
#saltwaterfishrealness

Edit: I should also add #peanutbutterlegs

Kater

Banned
^ w(°°)w

You're right!

364px-PandoraBoxx.jpg

Pandora should put more of her nerdy side into her drag.
The same goes for Jade.

That's pretty well done. :3

That Vorpal Blade looks cheap though. :/

Fine, I'll stick it on my todo list. :p

What sort of style top?

On that note - what sort of stuff have people bought recently? One of the great things about university and the years round it were an abundance of fancy dress parties, with new outfits. Lots of fun.
Kimono top (is that the right term? I'm not all to fashion-savvy).
ir9kae-l-610x610-blouse-cardigan-shorts-top-tank-top-crop-tops-pink-peach-cutout-silk-tumblr-tumblr-girl-tumblr-clothes-tumblr-shorts-pretty-grunge-hipster-jacket-komodo-denim-high-waisted-denim-sh.jpg

Not as long as this in size though, but the primary colour is almost the same, flower pattern is also there but different ones. I'm still trying to find something to wear under the Kimono. If I'm happy with the result I may post some photos, I wonder how though, with only a 3DS XL as a camera, haha. (No phone)

That's pretty well done. :3

That Vorpal Blade looks cheap though. :/

lol
No Tea No Shade, the weapon she's holding does look quite cheap (like plastic toy cheap)
It kind of knocks the quality of her outfit down a bit, but Pandy did her best so I'm not gonna rag on her for a small thing like that.

Cyberius

In the last month or so I decided to experiment a little more with cross dressing. I've always liked wearing tights and I started looking around for shoes and skirts/shorts to go with them. Just basic stuff. And it is hard trying to get shoes especially that fit when you're a bit over six feet.

The skirt I got is fine, though. Actually a little longer than I would have liked, but easy to wear and super fun.

In the last month or so I decided to experiment a little more with cross dressing. I've always liked wearing tights and I started looking around for shoes and skirts/shorts to go with them. Just basic stuff. And it is hard trying to get shoes especially that fit when you're a bit over six feet.

The skirt I got is fine, though. Actually a little longer than I would have liked, but easy to wear and super fun.

Welcome to the thread, friend!
:)
Yeah, shoes are bit of a pain sometimes.
I'm basically a 12 in women's shoes, but I find myself mostly buying 11s and 10s.
Yeah...they pinch a bit (Especially the size 10s) and I'm sure my feet will probably be royally screwed, but...I need cute shoes goddamnit! T.T
Plus, they're not incredibly uncomfortable or hard to get into thanks to lotion (Ancient Crossdresser Secret #1)

Edit: The lotion trick works best with closed toe and peep toe stuff...I wouldn't recommend doing it with sandals, you'll look like a complete booger. lol
Also speaking of shoes, I forgot to add the custom women's shoes store that I found out about to the OP. It's called "Shoes of Prey".

Edit: This outfit needs to be in my closet, RIGHT NOW!
f41af5b587f1786f7cb8f746c4567cf8.jpg
]
I love that bow; I wanna look like a pretty present. :3

Thread bump for Miss Laganja Estranja and her fishy fierceness
tumblr_nbwx01yImy1r771c7o1_500.jpg

Say what you will about her RPDR-fans, but she is an absolutely gorgeous queen.
Her instagram and tumblr are both full of great looks.

Even though I have my own place, I haven't dressed up properly for sooo long. Like three months long... I need to get back on it sometime :)

I really need to watch that show at some point. (Ru Pauls Drag Race)

You should definitely check it out; it's one of the very few good "reality" tv shows. It's a great/lazy way to learn about queens without having to get up and go to a club.

That's such a cute piece of clothing. :D

Isn't it?
It's so elegant looking.
UuU

Even though I have my own place, I haven't dressed up properly for sooo long. Like three months long... I need to get back on it sometime :)

Oh goodness, if I had my own place I'd be prancing around en femme almost every day singing "I'm every woman".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom