• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The order 1886: 40 minutes gameplay presentation for the press tomorrow !

Status
Not open for further replies.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Will this be the same as the other closed door demo where they just showed a tech demo of the physics and stuff?

DieH@rd

Banned
I dont think that this presentation would leak. We have minimal leaks from the 45min Witcher 3 presentation that everyone raved about.

In a week or two NDA will fall, and we will get new round of previews, this time with the descriptions of gameplay, possibly with video B-roll.

Will this be the same as the other closed door demo where they just showed a tech demo of the physics and stuff?

Physics was showcased in the "white room" test area. This will most surely be set in gameworld.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
40 minutes? WOW! They're not shy of showing off their goods! I would have assumed they would save this for GDC.
It doesn't necessarily mean 40 minutes of gameplay, half of that could be tech talk and showing engine stuff.

Leak it all over my face.

It's not sticky enough.

I like how these two are adjacent and posted within a minute of each other.

JmP3SNK.gif

This is wonderful.

I really wish they'd do a cool presentation video and release it to the public to see rather than some closed press presentation. I really have very little interest in reading anything from them.

They'll probably show footage at the Destination Playstation event later this month, from the 25th Feb. I guess we'll see footage for this, Driveclub and Infamous, and maybe a new game reveal or more for a game we don't know much about, like Helldivers or Shadow of the Beast. I reckon Sony are also in for a cracking E3 too.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It doesn't necessarily mean 40 minutes of gameplay, half of that could be tech talk and showing engine stuff.

Press theater demos are pretty common and usually 20 minutes to an hour of actual gamplay. It's probably 40 minutes of game but skipping around to different areas to show different types of gameplay and settings. Stuff shown to the public is usually one area.

Loomba

Will we actually see anything though? Even half of that time to watch in game would be absolutely glorious.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Why would you guys wanna see footage filmed with a camera phone? :\ I'd rather wait. Destination Playstation is just around the corner.

SJRB

Gold Member
For the press, huh. Who gives a fuck. Put that online for the gamers. You know, people who bought the console and stuff, wanting to play the game and stuff. Or just see what this game even is would be nice.

exactly what I was going to say.

Also LOL at how many people posted their excitement and then edited in their disappointment when they realized it was a closed event.

viveks86

Could this be why they were crunching all of last week and "burning the midnight oil"? Getting ready for the press? Last minute spit and shine?

Why would you guys wanna see footage filmed with a camera phone? :\ I'd rather wait. Destination Playstation is just around the corner.

#ThirstIsReal. Anything will do at this point :D

DieH@rd

Banned
Will we actually see anything though? Even half of that time to watch in game would be absolutely glorious.

Most probably we will get simmilar press coverage like Alien Isolation got. Journos went to see the game, played it for 15min, talked to the devs afterward, and then created previews.

I am expecting video impressions (with Sony-provided B-Roll footage), written previews and screenshots.

Derrick01

Banned
Can't wait to see all the disappointed reactions when it's shown to be just another shooter.

edit: For the press only? Hopefully someone leaks it. Why are these guys so scared of showing gameplay?

Jonboy

I have a hunch Moriarty from IGN already played it. Could be anything, of course. But the timing just seems right.

Screenshot_2014_02_03_12_56_06.png

Well at least we'll finally get some new information on it, and maybe a trailer. That'll be good enough until a full unveiling at E3.

luca_29_bg

Most probably we will get simmilar press coverage like Alien Isolation got. Journos went to see the game, played it for 15min, talked to the devs afterward, and then created previews.

I am expecting video impressions (with Sony-provided B-Roll footage), written previews and screenshots.

i really hope will be the case!

daveo42

Banned
Can't wait to see all the disappointed reactions when it's shown to be just another shooter.

edit: For the press only? Hopefully someone leaks it. Why are these guys so scared of showing gameplay?

Ask Sony. They seem to be the ones in control of what is shown to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom