• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The order 1886: 40 minutes gameplay presentation for the press tomorrow !

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Can't wait to see all the disappointed reactions when it's shown to be just another shooter.

edit: For the press only? Hopefully someone leaks it. Why are these guys so scared of showing gameplay?
RAD has wanted to show the game for a while. Sony's just held off until now for some reason. They've even got a couple trailers banked that haven't gotten released.

Mifune

Mehmber
To the people upset that this is for the press and not the gamers: Welcome to your first day following the world of video games. Please stay a while.

Q3qe5he.png

You just know those jaded fucks will be whinging in podcasts about the inconvenience of having to travel there

HeelPower

Holyshit...What's the occasion for THAT kind of presentation ?

Will it be shown to public ?

EDIT : Excitement level diminished :( Not for public ?

x-Lundz-x

Like others saw thread title and screamed then realized press only. Booooo

Still maybe it means we can get some press previews this month.

Salex_

Ask Sony. They seem to be the ones in control of what is shown to the public.

It's a damn shame that so many people on NeoGAF can't understand this. They really believe that the developers can walk around and show off everything without the marketing team's final decision. They aren't indie developers.

This is why we haven't seen a single thing from Sunset Overdrive besides the CG trailer and the game is apparently coming out this year.

RulkezX

To the people upset that this is for the press and not the gamers: Welcome to your first day following the world of video games. Please stay a while.

Shouldn't be a surprise, but it is disappointing. Especially given the uneasy relationship between the enthusiast press and gamers at the moment.

SJRB

Gold Member
Is this post serious?

The press reviews/impressions are what are going to sink or sell their game to the masses.

Pretty sure a 40-minute video on youtube would do more than some asshole describing it to me through an article. Nobody cares about the opinion of a journalist, people want to see the game.

In a way is always a tricky proposition to show the games to us as people will start overreacting for every little detail (graphics/gameplay) and blowing things out of proportion for an in progress software. However, it's time Sony. Show us the game.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Is this post serious?

The press reviews/impressions are what are going to sink or sell their game to the masses.

Not really Sony has really screwed up the Marketing on almost every exclusive in the PS3 days outside of uncharted and TLoU. Guess what they showed gamers lots of early footage of those games to build up hype extremely early. This being ultra secretive about the game does nothing for Sony. They just don't get it they should be building up the hype now getting it on peoples wish lists in a crowded holiday season. Not show it last second then wonder why it did not sell worth a shit.

In the age of such widespread internet access, the divide between press and public is becoming more and more pointless and artificial, no?

Derrick01

Banned
RAD has wanted to show the game for a while. Sony's just held off until now for some reason. They've even got a couple trailers banked that haven't gotten released.

Alright, so why is Sony so scared of showing the game? I have to say their handling of most PS4 stuff has been abysmal since the system launched. They're too comfortable with everything selling on pure internet hype.

bidguy

Banned
Is this post serious?

yeah im sure the reviews/impressions would be negative if the devs would release the gameplay to the public instead of showing it to devs in a controlled environment...

Mifune

Mehmber
Not really Sony has really screwed up the Marketing on almost every exclusive in the PS3 days outside of uncharted and TLoU. Guess what they showed gamers lots of early footage of those games to build up hype extremely early. This being ultra secretive about the game does nothing for Sony. They just don't get it they should be building up the hype now getting it on peoples wish lists in a crowded holiday season. Not show it last second then wonder why it did not sell worth a shit.

Yes they'd better hurry because the crowded holiday season is right around the corner. In reverse.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Alright, so why is Sony so scared of showing the game? I have to say their handling of most PS4 stuff has been abysmal since the system launched. They're too comfortable with everything selling on pure internet hype.

That's a real good question and I want to know the answer as well. All of their devs have gotten a muzzle placed on them and can only talk about the same things in interviews. They really need to let their teams talk.

I'm sure Evo, RAD, and probably even Sucker Punch want to show more than they've been able to. My best guess is the Sony wants to avoid situations like KZ and DC at E3 where they looked like crap compared to where they are now.

Quentyn

Bungie is also in London. It is possible that they show Destiny at the same event, or it could be just a coincidence.

Maybe they're thinking a media blitz near Titanfall's launch will lower it's hype and raise the Orders'. Not likely what they're thinking, but it's fun to speculate.

They might have also delayed reveals to prevent the Watch Dogs effect. Blow your wad too soon and people lose interest over time.

SJRB

Gold Member

Abysmal, huh. What happened the last two months that they should've been "handling"? Their next game isn't even coming out for another 1.5 months.

It's a long year.

v1lla21

Hmm, well can we at least expect some preview in the following weeks? Maybe they won't release gameplay straight up to consumers but we'll get a glimpse of the game in previews by the press.

daveo42

Banned
It's a damn shame that so many people on NeoGAF can't understand this. They really believe that the developers can walk around and show off everything without the marketing team's final decision. They aren't indie developers.

This is why we haven't seen a single thing from Sunset Overdrive besides the CG trailer and the game is apparently coming out this year.

It's good that Sony's marketing team has a hold on what is and isn't released to the public, but I think the hold they have on it is a bit too tight.

Edit: It seems like the marketing teams want these games to be damn near perfect when they are shown off to the public. I think this is what is causing the delays in getting new shots and info, but it's just speculation.

injurai

Banned

The probably want a spike of interest shortly before the release. I don't think slow trickles really muster up enough hype these days. [See Watchdogs]

RulkezX

Is this post serious?

I can think of more games that became huge off the back of trailers and word of mouth hype then I can games that became popular because someone like Gies told me it was The Greatest Thing Ever (for the duration of the week our site has the game as advertising)

Both Sony and MS have been ridiculously quiet on their lineups , see : Lack of Titanfall info, SO info , Sony's first party lineup for 2014 etc.

I got excited by the title, then I reread it and saw it's for the press.

Yay for the press...

No. I am tired of this fucking shit, much like Witcher 3's apparent epic gameplay presentation journos got to witness... If it's good enough for press to jizz over then it's good enough for gamers to watch.

bombshell

They need some ammunition in March to take away attention from Titanfall.

DieH@rd

Banned
Can't wait to see all the disappointed reactions when it's shown to be just another shooter.

edit: For the press only? Hopefully someone leaks it. Why are these guys so scared of showing gameplay?

There is nothing they should be scared off. They most probably know that almost every console they create is instantly sold, so they have delayed press for all upcoming games so that they can create better PR momentum when sales slow down.

hate this shit
why show it to the press and not to us gamers who actually care about this

Demos shown to press are often not suitable for public consumption. Journalist will listen and respect when dev describes that something is not finished, but 80% of gaffers will scream for bloody murder of they notice that something is wrong with the game, when some assets are unfinished [unintuitive test UI, test character voice-overs, missing facial movements] or totally missing [mustache physics!!!! :D].

I am wondering that is going to the the "thing" or "shtick" about this game.

For example, Gears introduced the cover based shooting mechanic. RE4 introduced the over the shoulder 3rd person mechanic. I am wondering if this game will bring something new to the table or is it going to be one of those games that just refines the shit out of everything and introduces nothing new.

quest

Not Banned from OT
The probably want a spike of interest shortly before the release. I don't think slow trickles really muster up enough hype these days. [See Watchdogs]
That is because watchdogs got delayed. 1 video at E3 put TLoU on the MAP and helped cement it as one of Sony's biggest new IPs. 1 good video right now could put the game on the map for a crowded holiday season. Waiting until the big guns steal the hype is not a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom