• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS4 seen its biggest week for console hardware since launch in the UK

onQ123

Only 2 million? Pfffft. I raise you 5 million sold.

This thread here

Well we know that he isn't a reliable source

3OeO8bp.jpg

Welfare

UK per capita buys more games than NA, but I'm not entirely sure of the market vs market breakdown percentage wise.

I mean it could be over 300k it doesn't really matter to me either way. I hope it sells a fucking million. I'm just laying out my current thinking on where about it lands.

UK is usually between 20% and 25% of US sales for hardware sales.

Really curious as to why that Xbox one number is so low. That kind of drop off is crazy. I wonder if it translates to the US like this.

XBOX One had amazing deals last year as well, and also within the last couple of months. And the S was discounted rather quickly after its launch.

Gears 4 launching in October led to forward purchases as well.

And of course, there is the competition issue, especially with the Pro launch.

Take it all together and you get an idea why XBOX One S has a rather hard time this month. The same applies for the US, of course.

mentok15

Does anyone have any numbers for Australia? Xbox has had some pretty good deals over the last few weeks (I picked one up myself).

madmackem

XBOX One had amazing deals last year as well, and also within the last couple of months. And the S was discounted rather quickly after its launch.

Take it all together and you get an idea why XBOX One S has a rather hard time this month. The same applies for the US, of course.
There's been s deals just like ps4 slim deals in this crazy bf week.

There's been s deals just like ps4 slim deals in this crazy bf week.

Of course. It's BF after all. That's why you have to look at the big picture to unterstand why XBOX One family is down over 30% YoY - in that single week.

I haven't numbers, but I suppose XBOX One (S) is actually still up YoY if you compare results from 2nd half of 2015 and 2016 so far?

UK is usually between 20% and 25% of US sales for hardware sales.

Hmm in that case I suppose 400k is doable, if it follows a similar adoption rate as UK. Who knows though, the American demand may have a higher rate.

I would have to think 500k would the the absolute peak height possible.

Aceofspades

Banned
I haven't numbers, but I suppose XBOX One (S) is actually still up YoY if you compare results from 2nd half of 2015 and 2016 so far?

Xbox was down last two quarters, Xbox S is basically replacing the old model. Why the need to compare XbS with an old model that has been slowly phased out from the production line?

The division is down YoY, it might be because of Scorpio early announcement or competition (Sony's PRO+Slim strategy) or even because of Nintendo Switch news.

Lots of factors can be contributed to Xbox slower sales.

I agree with the others but the bolded is a complete non-factor. Gears wouldn't have pushed any significant number of hardware sales at all. The main factor is the XB Slim taking sales away from BF with its launch earlier.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
The deals were insane with PS4 significantly better than XBox bundles (normally £30 cheaper across the board). Sony clearly went out with the intention of winning the UK back from Microsoft.

The margins on he PS4 Slim must be really good... Oh Cerny... not only some of the best presentations, but good consoles too :). Heh.

Xbox was down last two quarters, Xbox S is basically replacing the old model. Why the need to compare XbS with an old model that has been slowly phased out from the production line?

We are talking about XBOX family here, right? As a family, XBOX One sales are down significantly if you only compare the BF week - actually although it has been replaced by the more sexy one. That's why I suggested to compare XBOX One sales within a larger period of time.

I don't know why people always have to bring in those stupid fanboys on twitter, they are deluded, on every side.

But they are so funny. Some of them a really borderline Trumpy.

The division is down YoY, it might be because of Scorpio early announcement or competition (Sony's PRO+Slim strategy) or even because of Nintendo Switch news.

Lots of factors can be contributed to Xbox slower sales.

It's adorable the way so many people lept onto the idea that the Xbox One S had created a big momentum swing in Microsoft's favor. The sales results we're seeing now show that was an illusion and the PS4 remains the more desirable console pretty much everywhere.

wow that is a big difference.. Also shows why XBOX didnt boast much about XBOX numbers over this Black Friday

"There was strong demand for Xbox hardware, accessories, games and Xbox Live engagement on Black Friday, based on initial results, with a strong start to the holiday season."

So 3DS, Wii U, Vita sold <40k..

Is Vita even available in the UK anymore? I looked it up on Amazon, Tesco Direct, Argos etc. and couldn't find any new direct sellers.

Saw it at GAME online for like £300. I wonder if they've ceased production here?

Top Bottom