• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The state of NeoGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfool

Banned
How many GAF Discords are there and why is it so hard for old, verified members to get an invite?

There were 70 discords. And they had to verify 7000 users. I'm not sure you appreciate what a massive undertaking this was.

Thesethingstaketime.gif.

Reki

To get to Discord, make an acccount at discordapp com and PM me your name and number. I'll share those with my admin so he can invite you.

Pbae

I logged in here to see if anyone would be generous enough to provide the secret code to Era.

T_T damn, guess we're not going to have a Secret Santa this year.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
For those who might wish to know more here are the details for the secret code to join.

People had to join at least one Discord community channel first and get verified by the admin in that channel. Then the registration codes were distributed in waves for verified members. Each code only works for a 10 min window. So far most if not all the discord channels have stopped taking in new people, partially because they were overrun by trolls of all kinds during the early Gaf Blackout stages. So for those who are not in the discord channels please wait for ioen registration. Whether a paid email is needed for the initial stage or not I'm uncertain. Or whether there will be other methods to get invites in the near future.

In any case, we're not supposed to leak the codes to anyone outside the specific discord channels. It's usually too late anyway because of the 10 min window. So don't go asking for the code to be posted because that will just cause the leaker trouble.

Anyway I am not asking for a permanent ban. Neither am I going to post something silly. I have been here for a decade or so and have learned a lot about games and a whole lot more about the world from the diversed posters in OT. Being of Gaf has opened up my perspectives and has certainly made me a better person who is more accepting of differences and to deal with my own differences as a person when compared to others.

It is disappointing that Evilore did what he did. And it's not just about whether he sexually assaulted anyone. It's the way the message was handled and the way he treated the community by making this place no longer open and safe. By pushing away most of the mod team, he has also destroyed what was the pillar that was holding this place up.

I probably won't post on this forum anymore but I would like to keep my account in case there's any remaining member that I would like to contact or who would like to contact me.

Anyway, it's been a great 10 years.

It's time for new game +

tuxfool

Banned
To Everyone asking for a code: It will be easier *if* you still have access for a paid email just to wait for it to open to public registration. Just hang tight.

Otherwise try to find someone in the community that you know and try to contact them.

silva1991

Finally made it where the community went and it feels good.

Fuck you elflore for ruining the best gaming forum yet in a time where actual crowded and active forums are almost non existent.

Spux666

Banned
Can I get perma banned please. Evil whatever the fuck his name is, is a living piece of shit and can burn with the rest of this forum :D

Pbae

Just wait for open registration, soon.

Is the open registration more or less the same as OG Gaf? I had to wait a while for approval, and by that time, I might not be able to participate.

If anyone could DM me a code, I would realllly appreciate it. Crossing fingers.

Is the open registration more or less the same as OG Gaf? I had to wait a while for approval, and by that time, I might not be able to participate.

If anyone could DM me a code, I would realllly appreciate it. Crossing fingers.

I don’t think there will be an approval time, just waves maybe. They’re trying to move over as many people as quickly as possible.

Another 1,000 added during this mornings invite. So over 8,000 now.

Pbae

I don’t think there will be an approval time, just waves maybe. They’re trying to move over as many people as quickly as possible.

Another 1,000 added during this mornings invite. So over 8,000 now.

Yeah, but those waves include the secret code for now and "soon" isn't a definitive answer in terms of timetable. Just keep refreshing the site?

Thank you for all the information regardless KM, you're helping alot of us outside the loop stay in. =]

twisteh

Would really appreciate a code over here too guys, secret code or discord whatever is easiest. A grateful Scotsman is always worth having around!

Thank you

Yeah, but those waves include the secret code for now and "soon" isn't a definitive answer in terms of timetable. Just keep refreshing the site?

Thank you for all the information regardless KM, you're helping alot of us outside the loop stay in. =]

Once I know of an open registration, I'll let everyone know. If you ask me or PM me for a code, I don't have anything to give, I'm not ignoring anyone. lol I'd like for all of you, who actually want to come over and continue the community, to join us.

For now, the codes are for Discord communities and have to match up because everyone is verified. So the codes wouldn't work outside of Discord, theoretically. But the open registration won't require a code, but maybe they'll put a limit on how many at one time and then close it off, then maybe repeat that process? I think the big concern is how many users can the site handle at one time.

Risto

Banned
Alright it’s been real. Evilore I know this is a big request but please try to avoid sexually assaulting anymore women. I know it’s just so hard for you to refuse.

neality

Banned
don't really give a shit what happens to this seeing as im on Era anyway (it's fucking awesome btw), but I'd at least want to extend thanks to the admins besides EviLore (fuck him).

you guys have worked incredibly so you deserve kudos.

as for this site, if the evil lord is still attached, I hope it crashes to the ground. It will do that though if the evil is not replaced, so I'm not worried.

its been fun lurking all these years. cheers

as for people migrating, stand by. they're releasing invites to communities on discord first,
so stragglers will have to try to slink into a discord (pretty hard since most of them are on lockdown) or wait for the open reg which should be very soon.

I didn't post since everything happened, but let's go, this is it.

This isn't a battle between forums, this isn't about killing GAF or anything like that.

If you think this is the point, then the point flies right over your head.

People are leaving by principles. People are leaving because they do not want to be represented here. People are leaving because they don't want to support a platform for which the owner does not reflect the image and values they want to share.

If you think this is just a forum for which the owner has nothing to gain, you're wrong. Being here and providing content creates traffic, traffic sees ad. Owner gains profit with ad revenue. If you don't want to support the owner of this platform, the best way to NOT help is by either quitting or not posting or visiting here in the future.

People leaving aren't doing it for fun, it's a form of protest, to make a statement that they do not accept or support the behavior of the owner. I never wanted things to turn out like this, I felt very invested in this place...I wrote this post with a heavy heart.

That is most likely my final post here. I fucking loved NeoGAF for the 7 years I was here. I loved the communities, but now is the time to leave.

I deleted all my work here, saved everything and will transfer at the new place.

For those of you who stay, I wish you a nice continuation.

For those who migrate, see you on the other side. ;)

I will miss this place a lot, but it will most likely never be the same.

THIS!!! So much this! REALLLLLLLY well put post!

Pesmerga00

I'm trying to sign up for an ERA account. I have a paid e-mail account, but during registration the verify captcha wont load. Any tips? Using Firefox.

Interfectum

I'm trying to sign up for an ERA account. I have a paid e-mail account, but during registration the verify captcha wont load. Any tips? Using Firefox.

You have to have a code (from Discord) to get in. Unfortunately it seems most of us have to wait for open registration to get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom