• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tomorrow Children Beta Announced

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
No email for me either and I signed up immediately.

Did anyone of GAF get in?
Only one I've seen here mention that he's in is Mik2121 but I think he got into the JP beta. Haven't seen anyone mention getting into the NA or Euro one.

Drencrom

FWIW, I haven't gotten a code either. I signed up for the beta as soon as the thread popped, and when I got the email regarding having been in the alpha, I signed up again and had my GF sign up too, but neither of us got one.

Wait, you didn't get one either?

Nearly no one (alpha tester or not) in this thread got invited it seems. Really odd.

Venom Fox

Banned
Wait, you didn't get one either?

Nearly no one (alpha tester or not) in this thread got invited it seems. Really odd.

It makes you wonder how many people actually signed up.
That's what makes me wonder if the selection process is random, or they select based on how much feedback you gave in the Alpha.

Apparently the signups numbers were really big.

Shame really as most of us would have gave them the feedback they wanted. I always do if it's a legitimate beta like this. That is what they are for after all.

That's what makes me wonder if the selection process is random, or they select based on how much feedback you gave in the Alpha.

Apparently the signups numbers were really big.

Shame really as most of us would have gave them the feedback they wanted. I always do if it's a legitimate beta like this. That is what they are for after all.
Well there's always the giveaways they are suppose to do. I'm going to try my luck at least :D

Dug through my email and I didn't even see confirmation that I signed up, but I know I did. Distinctly remember doing it.
Damnit all to clay kaiju hellllllll! ;_;

Really don't get why there isn't an open beta for this indie.
Who is going to buy such a weird and/or interesting game?
This isn't advertising; it's a beta test. They limit the population because if for example, their networking solution doesn't scale as well as they hoped, it will be a lot easier to fix it if they don't have millions of users continuously checking to see if it works yet. Also, servers aren't free, so it's hard to welcome all comers to a game that hasn't generated any revenue yet.

If this goes well, they may do an open beta as a shakedown before the official launch — which wouldn't be a terrible idea, just in case — or they may not.

Ok, quick update:

I got the link to the Modbot giveaway instructions, so I'll set that up once I get to the office. There are US and EU region codes, so winners may have to do some trading amongst themselves but I'll try to work out the logistics as much as possible after I've completely awoken lol.

Honestly, I have no idea why so many of you who signed up weren't picked, but today is about solutions so please be patient!

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Ok, quick update:

I got the link to the Modbot giveaway instructions, so I'll set that up once I get to the office. There are US and EU region codes, so winners may have to do some trading amongst themselves but I'll try to work out the logistics as much as possible after I've completely awoken lol.

Honestly, I have no idea why so many of you who signed up weren't picked, but today is about solutions so please be patient!

Thank you for the reply! I can't wait lol

Meanwhile, back at NeoGAF...

office_issues.gif

Ok, quick update:

Solutions. I like solutions!

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Oh wow, the beta is tomorrow!! :eek:

Fuck, now I'm even more hyped! Do we have an ETA? (as I will work tomorrow from 12 to 8pm ,_,)

Oh wow, the beta is tomorrow!! :eek:

Fuck, now I'm even more hyped! Do we have an ETA? (as I will work tomorrow from 12 to 8pm ,_,)

The first 3-hour block starts at 6am Eastern/3am Pacific/11am GMT Thursday morning (the JP block), the second starts at 1pm EST/10 am PST/6 pm GMT Saturday (EU block), last is 7 pm EST/4 pm PST Saturday/12 am Sunday GMT (US block).

From the last page.

Elandyll

Banned
Ok, quick update:

Crossing fingers..

Con_Smith

Banned
I feel like even with the getaway, work will have me in a position where I'll miss any giveaway here and spamming f5 on my email just brings disappointment.

Oh well, maybe I'll try out Tharsis for reals tonight.

Venom Fox

Banned
Ok, quick update:

You may just be our saving grace Duck, thanks for the opportunity!

Drencrom

Ok, quick update:

Great to hear!

You could always have two separate Modbot giveaways (one for EU codes and the other for US codes).

If you set a longer time limit, does that space out the giveaways more?

Hmm, I'm not sure about this.

The way Modbot works is that you set a time limit (you can choose zero, 15 minutes, 3 hours and 24 hours) add your keys and then it runs by itself (you also have to post it in the thread)

You can add several keys per Modbot dump, and you can do more than one as well.

Top Bottom