• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The two greatest toys from childhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no other answer.

This piece of plastic is nothing compared to the glory that is die cast Voltron, I miss the days when toys were quality products.

TRM10013.jpg

OchreHand

Does anyone remember the commercial for this? My 7 year old self was so fooled by the "talking animated cards." Imagine my disappointment when I opened up the box and realized the cards didn't talk to each other .

Still fun tho.

inky

I always had a soft spot for this:

I don't even like dominos. I just liked all the creepy shit that came with it.

I had this too. It was great, although not as customizable as I first thought.

I also had a slot car track:

s-l1600.jpg

although I can't find a pic the exact same one I had, which had way more shit that this one btw. It was the goat toy for me next to my foosball table.

jesu

First 4 in the OP for me, well hand me downs from my brothers.

edit, actually not the first one, I had a much smaller driving game.

chifanpoe

Oh man I really wanted Snake Mountain to go with the Castle Grey Skull. Instead Santa brought me this:

9dcea48b03f4533d8c50c28079fc8a3c.jpg

Trying to keep them on the track was a pain, worst present ever ;)

This and later the NES were the two best toys:
star-wars-at-at-toy-80s.jpg

For those of us born in the late 1970's (I am 38)

Retro

Lego and Battle Beasts were pretty much my two go-to toys as a kid. I remember building fortresses on my bookshelfs (books turned horizontally with one sticking out became floors, books pulled out became walls, etc.), using lego bricks to make computers / tables / etc. and just having big ass battles and plotlines.

Weevilone

I'll nominate my Micronauts. It was awesome how you could mix and match parts to create different things.. and that comic book tie in!

Micronauts%20cruiser.jpg

The Argus

20130531-021258.jpg

and later

est1672.jpg

These are considered toys right? Started building rockets with my dad at like 6 years old and built my own up to middle school. I still remember the feeling of getting my fingers stuck between balsa wood and model glue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom