• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 file size is 50GB minimum on PS4/XBO

Aces&Eights

Digital for me. Comcast has removed data caps in my town and increased my speeds to 50/7. (Up from 30/5).

Gotta love preloading, too.

Bgamer90

Banned
Not interested in the game but I'm not surprised. Open world game that seems pretty demanding.

1 TB would have been the perfect amount of space for these current gen consoles. Have a 3 TB external drive on my Xbox One.

Mikey Jr.

50gb....

Sweet Jesus.

That will literally take me the entire day to download. Should have just bought the fucking disc dammit.

So?

lol its still gonna dump the entire disc on the HDD
Thats how the XOne & PS4 work

The PS4 installs games to the point where you can play them in under a minute. So managing your HDD space is very easy; just delete your oldest game installations. Want to play an old game? No re-download necessary, just pop in the disc.

The PS4 installs games to the point where you can play them in under a minute. So managing your HDD space is very easy; just delete your oldest game installations. Want to play an old game? No re-download necessary, just pop in the disc.
+ Patching + DLC. Sony's data setup still bundles everything together. To get rid of the install requires you to gut everything, as mentioned above.

+ Patching + DLC. Sony's data setup still bundles everything together. To get rid of the install requires you to gut everything, as mentioned above.

And there is no guarantee that it will get to the part of the game you want to play, right away. Sure it does when you first put it in, but what if you're going back for achievements on the last leve etc etc.

On another note, I shall definitely be getting an external for my X1 by the summer. Games will start flying in by then but damn, sometimes believe that people just black out in the time they pop a disc in to when it starts, how people can own a system and not realise it installs their games is beyond me.

People think it's strange when I buy physical PC games. Even with 40gb of disc installs for Wolfenstein TNO, I still had to download another 10gb. Still, 10gb > 50gb downloaded.

For huge games, I have no problem buying physical copies even if I need to use DRM. Saves me the hours of downloading and the soft bandwidth cap my ISP sets.

K. I'll have to figure out which platform to get it on then.

CD Projekt are a gamer's dream developer. If you have a PC you should definitely get it there. Otherwise you can't really go wrong with it on any platform. They made a statement about all of the DLC for it being free so game content-wise, you're not held back anywhere.
Yeah, I have 73gb left of my PC SSD. Gonna be tight fit. :-/
If you don't have an SSD and a separate HDD for game installs, you're doing PC gaming wrong

CD Projekt are a gamer's dream developer. If you have a PC you should definitely get it there. Otherwise you can't really go wrong with it on any platform. They made a statement about all of the DLC for it being free so game content-wise, you're not held back anywhere.

If you don't have an SSD and a separate HDD for game installs, you're doing PC gaming wrong

My PC would melt :)

I have both Xbox and PS4. I know that the PS4 runs on a higher resolution, but my Xbox has an external HDD, and all of my friends who will get that game will be on Xbox. I just wish Xbox had the same resolution :/

i-Lo

Expected. I do wonder how much will be requirement for folks buying the physical copy (on PS4 where the entire game isn't copied).

Top Bottom