• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 file size is 50GB minimum on PS4/XBO

Finaj

Kinda off-topic, but does anyone know if there are combat mods for Witcher 2? I want to play, but the combat is so overly-complicated and frustrating.

fantomena

Yah. I really want Xbone but it takes forever for huge games on there. Maybe if you download offline it will go by quick?

Im mostly going with multiplatt games on either PS4 or PC sicne the install times on Xbone makes me rage.

Forza Horizon 2 put me through torture.

Im mostly going with multiplatt games on either PS4 or PC sicne the install times on Xbone makes me rage.

Forza Horizon 2 put me through torture.

Is it because of the day 1 updates that take forever? Or is it just the Xbox itself. The longest I've ever waited was an hour, and that was because I had a huge day 1 update.

Kssio_Aug

Thats a lot. But I can take it.

However, I know the burden that is 60gb after the digital purchase of Halo MCC. So if its bigger then that, I may buy a new HDD for my PS4 (and maybe buy it in a disc, so I dont have to dowload that much with 3mbps).

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
My PC would melt :)

I have both Xbox and PS4. I know that the PS4 runs on a higher resolution, but my Xbox has an external HDD, and all of my friends who will get that game will be on Xbox. I just wish Xbox had the same resolution :/
It's a single player only game so friends won't really matter. Unless you have a monstrous preference for the XBO controller, I can't see why you wouldn't go with the better looking version.

SJRB

Gold Member
Good lord. I probably should've invested in a bigger HDD when I bought my PS4.

MAKE ROOM FOR GERALT OF RIVIA.

Loakum

Banned
I still have over 366 GB left on my 1 TB SSHD, so I'm more than ready. I'll probably invest in a 2 TB by year's end.

My PS4 deserves every single megabyte installed from The Witcher 3. It is like being cleansed with pure magical CD project glory. Bring it on the 50 GB of love 😚

It's a single player only game so friends won't really matter. Unless you have a monstrous preference for the XBO controller, I can't see why you wouldn't go with the better looking version.

I have 4.5 tb on my Xbox and like 198 gb on my PS4....
Assuming I get Bloodborne and The Order before then....

shandy706

My 2.5TB is ready on the X1 and my 3.5TB is ready on my gaming rig.

I'll pick it up on whichever has it cheaper first down the road.

If X1 (console) performance sucks I'll get it to play on my 980, period.

I have 4.5 tb on my Xbox and like 198 on my PS4....

That 198 tb had to cost a fortune!!

trollol

Valnen

Open world, next gen only game.

I will be legitimately shocked if a few years from now, games are only coming on one disk still.

Zambatoh

Ugggh...Definitely Physical for me.
Waiting an hour to install off the disc is better then waiting a week to download it.
America's internet has been a joke for so long, it's not even funny anymore.

rbqPITy.gif

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Yah. I really want Xbone but it takes forever for huge games on there. Maybe if you download offline it will go by quick?

Only reason I'm getting it on the Bone is because I got it for a ridiculously cheap price. Even then I'm thinking of taking it to WalMart to see if I can exchange for the PS4 version.

TURBO1112

In my case physical games definitely take longer on the xbox one to install then my PS4, but actually quicker when downloading digital title. Will be grabbing this for my X1. Like the controller better. Will be pre loading anyway, so time doesnt really matter.

jobrro

We can't even back up our digital games as it is. My 500GB are nearly full :/

Think they had backup on the patch notes of a recent PS4 firmware update before they later removed that bit, so hopefully that is a sign we can back them up in a future update. Do not look forward to redownloading all my games when the time to upgrade from the stock drive comes.

Think i'll get the witcher for xbox as well as i'll be getting bloodborne/1886 game for ps4 plus all the other games on there need t o put some stuff on my bone

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So?

lol its still gonna dump the entire disc on the HDD
Thats how the XOne & PS4 work

At least you won't be downloading. Going by unstable internet connections, and the new trend of games beginning with partial downloads, then sitting to wait till the rest is downloaded, better to have a disc dumping the data at the fastest optimal speed possible is still better.

Top Bottom