• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 has been delayed to May 19, 2015.

Time for those denying the insider to eat crow.

He was quite right with the dev difficulties of Witcher 3. Heck people were even refusing to acknowledge the downgrade.

The news is sad to hear but if the final game receives more polish, all's well.

Dabanton

So Witcher 3 will still be released close to Arkham Knight? FFS. Isn't that out early June?

I simply don't have time for two huge games so close together. I imagine I'm not the only one.

Tadale

That's a pretty lengthy delay. January and February are looking a lot less exciting without Bloodborne and The Witcher.

Time for those denying the insider to eat crow.

He was quite right with the dev difficulties of Witcher 3. Heck people were even refusing to acknowledge the downgrade.

The news is sad to hear but if the final game receives more polish, all's well.

Where did this insider post on? Very curious.

Percy

Banned
Looks like the release date got the biggest downgrade of all.

Guess that'll leave more time for Bloodborne if nothing else :)

Rosur

And February once again gets a little less crowded.

Why I'm glad about this move.

Feb's got The Order 1886, March is Bloodborne + FF Type 0 and the May for Witcher 3. Nothing in April atm (though probably something will show up).

The End

Not surprising at all. With DA:I executing so well right off the bat it made zero sense to launch in february if they weren't completely satisfied with the state the game was in.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
*come March*

"The Witcher 3 has been delayed to October 17, 2015"

It might make sense to do it that way if they're getting additional funding out of their regional publishers by showing them newer builds, so they have to get less extra money each time, and have a better product to show each time to help grease the wheels.

Delays suck, but I am glad they won't release a turd. Best keep it in the oven till done.

Besides, I wouldn't have time for it with The Order and Bloodborne out around that time.

i was planning to get a new pc based on what's necessary to run it at 60 fps in ultra.... So do i delay my new PC for it do i still get it in february? tough choice, haha

So Witcher 3 will still be released close to Arkham Knight? FFS. Isn't that out early June?

I simply don't have time for two huge games so close together. I imagine I'm not the only one.

It's summer. Nothing substantial will come out until late August or early September. You have plenty of time.

Begaria

That sucks but February was getting kind of packed anyway I suppose. Still, I hope this is the only delay.

It really isn't packed anymore. WiiU gets a Kirby game, PS4 gets The Order 1886, there's Evolve, DOA5, and RE: Revelations 2 for multiplatform now. With Bloodborne in March and Witcher 3 in May, February looks pretty manageable all around.

ced

Fuck, after it's other delays I thought it was solid at Feb.

I'm pretty cool with early delays, but I think publishers need to quit doing these BS release dates that I'm sure developers know they are not going to hit.

446024.png

Top Bottom