• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 has been delayed to May 19, 2015.

Nestunt

The funny thing is that I had convinced myself in 2013 that I would only buy a current gen console by the release of this game

If I hadnt put that idea aside, I would have been missing out some cool games

I dont mind that they delay and give me the best product possible. But cmon! Imagine if you are that person in my first sentence scenario

I'm glad it was delayed, I was feeling overwhelmed with all the games in the first trimester and this gives me more time to put together the money for new hardware.
This isn't surprising, since they started revealing info it always seemed too ambitious for a studio of that size.
Take the time to polish it CDPR, we know you support your releases but having a polished product out of the box is nice.

Where did this insider post on? Very curious.
He was verified by Bish.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=132744341&postcount=359

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=132704069&postcount=310

PR is creating an overblown vision of a game that doesn’t exist while the team is in crazy crunch time for over a year now.

Well in the end it’s my words vs CDP PR. I mean why should you believe me if I have no solid evidence to show? But that’s kind of my point, CDP built a very good relationship with gamers and now it’s paying off as opposed to say EA. I do have inside knowledge, I did have contact with the game but again NDA and such plus I’m just a dude on the internet. My only point is that GAF should take everything CDP says with a grain of salt.

Just to sum up my messy line of thinking – don’t pre-order the game (especially on consoles). Wait for the reviews, then decide or don’t pay attention to a random dude on the internet and do what you want with your money.

Philippo

nooooooo_luke_skywalker.gif

This shits all over my purchase programs, i'll spend months without even knowing what to buy :/

Elios83

More time for The Order and Bloodborne :D
No really I'm disappointed but it's better this way than having an other AC: Unity, Driveclub, Halo MCC situation...games have to be released when they're ready, period.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Cyberpunk 2077 delayed to 2019.

Don't really get the "Sony must be happy" sentiment. Witcher is a niche European RPG, it wasn't going to make a dent in The Order's audience.

WHAT THE FUCK MAN

Take everybody off of Cyberpunk 2077 and get this shit done right now and ready for February. Dragonball Xenoverse and GTA V PC better tide me until May. Godammit

"So, Dragon Age: Inquisition is a pretty great game, thus we're delaying ours in an attempt to polish it more to eclipse Inquisition and, heck, not even compete with it."

I can dig that. A delayed game is eventually good and all that.

Santar

I wish game developers/publishers would hold off on announcing a release date until they are certain they'll make it. Don't announce a date 1 year or six months away and delay it.
This is why I don't get hyped on games that are a long time away any more, I start to get excited when there's only a month or so left until release.

Denton

Well, I started reading Last Wish few days ago. Then there are seven more books to read and Witcher 2 to replay.

And now I actually have a chance to make it all in time!

Still, some screaming internally is present.
But I admire their dedication to make this as polished as possible. After all, best things are hard as fuck to make. Plus with may release, they have a bigger chance at media GOTYs.

Elandyll

Banned
On one hand, AAARGH.

On the other: more time to finish DA:I and any other game I might get for Xmas, work on my backlog, and possibly enjoy The Order 1886 and Bloodborne before this monster of a RPG arrives.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Not sad about this - Dragon Age Inquisition is so large I will still be playing it come May 2015. (Actually I sort of wonder if they didn't see the size of DAI and realize that they would need to make Witcher 3 larger.)

Servbot24

Banned
Sounds good. Feb-March was way too crowded.

Game in development hell confirmed.

Thats two delays for it so far. Hopefully this is the last time.

"Development hell" is TLG and FFXV. Can't just throw that term around every time a game gets pushed back a couple months.

Fuz

Banned
Again? Aw, crap.
Good thing my PC died so I can't force myself to wait TW3 to upgrade.

Serioulsy though, it's really a good thing that they don't release a rushed version just to monetize fast. Quite a different approach from other AAA titles.
Good old "when it's done".

Top Bottom