• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 has gone gold

FiraB

Banned
the_best_my_body_is_ready_gif_ive_ever_seen-117569.gif

I'm Ready!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Built my rig 6 months ago for games like this... hopefully I can max it lol.

Having loved Witcher 2 helps too (first one not so much)

RyudBoy

You know, Steam has achievements as well :p

It would make perfect sense double dipping for GOG + Steam versions, personally.

Also playing TW3 in 60+ fps is going to be too good.

Yea, I'm aware. I don't care about Steam achievements though since I mostly game on Xbox, but that could change now that I got a new PC.

Siphorus

Cant wait for this game. Gonna get belligerently drunk, poisoned, and hit the brothel like the unshaven-ed white wolf I am.

I saw the trophies. Interesting that they changed the difficulty names so late in the cycle. With the perma death dropped too, I'm curious as to what happened behind the scenes.

Hope the game matches the hype.

erawsd

I saw the trophies. Interesting that they changed the difficulty names so late in the cycle. With the perma death dropped too, I'm curious as to what happened behind the scenes.

They talked about renaming easy mode a little while ago because the intent is for it to be a "Story mode" of sorts. Guess they decided to do with with all of them.

Filben

I think it probably will. At least for me. But at the same time I'm not THAT hyped because I only watch a fraction of the given material from new games. But the more a game/movie/whatever is loved and hyped the more (harsh!) critics you will find. It's like there must always be total antipole.

Good to see at amazon when you see mostly 5 stars and 1 stars reviews for a hyped –or better: highly critically acclaimed– and everything between is just vanishingly few.

I already see posts like "I can't understand why this is hyped" (like people don't REALLY understand why people could like things...) ;-)

Majukun

will we able to simulate world states on pc too?
i played the withcer 2 on 360 but i'm gonna play witcher 3 on pc....i don't really want to re-finish the game on pc just to port my decisions

SaberEdge

I'll believe it when I play it. In videos it doesn't look any different. It certainly doesn't look anywhere near as accomplished and exacting as From Software's games, as IGN's forced comparison would lead you to believe.

Except they've already played it, while you're just judging from a video. The combat in the Souls games/Bloodborne does not look impressive in videos. You have to play them to understand how all the systems work together.

Little over a month to go...It's gonna be a long one. I've been anticipating this ever since I had that *click* moment during 2. Will be very interesting to see if the writing keeps up with the other two in the series. I consider them to be head and shoulders above most if not all video games these days when it comes to world, characters, interactions, etc.

I'm ready damn it.

system11

I will buy two copies if they put an option in console versions to turn the chromatic aberration off. If they don't, I will buy zero. Pains me to say that as I loved the last one.

Falchion

Great news, I suppose now the team will shift their focus to finishing all the DLC which looks to be pretty massive as well.

So hyped for this game.

It will be my first entry into the Witcher series and looks like it will finally be the next gen RPG I have been craving.

Wait is unbearable even though I bought like 4 new games this past month :( lol

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Hype is building.

Going to try and have a ton of fun on my 10 day vacation from May 19th to the 29th. Then 3 nights of work. Sigh, bad timing.

So really. I TW3 launches on June 1st for me.

Patiently waiting for the pre-release streaming to begin....

Im about 90% sure Im buying this game day one...but still, would enjoy watching some streaming from those who got it early...to cement the deal to 100%

Top Bottom